LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The person that Laffy Taffy mentioned speaking to LE since BSL's arrest could be how LE is able to pin point an exact date of when Lisa Pate was murdered.

I know there was confusion about this in earlier posts today.

If DNA can free someone from jail decades later then it should be able to put someone in after a decade.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/DK/20120709/NEWS01/307090004/-They-gave-him-hell-Neighbor-recalls-bullying-Lafayette-murder-suspect?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

From the article......
Church Point High School yearbooks indicate Lavergne attended the school from his freshman year, 1994-1995, through his junior year, 1996-1997, Principal Lee Ward Bellard said in an interview. Lavergne's photograph does not appear in the following yearbook, what would have been his senior year. Bellard said records indicate Lavergne did not graduate from Church Point High.

:seeya:LaffyTaffy, can you link to an MSM reference about the incident? If a missing girl was found dead there would have been a news report. Do you know what year the death occurred?

It was Oct 1999... I'll see what I can find.
Pate was found in Sept 1999...

I want to say hunter's found her in a creek bed...

I could be wrong.
moo

The woman (Lisa Pate) goes missing in June, 1999 and was found around October 1999. How long after did he get in trouble with the woman from Evangeline Parish?

Same year!

Lavergne is a registered sex offender who was released from prison in 2008 after he served eight years on an aggravated oral sexual battery conviction for tying up, blindfolding and then sexually assaulting an 18-year-old woman in Evangeline Parish in 1999.

http://www.bustedinacadiana.com/2012/07/lavergne-indicted-in-deaths-of-two-women-in-acadiana/

The woman (Lisa Pate) goes missing in June, 1999 and was found around October 1999. How long after did he get in trouble with the woman from Evangeline Parish?

if you're asking about the charge on which he was convicted, I believe she's the first known victim. He was arrested in April 1999, convicted (guilty plea) in Feb 2000.

Pate vanished in June 99 and was found in late Sept, I believe. BSL married in Sept. 99 and divorced the following year.

This was in the link from my previous post.

It's unclear what Lavergne did after leaving Church Point High. By April 1999, he had earned his GED and was serving in the Army at Fort Polk.

While at Fort Polk, he was arrested by the Evangeline Parish Sheriff's Office and charged with one count each of oral sexual battery and aggravated burglary.

In Lisa's case, they said they called it a homicide due to the fact that the body was found underneath some boards in a building. But apparently they could not determine cause of death, it was more the circumstances of where the body was found that deemed it a homicide.

In Lisa's case, they said they called it a homicide due to the fact that the body was found underneath some boards in a building. But apparently they could not determine cause of death, it was more the circumstances of where the body was found that deemed it a homicide.

So, JMO, BSL gets in an accident injures his friend and kills Lisa. Then hides Lisa's body near the scene of the accident which is his family camp.

:cheers::cheers:
The person that Laffy Taffy mentioned speaking to LE since BSL's arrest could be how LE is able to pin point an exact date of when Lisa Pate was murdered.

I know there was confusion about this in earlier posts today.

:)

Wish I could post more but unfortunately I can't.

So, JMO, BSL gets in an accident injures his friend and kills Lisa. Then hides Lisa's body near the scene of the accident which is his family camp.

But would that be first-degree murder?

It was Oct 1999... I'll see what I can find.
Pate was found in Sept 1999...

I want to say hunter's found her in a creek bed...

I could be wrong.
moo

All that's available on the other is the snippet from the google groups post. It appears to be the same article that is available for pay only.
That same month, in Oct. 1999, a hunter in St. Martin Parish found the
badly decomposed body of 24-year-old Danielle Thibodeaux of Breaux
Bridge.

"They still have not been able to determine the cause of death," said
Capt. Audrey Thibodeuax of the St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Office.

I don't feel Brandon is a victim at all, despite his abuse when he was younger.

I do however, feel his family are victims. I think they tried being there for him as much as they possibly could. They might have seen him as "messed up" from these actions, but not enough to actually murder someone.

However, if anyone, friends, family, significant others, knew something or had a suspicion, I do not have compassion for that person.

But thinking someone is nuts versus actually having knowledge and reasonable suspicion that someone committed murder is pretty different in my opinion.

I still wonder how no one after all this time, came across his stash of women's IDs.

Like you I do believe there are family members trying to comes to terms with much that is being disclosed and are probably beating themselves up over what so far has come to light, and more that I suspect will be disclosed as this is far from over.

The one I am most concerned about throughout this mess is his daughter. This is not a legacy that I would wish upon any child.

With LE not having a cause of death on Lisa, how can they charge first degree murder? Did he kidnap her as well? What do they know??

Such sad times for all Involved.......He has destroyed 7 families .....so far...

He was also accused of another rape when he was in the Army but never charged.

"At the time, Lavergne was in the U.S. Army, stationed at Fort Polk. Vernon Parish sources who requested anonymity say records indicate he was also accused of, but not arrested or charged with, rape during his time there."

http://www.kaplantoday.com/view/ful...eath-of-a-young-woman?instance=home_news_lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member