LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LaffyTaffy, can you link to an MSM reference about the incident?

I wonder what the girls name was.
Any graduates of Church point high who graduated with Brandon, feel free to say if you remember anyone who was found deceased during that period.

He would have been in high school approx 1992-1996?

He sure has an itching for burning things, doesn't he?
The fact that burning even came up in that scenario would point to Brandon, since it seems he always has something dealing with burnt objects.

I wonder what the girls name was.
Any graduates of Church point high who graduated with Brandon, feel free to say if you remember anyone who was found deceased during that period.

Your quote was actually Laffy Taffy's comment.
I hope LT can answer that question about the deceased girl. She said she went to school with him, but I think she said he did not graduate from CPHS but earned his GED.

Prayers for Mickey :angel: and others terrorized by BSL :angel2:
God bless them all.
Lighting candles for all involved.

My post July 6th. This is the remains I was speaking of ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulmagent
Wonder if this would be his first murder and abduction...
Anyone know how far his home is from the place Mickey was last seen?
His credit card receipts should be interesting and hopefuly helpful in locating Mickey.

He was indicted 2/18/00 for 1st sexual assault.
He was questioned 4 years ago in regards to remains that we're found in Acadia Parish - no conviction.

House burned down a year or so ago, don't remember the cause of fire

He never smiled always had the same exact look on his face.... Mad!

I hope LT can answer that question about the deceased girl. She said she went to school with him, but I think she said he did not graduate from CPHS but earned his GED.

Correct, he did not graduate from CPHS

But remember it had been said he didn't graduate but got a GED later if I'm remembering correctly

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

If BL had property of Lisa's where did he hide it for the whole 10 years he was gone? I thought there was a fire at that property.

If, as is suspected, he burned it, BSL could have removed his trophies beforehand and put them in a safe place.

Yes. He did not graduate from Church Point where he started high school.

Wonder where he earned his GED?
Also, where did he go when he left school????

Laffy Taffy,
what is the other case that he was a person of interest in?

The girl from the school/buried remains at camp/car wreck, that is all on case, right?

Laffy Taffy,
what is the other case that he was a person of interest in?

The girl from the school/buried remains at camp/car wreck, that is all on case, right?

Is it the same case as Lisa Pate or different?

I think it will come to the surface soon enough. I wonder if they found more information pertaining to those cases upon the recent search of his house.

Like other users said, I think they had their eyes on Brandon for a long time in this case. But I think they thought following him might lead them to her, and it hasn't, so they quickly moved in before he had a chance to possibly flee when he realized they might be onto him.

Someone posted a speculation to BSL bring involved in the 2 missing girls murder. However, that is not correct. The guy that killed the two people is in prison and has been convicted.

This murder is the one that I was speaking of. Her remains were found under some wood behind a "camp"
BSL was a poi and questioned but didn't have enough evidence to make an arrest. The case had gone cold until now. Someone that knew about the murder started talking to police after learning of his arrest for MS.

Wow!!! Just got home... Well done investigators and gj!!! I'm just now reading about the indictments... Picking my jaw up off the floor right now... 2 counts, didn't see that one coming! And a couple of weeks ago many thought le/investigators were just eating donuts and putting their files in with the cold cases. This is one of those occasions it feels good to be wrong! We just got in, so I'm only on page 31... I'll be back later after I catch up. I have about 1,000 questions right now that will hopefully get answered as I read. I sooo hope the Shunick's are doing ok this evening, as well as his other victims family (Lisa)!!! Hopefully, Lisa's family is relieved now that their girl is finally getting some justice after all these years... And as far as BSL goes, I think he will be a convicted serial killer when all is said and done, and I hope he rots in h_ll... How many more are there??? Obviously mixed emotions right now...
All jmo

And well done Mickey!!!!!!!

Someone posted a speculation to BSL bring involved in the 2 missing girls murder. However, that is not correct. The guy that killed the two people is in prison and has been convicted.

This murder is the one that I was speaking of. Her remains were found under some wood behind a "camp"
BSL was a poi and questioned but didn't have enough evidence to make an arrest. The case had gone cold until now. Someone that knew about the murder started talking to police after learning of his arrest for MS.

Thank You so much for clearing that up for us. The thanks button wasn't enough!

:seeya:LaffyTaffy, can you link to an MSM reference about the incident? If a missing girl was found dead there would have been a news report. Do you know what year the death occurred?

Same here. Does anyone know much about that case? I wonder why they couldn't seem to pin it on him the first time when he was a POI? They must have found her ID or belongings or something inside of his house when they got a warrant for Mickey. I wonder if there were more then 2 IDs found and if they are waiting to indict/still gathering evidence for other crimes.

BSL's house burnt down last year, right? So if he had Lisa's ID or anything else connecting him to the murder then he must have stored them elsewhere or they would have been lost in the fire.

I wonder how the car accident could be related to her disappearance...weird

Abd I wonder who knew, who talked? The friend?

Thanks for that.
So to your knowledge, he has not been a POI in any other case?

I wonder what other states he "worked off shore" at.

Something I find weird about the Texas body thing just posted....
They aren't even saying whether it was male or female.
It seems like they are keeping very quiet about it. Maybe if it pertains to a very open and public case, like this.

But if Brandon killed Mickey and dumped her the time that he burnt his truck, wouldn't the remains be almost bones now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck