LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BSL's friend was driving with others (not LP) in the car. They get into an accident one (friend) dies in the car accident.

"Somewhere" in the midst of this BUT prior to the accident. LP becomes missing and her remains are discovered approx 3 months later in the same area that the wreck happened.

After being threatened and living in fear, the friend that survived the crash will finally be able to rest knowing justice has been served.

I read in another one of your posts that she disappeared on the same day of the accident, and that her remains were found in the same area of the accident... And that she disappeared somewhere in the midst of, but prior to the accident. Do you know if it was BSL's car that was involved? And do you know if it was a one vehicle accident? All the above seems so intertwined, I was wondering if maybe BSL had harmed her earlier and perhaps put her in the trunk until he knew what to do with her. It's been done before. The accident happens, and at the scene BSL, knowing le/paramedics were going to have to come, panicked and had to remove her remains and put her where he did then. And used threats (his mo) to scare the other passengers into silence. Maybe they were afraid they could be charged somehow in it if they spoke up...
I'm just trying to figure how all the above circumstances fit together, unless they simply don't and it's just a coincidence...??? I'm not sure why he would drive around with her still in there, especially with friends, but it's the only thing I could come up with that puts all the above circumstances together... Unless someone else was involved, which is not his mo..

I know you said his friend was supposedly driving, but could it have been BSL's car by chance??? And are you positive he wasn't driving?

According to Ancestry.com (needs membership to access), she was born in New Iberia.

:bump:

attachment.php

Thank You kjnmom!

Took me 45 min to find the link Bessie!!!
? did it blow the margins?

IMO this date isn't from new information... I think they just chose the date July 3/4th based on when she disappeared but who knows!

Megsy,:woohoo:
Thank you so much for the awesome timeline. At this time I can't figure out where your latest one is. I am unsure if the following items are included in your timeline. I am trying to see if you did or are addressing the questions. Maybe cause it's 3 am and my brain is too tired to think straight.

Bessie or Megsy,
I am not sure where to post these questions. I am unsure if these are on megsy. If the following needs to be posted elsewhere just let me know so I can delete and post in appropriate location.

I have questions.
Is anyone doing a timeline of BSL from 1994 til June 2012?
Possibly there are other girls that he terrorized and connections can be looked into.

BSL TIMELINE 1994 til June 2012
-- *Dates & locations of where BSL resided and with who. Properties & dates owned by bsl, his family members or relatives that BSL had access to.
-- *Date of BSL parents divorce and who & location he remained with.
-- *Dates & locations of schools, hospital, reform training, mental clinic, behavior clinics, etc.
-- *Dates & locations of military Army training & stations and dates of leave taken.
-- *Vehicles registered by BSL or he had access to drive (parents or family). How & when were vehicles disposed of (sold, traded) ?
-- *Police reports incidents, crimes or accidents BSL involved in with dates, location and what was situation.
-- *Was he allowed out of prison for visitations etc during his 8 yrs? If so, when & where?
-- *Where was he released from prison (city) and how did he arrive to his home and where?
-- *Employment companies & dates he was employed after prison release. Dates and Locations of employment, temporary assignments, training, leave dates, where he met boats, helicopter etc to go offshore.
----------
I have composed this message three times since yesterday but it seems to disappear as I am trying to post.

Thank you for the warm sleuthers here...... :tyou:
Since joining, I feel I am blessed with this place for insight and support. Thank y'all for all that's done. I appreciate it.

God bless families of Mickey, :angel: Lisa and others tormented by BSL.
:candle::candle: Bring Mickey home!!

I read in another one of your posts that she disappeared on the same day of the accident, and that her remains were found in the same area of the accident... And that she disappeared somewhere in the midst of, but prior to the accident. Do you know if it was BSL's car that was involved? And do you know if it was a one vehicle accident? All the above seems so intertwined, I was wondering if maybe BSL had harmed her earlier and perhaps put her in the trunk until he knew what to do with her. It's been done before. The accident happens, and at the scene BSL, knowing le/paramedics were going to have to come, panicked and had to remove her remains and put her where he did then. And used threats (his mo) to scare the other passengers into silence. Maybe they were afraid they could be charged somehow in it if they spoke up...
I'm just trying to figure how all the above circumstances fit together, unless they simply don't and it's just a coincidence...??? I'm not sure why he would drive around with her still in there, especially with friends, but it's the only thing I could come up with that puts all the above circumstances together... Unless someone else was involved, which is not his mo..

I know you said his friend was supposedly driving, but could it have been BSL's car by chance???

Look at bessie's post #1304 above -- that might help. (And imagine speeding away from such a scene...)

My poor tired brain can't quite get all this to jive. We don't even know what exact date Lisa Pate went missing, right? Just June 1999? But we're hearing after the gj -- apparently new info -- that she is thought to have died July 3, 1999? Then found that September.

Or -- she actually went missing in June (or nobody could verify seeing her after some time in June), but somebody (other than perp) first saw her body "on or about" July 3 (but didn't "tell" for years) -- so that is closest they can estimate date of death! (Is that kinda what you were speculating, bessie?)

:waitasec:

Maybe just a little misinformation here and there, that will all get cleared up...
Here's what we know.

She was last seen in Lafayette in June of 1999. According to Wednesday's indictment, Pate is believed to have been killed on or around July 3, 1999. Her remains were found in Church Point, LA, in late September of that year.
http://www.kplctv.com/story/19060347/lavergne-indicted-in-shunicks-murder

We also know LP's body was found under three large boards behind a residence off of Brigman Hwy by the owners.
http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...page=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

Some sources say the property was owned by BSL or his family. That parts not verified, but it appears to be true.

Laffy and the other locals have said a traffic accident took place around the time of LP's disappearance. One person was killed, and another serously injured. The injured party was BSL's friend. LP was not in the car, and I understood LT to say BSL wasn't either. I have to read back because I might've misunderstood that part. LT also said BSL was questioned four years ago about LP's death, but was not charged. At any rate, the implication is that the accident is in some way related to LP's death, and that family members and/or a passenger in the car has/have come forward with information that led to BSL's indictment in LP's death.

Earlier some were wondering how LP's date of death could be narrowed down to "on or about July 3, 1999", as stated in the indictment. So I speculated that perhaps the accident took place on or about that day, and that the driver might have seen something so shocking that it impaired his/her ability to drive, resulting in an accident. Maybe the friends had driven by the property looking for BSL, and stumbled upon a crime scene. That's total speculation on my part, but, it would explain how LE came about with the estimated date of LP's death if someone involved in the accident testified that he/she witnessed LP's murder, or the aftermath of the murder, on the day of the accident. Again, the last part is just a theory and should be taken with a huge chunk of salt.

ETA: LT said BSL was not the driver. I'm still not sure whether or not he was in the car.

BSL was not the driver. And the cause of the accident is unknown.

:bump:

Thank You kjnmom!

Took me 45 min to find the link Bessie!!!
? did it blow the margins?

IMO this date isn't from new information... I think they just chose the date July 3/4th based on when she disappeared but who knows!

When the information about Lisa Pate was posted a few days ago, the only place I could think of to find a possible obituary on Lisa was Ancestry.com. That was all I found on her except for the Social Security death record that states September 1999 as her date of death, the month she was found.
According to the Pate family tree, her parents and her older siblings were born in Texas. The family moved to New Iberia and Lisa was born there. Her father died in Alaska the year after she was born.

BSL's friend was driving with others (not LP) in the car. They get into an accident one (friend) dies in the car accident.

"Somewhere" in the midst of this BUT prior to the accident. LP becomes missing and her remains are discovered approx 3 months later in the same area that the wreck happened.

After being threatened and living in fear, the friend that survived the crash will finally be able to rest knowing justice has been served.

BSL was not the driver. And the cause of the accident is unknown.

BSL was not driving? Sure "sounds" to me like BSL may have been the "cause" ...he had at least two people that he threatened ??? Was he in the car and uninjured?? perhaps...If this is true he should be charged with another murder... in the death of his friend!

Was this a single car accident?

My ♥ goes out to the girl left threatened by him!

LP had a BABY that was a few weeks old!!! How in the world did she get mixed up with a guy 15 years younger than her????

The baby girl was adopted and the other two boys are 16 and 22 now.

This story could get interesting!!!

MAYBE the family did know "stuff"!
What happens if you know BSL and you know "stuff"???
He threatens to burn your house down!

How many arsons will he be connected to I WONDER!!!

Anyone that he knew... friends/family that died... I hope a proper autopsy was performed!!!
I am certain now that he is involved in the disappearance/murder of more.

If the family/friends did know anything can't say I blame them for staying mum!:banghead:

all MOO!

Here's what we know.

<respectfully snipped for space>

Thanks, bessie -- I torturously figured some of that out (and did some speculatin' myself) in that post of mine you quote -- it's gotten longer and longer with my ETAs, lol.

One piece I was missing -- didn't realize BSL had been questioned 4 years ago -- so yeah, that would explain (maybe) that her (presumed) date of death may have been around for a while, if anybody who saw something incriminating also talked before or around that time.

Laffy had left, I think, when I asked whether BSL was in the car -- but I'm now thinking, like you, maybe he was not (edited my question post about that, too, since I didn't want anybody thinking it was a given that he was in the car).

Lots to ponder, huh?

And now I'm really going to bed!

Here's what we know.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/19060347/lavergne-indicted-in-shunicks-murder

We also know LP's body was found under three large boards behind a residence off of Brigman Hwy by the owners.
http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...page=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

Some sources say the property was owned by BSL or his family. That parts not verified, but it appears to be true.

Laffy and the other locals have said a traffic accident took place around the time of LP's disappearance. One person was killed, and another serously injured. The injured party was BSL's friend. LP was not in the car, and I understood LT to say BSL wasn't either. I have to read back because I might've misunderstood that part. LT also said BSL was questioned four years ago about LP's death, but was not charged. At any rate, the implication is that the accident is in some way related to LP's death, and that family members and/or a passenger in the car has/have come forward with information that led to BSL's indictment in LP's death.

Earlier some were wondering how LP's date of death could be narrowed down to "on or about July 3, 1999", as stated in the indictment. So I speculated that perhaps the accident took place on or about that day, and that the driver might have seen something so shocking that it impaired his/her ability to drive, resulting in an accident. Maybe the friends had driven by the property looking for BSL, and stumbled upon a crime scene. That's total speculation on my part, but, it would explain how LE came about with the estimated date of LP's death if someone involved in the accident testified that he/she witnessed LP's murder, or the aftermath of the murder, on the day of the accident. Again, the last part is just a theory and should be taken with a huge chunk of salt.

ETA: LT said BSL was not the driver. I'm still not sure whether or not he was in the car.

I am not 100% but I think he was either in the car or somehow involved in the accident. I was actually told he was the driver but now I hear that is incorrect so I am doubting all that I heard in regards to the accident.

Bessie, I think you may be onto something with your theory.

Megsy,:woohoo:
Thank you so much for the awesome timeline. At this time I can't figure out where your latest one is. I am unsure if the following items are included in your timeline. I am trying to see if you did or are addressing the questions. Maybe cause it's 3 am and my brain is too tired to think straight.

Bessie or Megsy,
I am not sure where to post these questions. I am unsure if these are on megsy. If the following needs to be posted elsewhere just let me know so I can delete and post in appropriate location.

I have questions.
Is anyone doing a timeline of BSL from 1994 til June 2012?
Possibly there are other girls that he terrorized and connections can be looked into.

BSL TIMELINE 1994 til June 2012
-- *Dates & locations of where BSL resided and with who. Properties owned by family members or relatives that BSL had access to.
-- *Date of BSL parents divorce and who & location he remained with.
-- *Dates & locations of schools, hospital, reform training, mental clinic, behavior clinics, etc.
-- *Dates & locations of military Army training & stations and dates of leave taken.
-- *Vehicles registered by BSL or he had access to drive (parents or family). How & when were vehicles disposed of (sold, traded) ?
-- *Police reports incidents, crimes or accidents BSL involved in with dates, location and what was situation.
-- *Was he allowed out of prison for visitations etc during his 8 yrs? If so, when & where?
-- *Where was he released from prison (city) and how did he arrive to his home and where?
-- *Employment companies & dates he was employed after prison release. Dates and Locations of employment, temporary assignments, training, leave dates, where he met boats, helicopter etc to go offshore.
----------
I have composed this message three times since yesterday but it seems to disappear as I am trying to post.

Thank you for the warm sleuthers here...... :tyou:
Since joining, I feel I am blessed with this place for insight and support. Thank y'all for all that's done. I appreciate it.

God bless families of Mickey, :angel: Lisa and others tormented by BSL.
:candle::candle: Bring Mickey home!!
Those are excellent points to address in a timeline, EJay. I'm not sure if Megsy is working on an earlier timeline, but if not I'll be glad to get to work on it tomorrow. Once the information is compiled we can post it in the Media and Timeline thread. Thank you. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessie
Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I think quite a few of us were confused. A camp was not mentioned in reports I've seen about Lisa Pate, but that's cool. So long as we're all on the same page. Prior to Mickey's disappearance, BSL was linked to only one murder, Lisa Pate.

Correct! :)

They haven't said camp because it is a house. But at the time no one lived there. It was their "camp"
BBM

Before LT's post I asked LT: "Was the "camp" where Lisa was found on property owned by BSL or his family? "

So I thought LT verified it was the Lavergne family camp.

I don't know how to do multiple quotes.

Look at bessie's post #1304 above -- that might help. (And imagine speeding away from such a scene...)

Thx, makes sense too... Do we know if BSL was in the car though? I might be confused, esp now that I'm seeing July 3rd and 4th coming into this as well. Thought it was end of June... I think I'm going to hold off on any theories related to this until we get some clear facts... And until I get some sleep... Hehe. Night... :bedtime:

eta... Just read the above post by bessie, which cleared up many questions... Thx!!!! So, yes, Backwoods, that definitely makes a lot of sense...

A grand jury has indicted Brandon Scott Lavergne for the first degree murder and he's been indicted for first degree murder of Lisa Pate who was found dead in 1999. Jurors found enough evidence to indict him on the charges. 15th Judicial District Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes presented the state's evidence against Lavergne, who was arrested on July 5. KATC's Jim Hummel will be live at the Lafayette Parish Courthouse at 6:00, and KATC'S Maddie Garrett will be live with Mickey's family at the Mickey Shunick Headquarters.

I'm miles behind because of time difference. Oh my :what: I actually feel a bit sick. My prayers are with both the families and friends. I didn't think it would have been the first time but its still shocking to see it as fact.

Can't imagine how the Shunicks are feeling. Having that glimmer of hope taken away from them.

I am not 100% but I think he was either in the car or somehow involved in the accident. I was actually told he was the driver but now I hear that is incorrect so I am doubting all that I heard in regards to the accident.

Bessie, I think you may be onto something with your theory.

Sounds to me like he very well COULD have been the driver! AND uninjured! (fled the scene--- just so happened to be at his house!!! )
Dead men can't speak and if I was the girl I wouldn't either!!!!

moo

BSL was not driving? Sure "sounds" to me like BSL may have been the "cause" ...he had at least two people that he threatened ??? Was he in the car and uninjured?? perhaps...If this is true he should be charged with another murder... in the death of his friend!

Was this a single car accident?

My &#9829; goes out to the girl left threatened by him!

LP had a BABY that was a few weeks old!!! How in the world did she get mixed up with a guy 15 years younger than her????

The baby girl was adopted and the other two boys are 16 and 22 now.

This story could get interesting!!!

MAYBE the family did know "stuff"!
What happens if you know BSL and you know "stuff"???
He threatens to burn your house down!

How many arsons will he be connected to I WONDER!!!

Anyone that he knew... friends/family that died... I hope a proper autopsy was performed!!!
I am certain now that he is involved in the disappearance/murder of more.

If the family/friends did know anything can't say I blame them for staying mum!:banghead:

all MOO!

Why was the baby given up for adoption? yet the family keep the 2 boys.

Who was the father of this baby?

When the information about Lisa Pate was posted a few days ago, the only place I could think of to find a possible obituary on Lisa was Ancestry.com. That was all I found on her except for the Social Security death record that states September 1999 as her date of death, the month she was found.
According to the Pate family tree, her parents and her older siblings were born in Texas. The family moved to New Iberia and Lisa was born there. Her father died the year after she was born in Alaska.

Those dates sure sort of fit with what we're speculating: September 1999 -- when her body was found and so it would have thus been confirmed that she was dead and not just missing -- would have been used (death certificate, to claim any benefits, etc.), probably, at first and then, later, family/LE may have learned during the investigation 4 years ago that "somebody saw something" in July 3/4 1999 and that allowed them to zero in closer to her date of death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessie
Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I think quite a few of us were confused. A camp was not mentioned in reports I've seen about Lisa Pate, but that's cool. So long as we're all on the same page. Prior to Mickey's disappearance, BSL was linked to only one murder, Lisa Pate.

BBM

Before LT's post I asked LT: "Was the "camp" where Lisa was found on property owned by BSL or his family? "

So I thought LT verified it was the Lavergne family camp.

I don't know how to do multiple quotes.
It's okay. I think we were cross posting. BTW, see the quotation mark near the thanks button? Click on the it in the posts you want to quote. When you're done, click "post reply" and when the edit box opens, the quoted posts will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub