LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted a speculation to BSL bring involved in the 2 missing girls murder. However, that is not correct. The guy that killed the two people is in prison and has been convicted.

This murder is the one that I was speaking of. Her remains were found under some wood behind a "camp"
BSL was a poi and questioned but didn't have enough evidence to make an arrest. The case had gone cold until now. Someone that knew about the murder started talking to police after learning of his arrest for MS.

So it is or isn't lisa pate you are speaking of?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Wow!!! Just got home... Well done investigators and gj!!! I'm just now reading about the indictments... Picking my jaw up off the floor right now... 2 counts, didn't see that one coming! And a couple of weeks ago many thought le/investigators were just eating donuts and putting their files in with the cold cases. This is one of those occasions it feels good to be wrong! We just got in, so I'm only on page 31... I'll be back later after I catch up. I have about 1,000 questions right now that will hopefully get answered as I read. I sooo hope the Shunick's are doing ok this evening, as well as his other victims family (Lisa)!!! Hopefully, Lisa's family is relieved now that their girl is finally getting some justice after all these years... And as far as BSL goes, I think he will be a convicted serial killer when all is said and done, and I hope he rots in h_ll... How many more are there??? Obviously mixed emotions right now...
All jmo

And well done Mickey!!!!!!!
What a day....
I'm not surprised. I'm relieved that the necessary evidence was there to indict BSL.
I'm no psychic and I'm no detective, but from the time he was charged with Mickey's murder, I felt sure that BSL was likely responsible for 'many' missing women.
We have to look at the half of the glass that's full and try to see the positive in this...
One extremely dangerous man is down and it appears that MS put him there. <3 Bless you Mickey <3

:seeya:LaffyTaffy, can you link to an MSM reference about the incident? If a missing girl was found dead there would have been a news report. Do you know what year the death occurred?

It's Lisa Pate

Something I find weird about the Texas body thing just posted....
They aren't even saying whether it was male or female.
It seems like they are keeping very quiet about it. Maybe if it pertains to a very open and public case, like this.

But if Brandon killed Mickey and dumped her the time that he burnt his truck, wouldn't the remains be almost bones now?

Probably. It was found in the woods. Lots of hungry animals.

What are bsl parents name who he lived with before the fire in Lawtell.

:seeya:LaffyTaffy, can you link to an MSM reference about the incident? If a missing girl was found dead there would have been a news report. Do you know what year the death occurred?

Are you referring to Ms. Pate?

Her death dates back more than 13 years ago. She was last seen in Lafayette in June of 1999. According to Wednesday's indictment, Pate is believed to have been killed on or around July 3, 1999. Her remains were found in Church Point, LA, in late September of that year.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/19060347/lavergne-indicted-in-shunicks-murder

So it is or isn't lisa pate you are speaking of?

I'm thinking he is saying it IS Lisa Pate.

But if it was a high school classmate, how could that have been Lisa since she was 34 or something around that?

What a day....
I'm not surprised. I'm relieved that the necessary evidence was there to indict BSL.
I'm no psychic and I'm no detective, but from the time he was charged with Mickey's murder, I felt sure that BSL was likely responsible for 'many' missing women.
We have to look at the half of the glass that's full and try to see the positive in this...
One extremely dangerous man is down and it appears that MS put him there. <3 Bless you Mickey <3

This is the best post I have read on this forum in about 3 weeks.

Laffy Taffy, sorry for all of the questions but I'm confused.

Wasn't the murder victim of his a classmate of his in school, or was only the one injured in the accident with him a class mate? Because Lisa was in her 30s.

And he was questioned 4 years ago for a murder you said, but they were just now questioning him for a 1999 murder?

Im sorry to be confusing, just very confused myself

The accident took place around the same area her remains were found. The same night LP went missing!!!

Lisa's remains were only bones when found, so not sure they could get his DNA from her.

Also, since he was in prison for a sex crime and is an RSO, I would think his DNA would be on file. But my feeling is that they found something of Lisa's in his home. JMO

There have been many advances in technology and the ability to detect forensics and this field continues to explode with respect to the techniques used to not only analyze what is collected but with respect to the collection methods.

Forensics such as DNA can come from other items such as clothing, tape, rope et al which although degraded as time passes does not necessarily mean it is not there.

Techniques used in the 90's cannot be compared to the techiniques used today both in collection and analysis. It would not surprise me to find that whatever had been previously collected was sent to labs that utilize these more advanced techniques to be retested.

I as well do not believe that it was simply ID's that were found. It is very possible that pictures were indeed found. There are many possibilities here.

It's Lisa Pate

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I think quite a few of us were confused. A camp was not mentioned in reports I've seen about Lisa Pate, but that's cool. So long as we're all on the same page. Prior to Mickey's disappearance, BSL was linked to only one murder, Lisa Pate.

I wonder how the car accident could be related to her disappearance...weird

Abd I wonder who knew, who talked? The friend?

Laffy Taffy, sorry for all of the questions but I'm confused.

Wasn't the murder victim of his a classmate of his in school, or was only the one injured in the accident with him a class mate? Because Lisa was in her 30s.

And he was questioned 4 years ago for a murder you said, but they were just now questioning him for a 1999 murder?

Im sorry to be confusing, just very confused myself

He was questioned previously about this murder (LP)
The murder victim (LP) was not a classmate.
The injured in accident was a classmate & friend. (can't name)

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I think quite a few of us were confused. A camp was not mentioned in reports I've seen about Lisa Pate, but that's cool. So long as we're all on the same page. Prior to Mickey's disappearance, BSL was linked to only one murder, Lisa Pate.

Correct! :)

They haven't said camp because it is a house. But at the time no one lived there. It was their "camp"

The woman (Lisa Pate) goes missing in June, 1999 and was found around October 1999. How long after did he get in trouble with the woman from Evangeline Parish?

What murder was BL questioned about four years ago? He would have just gotten out of prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck