LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Pate was last seen in June 1999, believed to be murdered on or around July 3, 1999 and her remains found in September 1999.

Correct. BSL's arrest for sexual assault was in April 1999...so it seems he was not in police custody (out on bond?) when Lisa Pate vanished and was found. I believe he was convicted (guilty plea) in Feb. 2000?

Interesting to note that his marriage occurred around the time Lisa's body was found. (Married in Sept., divorced the following year)

Thanks for all the updates. I have spent the last hour catching up. I am not surprised there is another victim/s. I am sad. Sad for all the Victims and their Families. Those we will come to know and those we may never :rose:

ugh this made me sick to my stomach: (bbm)

"Lavergne was also indicted on first degree murder charge for the death of 34 year old Lisa Pate. Pate was last seen in Lafayette in June of 1999, and according to today's indictment, is believed to have been killed on or around July 3, 1999. Her remains were found in Church Point, LA, in late September of that year. "

Ugh. So he might have kept her and done horrible things to her. :( I pray that the family gets answers and closure now after all these years.

SOURCE LINK: http://www.kplctv.com/story/19059091/brandon-scott-lavergne

Oh Jesus....I didn't catch that late June to early July part for some reason.

Poor Lisa. Poor Mickey.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deuKdsxdLM4"]"Calling All Angels" to Find Mickey Shunick Now - YouTube[/ame]

She courageously sacrificed her life so that others may live...

RIP... Mickey Schunick

My guess is she went missing July 3rd.....and the forensics showed she had been dead for 2-3 months.....so they assumed July 3rd was when she was killed? Kind of like (unless there's more evidence we don't know about), LE is saying they believe Mickey was killed on the same day she went missing?

No they said she went missing in June-that is why we are so perplexed...said last seen in June, died on or about July 3rd...?????

No one will believe he was insane.

He obviously knew right from wrong because he tried to hide and destroy evidence. Someone who is truly insane wouldn't go to those lengths to cover it up.

I was just thinking so bear with me, but anyone who can do such things has to be insane...sick in the head...not wired right. Take OJ for instance...he murdered his wife and her friend in a bloody frenzy, yet I don't think of him as insane. He was just a jealous, pompous SOB.
BSL has obviously murdered and most likely tortured two or more human beings and yes, he was calculating enough to ditch the bike and go to NO for his wounds and burn his truck, but it's obvious he doesn't think like a normal person. It may not fit the formal or legal definition of insanity, but in my mind, he is insane none the less.
Of course, his past will be brought up, not only his sexual offense but his not knowing his mother and when he goes to see her she wants nothing to do with him and he understands that she wanted other children, but she didn't want him. Just his whole life. Someguy mentioned that he had a hard life and perhaps they will use that as a sort of foundation. I'm just talking off the top of my head now...
I just feel really badly for everyone involved.

No they said she went missing in June-that is why we are so perplexed...said last seen in June, died on or about July 3rd...?????

You're right, I misread it. Edited my post. :)

Maybe there's a picture dated 7/3/99 (from those "old" cameras that when you'd develop the film would have the date on the pics in the 1990s?) of something awful? As terrible as that would be, it would be great for sending this guy away for life.

I was just thinking so bear with me, but anyone who can do such things has to be insane...sick in the head...not wired right. Take OJ for instance...he murdered his wife and her friend in a bloody frenzy, yet I don't think of him as insane. He was just a jealous, pompous SOB.
BSL has obviously murdered and most likely tortured two or more human beings and yes, he was calculating enough to ditch the bike and go to NO for his wounds and burn his truck, but it's obvious he doesn't think like a normal person. It may not fit the formal or legal definition of insanity, but in my mind, he is insane none the less.
Of course, his past will be brought up, not only his sexual offense but his not knowing his mother and when he goes to see her she wants nothing to do with him and he understands that she wanted other children, but she didn't want him. Just his whole life. Someguy mentioned that he had a hard life and perhaps they will use that as a sort of foundation. I'm just talking off the top of my head now...

None of that about his past will come up until a penalty phase, unless he testifies as they won't be admitting anything, or plead insanity, unless he is trying to make a deal. A lawyer can't very well say he didn't do it, but if he did it is because of his mother...JMO
The sob stories are for the penalty phase part...after conviction.

Legal insanity has very specific criteria.

I don't think he's insane. Personality disorder, maybe.

No one knows at this point.

Ugh, I wish I had paid more attention to the initial stats on BSL's SO page. I'm reading that they now have 'Scar on Hand (Surgery on right hand) ' Was that there before? If not, does that confirm that he did indeed have surgery on his hand, and it's not just speculation that he had surgery on it (whether it be at OGH or elsewhere)?

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1417897&AgencyID=53604
His sex offender registry has noted and this information was posted before he was a suspect in Mickey's case:
scar on ribs(1 inch surgical scar on left side)
scar on hand( surgery on right hand)

KLFY broadcast overview

Charged BSL with 1st degree murder with 22 y/o MS; also indicted with murder of 35 y/o Lisa Pate who died in 1999.

Currently being held without bail

Statement of charges incorporate underlying felony charges with aggravated kidnapping and second degree kidnapping.

Shunick family responding – Tom Shunick – was not surprised that BSL would face trial, but hopes second murder charge will put pressure to reveal location of MS. Feels police may be dealing with serial killer; feels like MS’s chance of being alive took a big hit. No evidence he knows of anything that MS had in her possession was found in BSL’s home.

Skeletal remains discovered in oct 1999. Unable to determine from prelimary of COD; obvious from boards over body, it was foul play per former sheriff Goss.

Statement from Lisa’s family – “Lisa’s two sons are happy justice will be served but they wish it would been done years ago b/c maybe Mickey would still be here. She was one heck of a mother who loved her children with all her heart.”

According to KATC's newscast, Lisa Pate was from Youngsville and the mother of three children, the youngest being just weeks old when she disappeared and subsequently given up for adoption. The two boys are now 22 and 16.

Antisocial personality disorder is a considered a mental illness. A person with this cannot control their impulses. However, they DO know that what they are doing is wrong and therefore, they are legally culpable.

KLFY broadcast overview

Charged BSL with 1st degree murder with 22 y/o MS; also indicted with murder of 35 y/o Lisa Pate who died in 1999.

Currently being held without bail

Statement of charges incorporate underlying felony charges with aggravated kidnapping and second degree kidnapping.

Shunick family responding – Tom Shunick – was not surprised that BSL would face trial, but hopes second murder charge will put pressure to reveal location of MS. Feels police may be dealing with serial killer; feels like MS’s chance of being alive took a big hit. No evidence he knows of anything that MS had in her possession was found in BSL’s home.

Skeletal remains discovered in oct 1999. Unable to determine from prelimary of COD; obvious from boards over body, it was foul play per former sheriff Goss.

Statement from Lisa’s family – “Lisa’s two sons are happy justice will be served but they wish it would been done years ago b/c maybe Mickey would still be here. She was one heck of a mother who loved her children with all her heart.”

Is Mickey's father saying he would support second-degree murder if BL will reveal where her body is? I am confused...is that even an option?

That link says he was on probation from 11/15/2007- 11/15/2010

Is this incorrect???

This confuses me.his release date is listed as being in 2008 but it does look like the probation started earlier? Odd.

Posted using the tapatalk2 app...forgive any typos please :)

Is Mickey's father saying he would support second-degree murder if BL will reveal where her body is? I am confused...is that even an option?

I think he's saying that he's hoping the second murder charge (for Lisa Pate) will cause BSL to reveal where he put Mickey, since he might feel like, "Well they've got me now..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub