LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a post I just saw on Busted In Acadiana, tomorrow a lot of
information will be released once a few things are confirmed. At least BIA is planning to release them.

It was in response to a post by someone that said they believe Brandon has more victims.

And BIA's response was "YOU are VERY LIKELY right! We've got information we'll be sharing tomorrow once we check a few things! :)"

In addition, the owner of the site also said....

"Oh the STORY is about to get BIG BIG! VERY BIG! :)"

I'm ANXIOUS

The accident took place around the same area her remains were found. The same night LP went missing!!!

And BSL was the driver of the vehicle involved in the accident?

This guys seems to draw attention to himself soon after each crime, and finally the dots are being connected.

But would that be first-degree murder?

Maybe if she was alive after the accident and he concealed her while she was still alive and let her die..? Or if she was a pedestrian or something similar and he purposely hit her? (For clarity: This is in regard to the hypothetical accident scenario someone posted above regarding Lisa Pate.)

Otherwise, I'd think not.

ETA: But now I read that he was NOT the driver of the vehicle in the accident

So, JMO, BSL gets in an accident injures his friend and kills Lisa. Then hides Lisa's body near the scene of the accident which is his family camp.

BSL's friend was driving with others (not LP) in the car. They get into an accident one (friend) dies in the car accident.

"Somewhere" in the midst of this BUT prior to the accident. LP becomes missing and her remains are discovered approx 3 months later in the same area that the wreck happened.

After being threatened and living in fear, the friend that survived the crash will finally be able to rest knowing justice has been served.

And BSL was the driver of the vehicle involved in the accident?

This guys seems to draw attention to himself soon after each crime, and finally the dots are being connected.

BSL was not the driver. And the cause of the accident is unknown.

According to Busted in Acadiana, "A murder suspect in custody is likely linked to two other unsolved murders".

Let's leave this as RUMOR for now.
But lately it seems RUMOR have been becoming fact very fast.

BIA said the public will know tomorrow...

With LE not having a cause of death on Lisa, how can they charge first degree murder? Did he kidnap her as well? What do they know??

It's looking like someone in the know about something may have talked.

posting for those who are just now joining
(sorry if link has already been posted)

http://www.katc.com/videos/lavergne-indictments-10pm-team-coverage/

Did anyone else notice in the report when they showed footage of where Lisa Pate's body was found, that it was near a cemetery? Wasn't there some discussion in previous links of some kind of a cemetery obsession by BSL?

**On a second viewing, maybe that is not a cemetery at all, but just junk in a field. Sorry

According to Busted in Acadiana, "A murder suspect in custody is likely linked to two other unsolved murders".

Let's leave this as RUMOR for now.
But lately it seems RUMOR have been becoming fact very fast.

BIA said the public will know tomorrow...

So many don't understand the True Cajun Net. The TCN dates back to the time the Acadians were run out of Nova Scotia. and can be VERY Accurate!:twocents:

On a serious note, Thanks again Laffy for info!

BSL's friend was driving with others (not LP) in the car. They get into an accident one (friend) dies in the car accident.

"Somewhere" in the midst of this BUT prior to the accident. LP becomes missing and her remains are discovered approx 3 months later in the same area that the wreck happened.

After being threatened and living in fear, the friend that survived the crash will finally be able to rest knowing justice has been served.

So ... maybe they were speeding away from an "incident"...

Is there a link about this accident or this just stuff known among locals?

Who is it that's saying he was abused?

What a day....
I'm not surprised. I'm relieved that the necessary evidence was there to indict BSL.
I'm no psychic and I'm no detective, but from the time he was charged with Mickey's murder, I felt sure that BSL was likely responsible for 'many' missing women.
We have to look at the half of the glass that's full and try to see the positive in this...
One extremely dangerous man is down and it appears that MS put him there. <3 Bless you Mickey <3

I think you may have misunderstood my post... I'm not surprised either that there may be many victims... I was just very surprised that the indictment came back with two counts of murder 1... I was only expecting to hear about an indictment concerning Mickey's case today. Nothing was leaked at all, or even suggested, that le was even investigating Lisa Pate's case, and so much so that they were ready to take it to the gj. Just didn't see it coming, which was the shocker for me. I definitely thought they would come back with an indictment for BSL... And I agree with you, the positive in all this is that he will now be off the streets.... Thanks to Mickey...

The accident took place around the same area her remains were found. The same night LP went missing!!!

All that's available on the other is the snippet from the google groups post. It appears to be the same article that is available for pay only.

It is Danielle T. I was referring to.

With all the new media I can't find a link to "BSL a POI in 2 murders in 1999."

I'm only getting results from today. :(

It's looking like someone in the know about something may have talked.

I bet BSL's girlfriend and family members are shocked and relieved she didn't marry this killer. Her life and her kids have been saved by MS. God bless Mickey Shunick, Lisa Pate and their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3