LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a thought regarding the photos. Have I missed it or does anyone know if the photos were taken with his phone? I'm hoping they were. LE could figure out exactly when they were taken. Also, if they could pin down the time, can't they also pin down the location based on pings? So if his phone pinged in Church Point, it would just go to show his story of assault is just bogus. Sorry if already discussed and I missed it.

BSL said "they did it to me again"

If I could ask BSL one question today, I would ask who are "they"? Because, I would really like to know who "they" are. He was referring to someone. Who?

Logic tells me LE.

He's said he was wrongfully jailed last time, it was all consensual. He even, from what I've read, convinced other women of it too.

This is STRICTLY MY OPINION AND NOTHING MORE. I have no idea why, but I seriously believe that he probably does have pictures of his victims somewhere. Whether or not police have found any, I have no idea. But with the bloodied pictures of him that were alledgedly found, I have to wonder. Assuming he took those pictures of what many of us think she did to him, does it seem unlikely that he also would have taken pics of what he did to her?? Again, this is just my opinion, but it is a feeling that wont go away.

I think there are pics. If he took them of himself, I am sure he took others.

I have read caneing (sp?) is rather horrific.

I think there are pics. If he took them of himself, I am sure he took others.

SteveP and De2385:

Do you think this is part of women's ID's found that were not necessarily driver's licenses?

As an example, Dennis Rader (BTK) took numerous pictures of himself and the victims.

He's got a host of other offenses and associated charges with which he could possibly have to contend:

-insurance fraud
-arson (possibly multiple counts)
-illegal burning in a National Forest
-RSO license violation (both for altering and for not reporting his new vehicle)
-New Iberia haircut
-littering/messing with Texas
-etc.

Oh my! This made me giggle...but wasn't it....a Crowley haircut? :floorlaugh:

Don't know if this has been posted yet. They don't think BSL is involved with Danielle Thibodeaux's murder.

snipped and BBM:
In October 1999, just after Pate's remains were discovered, the body of another young woman, 24-year-old Danielle Thibodeaux of Breaux Bridge, was found in rural St. Martin Parish. The case has never been solved.

Maj. Ginny Higgins, spokeswoman for the St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Office, said detectives there do not believe Lavergne is tied to Thibodeaux's death.

"They are not looking at that particular case as being associated with him," Higgins said, adding that investigators have not revealed why Lavergne is not considered a suspect. "It's one they are still trying to work on, but they are not looking at him (Lavergne) at this point."

more:
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...opnews|text|FRONTPAGE&gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

'Seems, the current Sheriff's name is an ironic connection in itself'..(Ivy Woods)
"Out of town and unavailable"?
Current Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff 'Ivy Woods' was out of town and unavailable for comment Thursday.

* More Irony:
http://www.kplctv.com/story/15787121/ivy-woods-voted-new-jeff-davis-parish-sheriff

Jeff Davis Parish will have a new sheriff for the first time in 20 years. Voters overwhelmingly elected Ivy Woods with more than 70% of the vote. Woods told 7 News he was excited about the outcome.

* "We are very elated. Very excited! 'Ready to go to work'! It's just unbelievable," said Woods.

Woods was vying for the position in a field of four other candidates after long-time Sheriff Ricky Edwards decided not to run for a sixth term. Edwards has served as sheriff for 20 years. His time in office has been overshadowed by the still unsolved mystery deaths of eight Jeff Davis women and that case was a big issue in this election.

Going a bit OT, but cases like CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 08 July 2011
CO CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 08 July 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
with so little attention are a surprise to me...

She's blonde, single, attractive, clean, educated... and puff she goes missing.

Maybe if she was younger? Maybe she was too alone in the community?

The family/friends really have to push for it, I think, and there also has to be some sort of angle the media can use that will draw people in and get them to relate to the person in some way.

BSL said "they did it to me again"

If I could ask BSL one question today, I would ask who are "they"? Because, I would really like to know who "they" are. He was referring to someone. Who?

'Miabella, seems obvious that BSL was referring to law enforcement; the Justice System'..

This is a topic that REALLY bothers me. Even the worst drug addict has value as a human being and the world loses when anyone's life is snuffed out in such a violent way. Everyone has someone who loves them, even if they don't realize it.

Sadly enough, I think what is really needed is a 24-hour channel devoted to missing people. That way, maybe most can have their stories told.

This is a topic that REALLY bothers me. Even the worst drug addict has value as a human being and the world loses when anyone's life is snuffed out in such a violent way. Everyone has someone who loves them, even if they don't realize it.

Sadly enough, I think what is really needed is a 24-hour channel devoted to missing people. That way, maybe most can have their stories told.

I think that it would be mostly watched by people like us, who already are interested and on top of the situation. I don't think the general population is all that interested, unless it affects them personally. JMO

Hello, I am new to WS. I have been following the Threads since BSL’s arrest. I have been so caught up in all the drama of the arrest that I feel I have started to lose focus in the ‘search for MS’. I haven’t heard anything more about the TES search parties and I was wondering if they are still searching the areas closer to his home? I live in Breaux Bridge and drive to work via Mills Highway instead of the I-10 and pass the turn off towards Lake Martin every day. I work in Downtown Lafayette and it literally takes me about 15 minutes to get to work. I know there were search parties at Lake Martin in the beginning but not sure if they were more water related searches than ground searches? I guess we will never know what happened exactly on the night MS went missing but I get the feeling that because things did not turn out the way he expected, he might have had to act quickly to hide MS. Perhaps he headed towards Lake Martin area? It is heavily overgrown so the poison ivy could have come from this area. From there he could have gone on to WB to dispose of the bike. Another thought that has been rattling around my head is the fact that he could have lain low at a truck stop for the remainder of the day. This would give him an opportunity to rest and prepare his story/alibi. The last thing he needed was for someone to see him with injuries before his alleged ‘mugging’ so it makes sense, to me, for him to hole up at a truck stop along the way until it got dark. Truckers are moving in and out 24/7 or taking rests so it is not uncommon to see trucks parked at these places all day. It is so frustrating not knowing where MS is but at least we know where BSL is! I have attached a link showing the route from St. Landry Street, Lafayette towards Lake Martin. Could it be that he hid her somewhere along the road towards Lake Martin or in the wooded areas at Lake Martin? These are all my own thoughts and opinions. This is my first posting so not sure if I have broken any rules. Thanks for a great website and forum. I have been so impressed with the content and excellent sleuthing from WS members!
http://goo.gl/maps/Qu0T

I think that it would be mostly watched by people like us, who already are interested and on top of the situation. I don't think the general population is all that interested, unless it affects them personally. JMO
But maybe more people would become interested...Maybe just one story might touch someone. I was never particularly interested until Mickey's story touched me.

I disagree. There are many times when there is just nothing on TV and maybe someone flipping through the channels lands on a story that they listen to.

My mother, for one, is very interested in this type of thing, but only gets her information from TV.

I think it'd be a whole more successful and important than say, the Oprah Winfrey Network.

There are so many people that fall through the cracks, even here.

Hello, I am new to WS. I have been following the Threads since BSL’s arrest. I have been so caught up in all the drama of the arrest that I feel I have started to lose focus in the ‘search for MS’. I haven’t heard anything more about the TES search parties and I was wondering if they are still searching the areas closer to his home? I live in Breaux Bridge and drive to work via Mills Highway instead of the I-10 and pass the turn off towards Lake Martin every day. I work in Downtown Lafayette and it literally takes me about 15 minutes to get to work. I know there were search parties at Lake Martin in the beginning but not sure if they were more water related searches than ground searches? I guess we will never know what happened exactly on the night MS went missing but I get the feeling that because things did not turn out the way he expected, he might have had to act quickly to hide MS. Perhaps he headed towards Lake Martin area? It is heavily overgrown so the poison ivy could have come from this area. From there he could have gone on to WB to dispose of the bike. Another thought that has been rattling around my head is the fact that he could have lain low at a truck stop for the remainder of the day. This would give him an opportunity to rest and prepare his story/alibi. The last thing he needed was for someone to see him with injuries before his alleged ‘mugging’ so it makes sense, to me, for him to hole up at a truck stop along the way until it got dark. Truckers are moving in and out 24/7 or taking rests so it is not uncommon to see trucks parked at these places all day. It is so frustrating not knowing where MS is but at least we know where BSL is! I have attached a link showing the route from St. Landry Street, Lafayette towards Lake Martin. Could it be that he hid her somewhere along the road towards Lake Martin or in the wooded areas at Lake Martin? These are all my own thoughts and opinions. This is my first posting so not sure if I have broken any rules. Thanks for a great website and forum. I have been so impressed with the content and excellent sleuthing from WS members!
http://goo.gl/maps/Qu0T

First of all, WELCOME to WS! Enjoy the ride! ;)

Secondly, you raise a very interesting and valid point that I'd never even thought of. There is a lot of focus on bsl, his arrest, his past, etc. but the focus on finding Mickey seems to have been lost amongst the chaos. Hoping today is the day the shunick fam gets the answers they deserve and Mickey is brought home. It's been too long.

I think part of the reason that the focus on finding MS has been lost a bit is the area of search. I think knowing who took MS has "opened up a new can of worms"; and now they literally do not know where to search. I think it is entirely possible that he took her with him, and she is not near where her bike was thrown. I think LE is trying to gather information to determine a search grid that would make sense given the perp in this case.

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member