LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is Bayou Terrebonne. But, I doubt he would have done anything near that intersection. On the corner there is State Police Troop C. However, the exits just before and just after are a different story. Do you have an address of the wood locations out there?

I just looked up the address...there is one right there at HWY311. However, Wood group uses the Houma airport to fly out of which is located farther down HWY 24 and the area is remote.

What continues to bother me is that BSL went to the St. Landry Sheriff's Office just over a week AFTER MS's disappearance and 3 days after police released pictures of the truck -- with wounds. How the h*ll did that office not even attempt to put 2 and 2 together? They knew what kind of truck he drove.

"He was in good standing with us," Lt. Megan Vizena, a spokeswoman for the St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...sey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

I agree that Lake Martin is an interesting place and should have been considered, and I hope they did. It's alot closer to downtown Lafayette than people realize especially if you take the old BB highway - which is called Carmel avenue. From downtown you could be at Lake Martin in 15-20 minutes. Another thing that is interesting is that right after she disappeared, half of the lake trails (The north side?) were shut off to the public because of the alligator mating season started, so there is a very large portion that you can't even get to right now.

Lake Martin was one of the very first areas searched by the initial search teams. TES also searched that area a few days later.

A couple notions have come to mind repeatedly over the past couple days. Tossing them out here just as food for thought.

Wondering if BSL was a "student of other SKs" - Ex. wonder if there were books found in his residence or web searches on his computer, etc. related to other known convicted SKs? Time will tell.

There has been no discussion/mention of any possible male victims. While all we know about BSL, at this time, points to his known victims (MOs) are female, it comes to mind that it is possible he had male victims also. I have no case to suggest. If he is a SK (if...if) - a few SKs had both male & female victims. I only post this notion because as we look at timelines & persons gone missing we may want to have a little red flag for males.

Prayers that MS is located ..... soon.

Yes it would be another piece to the puzzle like you state if we could find verification. What I have not seen, but have looked for, is what I call the "meth look". His complextion etc. is clear. Unless maybe he is a casual user.

...and really nice teeth. I doubt BSL did drugs of any kind.

Miabella... Just trying to find where you read this quote of BSL. If I google it, I conly find it here in websleuths. Who was he talking to?

If I remember correctly, this was told to us by "Someguy" who is a verified insider and a relative of BSL. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

i hate to ask this, but it's been 2 months - a little over 8 weeks. is it just bones at this point? i was wondering if that's part of the reason they aren't using volunteers any longer? besides not hindering evidence, the decomposition may bee too "much" for "regular" volunteers?

if there are volunteers still wanting to search, i think they should use them. there's A LOT of land to cover.

RE: there's A LOT of land to cover.

From a google search of 'Remains located by Hunters:

About 25,400,000 results (0.30 seconds)

'Hunters locate many remains of missing/murdered persons, but other outdoor persons also stumble upon them frequently: fishermen, mountain bicyclists, atv riders, hikers, joggers, dog walkers, etc'..

This is why it is imperative that a timeline of BSL's travels and other info be released to the MS Media by investigators. There is entirely too much geographical area for TES & LE to search without the general public's help..

Someone witnessed him in the area where Mickey Schunick's remains were placed, imo.

"Mickey Schunick, must be located. It is past time to bury the antiquated strategy of silence and bring in the big guns in her search; investigators most valuable weapon; the Americam Public"..

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetra...andon-...
Investigators look to more cold cases for possible connection to Brandon Lavergne
What’s certain is that the strong attention brought by the Mickey Shunick case is what lead investigators to examine Lavergne as a possible suspect in the first place.

*“The one good thing that came out of this is that the media did a good job of keeping this guy looking over his should and keeping him at bay,” LPD Cpt. Judice concluded.“It’s not all law enforcement, it’s a community effort, especially in this case.
When this case goes to trial, I think there will be many things that come to light that the community will be proud of because they had a part in uncovering that information. The community really stepped up to the plate.”

It's a shame people have to risk their lives, threat of tick-born disease, snake bites, etc., etc., to find a body once the who did it has been caught and isn't speaking. There has to be creative ways to get a person to talk without resorting to brutality.

...and really nice teeth. I doubt BSL did drugs of any kind.

MamaRoux, yes that is a good observation. It was stated in an earlier post that BSL detested drinking. Yet, later stated that he invited a prospective roomate to have a couple drinks to discuss their arrangement when returning from the oil rig..

So HWY 24 only had a GAS STATION near it. BSL see's exit 24 and notices a gas station and incorporates this into his story. Look into it.

yes that's all i could see right off the interstate. BUT, this would have been out of his way. it's past NOLA. he could have gone to Mississippi first then back to NOLA for the hospital, but i doubt it. it seems more like she's in LA. i was speculating since i saw exit 24.

this is it
http://goo.gl/maps/DC7w

like everywhere else around here, LOTS of places there to hide a body :(

A couple notions have come to mind repeatedly over the past couple days. Tossing them out here just as food for thought.

Wondering if BSL was a "student of other SKs" - Ex. wonder if there were books found in his residence or web searches on his computer, etc. related to other known convicted SKs? Time will tell.

There has been no discussion/mention of any possible male victims. While all we know about BSL, at this time, points to his known victims (MOs) are female, it comes to mind that it is possible he had male victims also. I have no case to suggest. If he is a SK (if...if) - a few SKs had both male & female victims. I only post this notion because as we look at timelines & persons gone missing we may want to have a little red flag for males.

Prayers that MS is located ..... soon.

'Very good out of the box questions, Justy Thoughts'..
As we all know there is precedent for this. If a person wants to excel at any profession or craft, it would be reasonable to conclude that they would seek information pertaining to this trade.. Whether it be James Patterson; fictional, or Ann Rule; true crime, much info could be dwelved from these books as well as TV shows such as CSI, criminal minds, discovery ID, etc.

The occasional male victim would also be a possibility due to his prison stint and obvious negative feeling toward "authority figures", because of their abuse of power that he perceives.

It's a shame people have to risk their lives, threat of tick-born disease, snake bites, etc., etc., to find a body once the who did it has been caught and isn't speaking. There has to be creative ways to get a person to talk without resorting to brutality.

They have some methods at Gitmo, but I guess some would consider them brutal.:what:

If you can trust this PI, LE/FBI must know his movements! Let's find MS this weekend. :banghead:

I hope TES is still there...does anyone know for sure?
I want them to be searching all day, every day, even though I know it is not feasible...but especially if they DO have detailed info of his movements. Show him how smart he is-Not.

'Very good out of the box questions, Justy Thoughts'..
As we all know there is precedent for this. If a person wants to excel at any profession or craft, it would be reasonable to conclude that they would seek information pertaining to this trade.. Whether it be James Patterson; fictional, or Ann Rule; true crime, much info could be dwelved from these books as well as TV shows such as CSI, criminal minds, discovery ID, etc.

The occasional male victim would also be a possibility due to his prison stint and obvious negative feeling toward "authority figures", because of their abuse of power that he perceives.

Louisiana did have a serial killer who focused on men. He was convicted in 2008 after confessing to 28 (I think) murders. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,426984,00.html

yes that's all i could see right off the interstate. BUT, this would have been out of his way. it's past NOLA. he could have gone to Mississippi first then back to NOLA for the hospital, but i doubt it. it seems more like she's in LA. i was speculating since i saw exit 24.

this is it
http://goo.gl/maps/DC7w

like everywhere else around here, LOTS of places there to hide a body :(

Emphasis added

Realistically, IMO, he could have went any direction. From the last sighting of the DWT at approx. 2am until the next actual confirmed sighting of BSL by JPSO at 10:14pm is close to 20 hours (factoring in the amount of time it took after hospital called LE for them to get there). BSL says he talked to NOPD for 2 hours, but NOPD has no record of this.

Twenty hours is a long time. He could potentially have made it to the FL panhandle, or Mississippi, or Shreveport, or Arkansas, or Venice (where he went offshore), or Texas and back to Jefferson Parish hospital.

IMO, he learned his lesson about leaving bodies too close to home, under boards and would have done a "better" job far away from his home.

He's got a host of other offenses and associated charges with which he could possibly have to contend:

-insurance fraud
-arson (possibly multiple counts)
-illegal burning in a National Forest
-RSO license violation (both for altering and for not reporting his new vehicle)
-New Iberia haircut
-littering/messing with Texas
-etc.

"The new iberia haircut... Best hair cut in the world..."

Thanks houdat, for making me laugh amidst the sadness.

Louisiana did have a serial killer who focused on men. He was convicted in 2008 after confessing to 28 (I think) murders. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,426984,00.html

Yes, redtoedfrog, seems Louisiana has a rich history of across the board serial killers. Most serial killers stick to the same victim gender. There are exceptions such Toole & Lucas and Gary Hilton, that had preferences, but no victim profile..

If BSL, deviated from his preferred female victim, it would have been due to pent up rage from his perceived injustices..or someone that had incriminating evidence/info as to his evil deeds..imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3