LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a regular women's handbag, or is it a police issue "detective's manpurse?"

It's probably a toolkit for evidence collection. They were collecting and preserving evidence for processing in there, so it makes sense to have vials, small baggies, tape, calipers, small flashlights and other micro-evidence collection tools at your fingertips. Judging from where the bag is sitting, that guy is right-handed.

Now, if it was a "manbag", it would look better in green plaid, I think :floorlaugh:

He's got a host of other offenses and associated charges with which he could possibly have to contend:

-insurance fraud
-arson (possibly multiple counts)
-illegal burning in a National Forest
-RSO license violation (both for altering and for not reporting his new vehicle)
-New Iberia haircut
-littering/messing with Texas
-etc.

Yep, they should transfer him to a Texas prison for a half hour for messing with Texas. We'll take care of the death penalty for Louisiana.

That's why I asked Foxfire, after the initial post about SKs/meth, whether he/she saw this as a "new breed" of serial killer -- people who wouldn't have been SKs if not for the meth use.

Although family history is very important as to a person's risk of becoming addicted to drugs or alcohol. The following is the personality trait that determines the drug of choice, imo:

Impulsiviness, gregarious, rebellious = alcohol

Impulsiviness, gregarious, rebellious, 'low self esteem' = drugs

Why do you think meth has increased the number of SKs?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

danzn16, for several reasons, "There's a phrase you hear in addiction circles about meth; Meth makes a good guy go bad. And a bad guy badder." In most serial killers of late that I have researched. There seems to be a common denominator of methamphetamine either directly or indirectly.

One side effect of meth is an increased labido..
The meth epidemic seems to be creating psychopathic personalities in otherwise normal people.

Imo, the meth cartels are controlled by ruthless gangs and attract many
unsavory characters across the US. Many have sociopathic/psychopathic presonalities, imo.

example from 1980s-
Speed Freak Killer tip-offs lead police to human bones at California ...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/13/speed-freak-killer-bones-california
Feb 13, 2012 – He and a childhood friend Loren Herzog became known as the Speed Freak Killers for a methamphetamine-fueled killing spree that claimed as ...

They should execute him, bring him back to life, and execute him again. And really the only easy and inexpensive way to accomplish this is strangulation.

Gotta disagree.

I don't think it was smart as he reported the original truck missing, then filed a claim on the original truck. You can't hide an insurance claim and a new truck purchase, especially if they identified the burnt-out truck in TX as his.

I'm surprised insurance fraud isn't one of the charges, but it's not like it matters.

Smart in his mind I'm thinking

I don't think he is dumb or a genius. He is likely of average intelligence. He made the mistake this time of killing someone who would 1) be missed right away and 2) fight back.

They should execute him, bring him back to life, and execute him again. And really the only easy and inexpensive way to accomplish this is strangulation.

Firing squad and hanging comes to mind.

Strangulation is too kind.

Here is the best song I ever heard about a killer. It was actually written about the Muslim fanatic who shot the Pope, but it applies perfectly in this case.

Click the YouTube link to listen, because the music makes the words more powerful:

Kinks - Killers Eyes - Patrick Bateman (American Psycho) - YouTube

The Kinks
"Killer's Eyes"
written by Ray Davies - 1981

I see so little hope in you,
So much despair,
As I look in your eyes I wonder,
What thoughts linger there.
Life means nothing to you,
At least that's what they say,
But it doesn't mean that you have the right to take life away.
<modsnip>

"John Gardner; Killer's Eyes"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzbX08KilWo"]John Gardner Shows His True Face - YouTube[/ame]

During his sentencing of the murders of Chelsea King and Amber Dubois, John Gardener faced a victim of his that got away by fighting back. At the end of her statement Gardner showed the face he has hidden from us since he was arrested. This is what those young girls saw last before they died.

Firing squad and hanging comes to mind.

Strangulation is too kind.

I'm really of the opinion that dude needs to be thrown into GP at Angola.

Spending the rest of his life in those conditions will be much more harsh, IMO. There isn't enough soap-on-a-rope to save his backside.

He's got a host of other offenses and associated charges with which he could possibly have to contend:

-insurance fraud
-arson (possibly multiple counts)
-illegal burning in a National Forest
-RSO license violation (both for altering and for not reporting his new vehicle)
-New Iberia haircut
-littering/messing with Texas
-etc.

HAH! That gave me a chuckle.

Radaris shows Brandon to also have addresses in Pine Prairie, Abita Springs and Oakdale, LA. He has really moved around. All could be potential search areas.

I don't think he is dumb or a genius. He is likely of average intelligence. He made the mistake this time of killing someone who would 1) be missed right away and 2) fight back.

I agree nutkin...
How many of us have been following missing/murdered persons investigations for years or decades? I believe that I can speak for us all when I say:

How many of us could have predicted the phenomenal amount of LE resources that were going to be utilized in the Mickey Schunick abduction investigation on or prior to 05/19/2012?

How many of us could have predicted the tremendous awareness, generated by MSM; local & national, social media, community outpouring of love& support for Mickey Schunick?

How many of us could have predicted that Texas equusearch and other professional search organizations would be invited in for the search for Mickey Schunick.

How many of us could have predicted that Mickey Schunick would courageously fight Brandon Scott Lavergne, sacrificing her life so that other future victims may live?

Guess, Mickey Schunick gives new meaning to the phrase; "Bike Trail Angel"...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deuKdsxdLM4"]"Calling All Angels" to Find Mickey Shunick Now - YouTube[/ame]

The minds of these types work differently then ours - they'er twisted, deranged, sick, perverted, selfish, uncaring, unloving, incapable of appreciating beauty, and on-and-on.. IMO..

That is exactly it. You cannot predict who will and who will not receive national TV exposure when they go missing. You can guess that a prostitute, drug addict, homeless person, or habitual runaway probably wouldn't, but everyone else is purely a guess.

That is exactly it. You cannot predict who will and who will not receive national TV exposure when they go missing. You can guess that a prostitute, drug addict, homeless person, or habitual runaway probably wouldn't, but everyone else is purely a guess.

Going a bit OT, but cases like CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 08 July 2011
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144226"]CO CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 08 July 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
with so little attention are a surprise to me...

She's blonde, single, attractive, clean, educated... and puff she goes missing.

Maybe if she was younger? Maybe she was too alone in the community?

BSL said "they did it to me again"

If I could ask BSL one question today, I would ask who are "they"? Because, I would really like to know who "they" are. He was referring to someone. Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member