LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But we know he was here in New Orleans the next afternoon. There are miles and miles of uninhabited territory in between. I hope his cell phone records hold clues about which route he drove.

Amen! I pray that LE has good information and a quick recovery will be coming!

Does anyone know if there is a grid or map of areas that have been searched and cleared? I think a visual aid of where has and hasn't been searched would be useful.

Have we ever discussed the possibility that shoe prints could be a possible way LE could say they can place BSL at Whiskey Bay?

Does anyone know if there is a grid or map of areas that have been searched and cleared? I think a visual aid of where has and hasn't been searched would be useful.

I think you might find some helpful information here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178155"]LA LA - Mickey Shunick Search *Brainstorming Thread* MAPS - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Bwaaaahhhaaaa!!!! OMG! That is the funniest YouTube video
I have ever seen.

Have we ever discussed the possibility that shoe prints could be a possible way LE could say they can place BSL at Whiskey Bay?

I mentioned it a couple of threads back. Shoe or tire prints matching up with his shoes or tires; also mud on his shoes matching perfectly the soil profile of that which is found at WB; and also possible blood on his shoes matching blood residue found at WB.

That is Bayou Terrebonne. But, I doubt he would have done anything near that intersection. On the corner there is State Police Troop C. However, the exits just before and just after are a different story. Do you have an address of the wood locations out there?

redtoedfrog, calcuating psychopathic serial killers such as Brandon Scott Lavergne, will fool investigators, because they do exactly what you think they wouldn't do..
The brazen Gaffney, SC spree/serial killer 2009, murdered a family in a furniture store next door to the police station/command center, two days into the investigation. He was simply taunting LE..

http:///2009/07/03/serial-killer-on-the-loose-in-gaffney-sc/

Just to clarify, Hwy 24 and exit 24 are two completely different places.
Hwy 24 exit is 210 or something like that. It has State Troop C, a high school, McDonalds, Best Western, etc... all around. I don't think it is likely spot, though I could be wrong. I believe the Wood Group is building a new facility further down that road or on Hwy 311, which is the next exit.

I am not familiar with Exit # 24 off of I-10 so I can't speak to that one.

yeah. she was talking about her route with hwy 24 and i commented by saying that yesterday i drove by Exit 24 while on I-10. still though, i think that LE has reasons for narrowing it down to LA. we just aren't sure of the reasons. so the LA/MS border with a forested watery area (exit 24) could be possible. but, at the moment, i'm going to put my trust in TES and LE since their search seems smaller rather than vast. let's hope they are near her

Wondering, did BSL replaced his original DWT with the same kind (DWT) and if so .... if the current DWT has OnStar (OS). Anyone know whether it is a fact or not, that his current DWT has OS?

Wondering if someone put a deceased body somewhere, would they return (or drive by close enough) just to see that things were undisturbed within a month or so - just to see.

While reading the OS website, this part (my snips and BBM) caught my eye. As well as the part about Gen

"Use as surveillance device. It is theoretically possible for OnStar to be remotely activated by malicious third parties or under government order. This would enable third parties to track the location of the car,

In 2011 OnStar did announce that it would start retaining all the information collected by the GPS and internal system, so that it could be sold to third parties.[13] Although this data is supposed to be “anonymized”, it remains unclear exactly what they mean by this as it is extremely difficult to anonymize GPS data.[14]

Just my efforts to try and think of any way LE can locate MS. They probably are already way past my idea.

I mentioned it a couple of threads back. Shoe or tire prints matching up with his shoes or tires; also mud on his shoes matching perfectly the soil profile of that which is found at WB; and also possible blood on his shoes matching blood residue found at WB.

where did you hear this? fill us in

Wondering, did BSL replaced his original DWT with the same kind (DWT) and if so .... if the current DWT has OnStar (OS). Anyone know whether it is a fact or not, that his current DWT has OS?

Wondering if someone put a deceased body somewhere, would they return (or drive by close enough) just to see that things were undisturbed within a month or so - just to see.

While reading the OS website, this part (my snips and BBM) caught my eye. As well as the part about Gen

"Use as surveillance device. It is theoretically possible for OnStar to be remotely activated by malicious third parties or under government order. This would enable third parties to track the location of the car,

In 2011 OnStar did announce that it would start retaining all the information collected by the GPS and internal system, so that it could be sold to third parties.[13] Although this data is supposed to be “anonymized”, it remains unclear exactly what they mean by this as it is extremely difficult to anonymize GPS data.[14]

Just my efforts to try and think of any way LE can locate MS. They probably are already way past my idea.

Great thinking here, IMO, about possibly tracking the new truck.

yeah. she was talking about her route with hwy 24 and i commented by saying that yesterday i drove by Exit 24 while on I-10. still though, i think that LE has reasons for narrowing it down to LA. we just aren't sure of the reasons. so the LA/MS border with a forested watery area (exit 24) could be possible. but, at the moment, i'm going to put my trust in TES and LE since their search seems smaller rather than vast. let's hope they are near her

I was actually trying to quote the person you quoted and messed up. LOL
But you are correct that stretch along I-10 to Mississippi is pretty deserted! I pray they find Mickey soon. There are so many areas to search. :(

I'm not Miabella, and I am a couple of pages behind in the thread -- but in case you haven't been answered yet: As far as I know, that statement reported from BSL (They did it to me again, or something similar) did emerge here on WS, as reported by poster Someguy, who I believe has been WS-verified as a relative of BSL.

LouisianaNYCgirl was asking ...... Could this be what y'all referring to?

This stated on 7-12-2012 / Mickey Shunick #35 post 94 by 'someguy'

"When a family member spoke to BL after the arrest, one of the things he said was, "they did it to me again" which i take as him stating that he was wrongfully accused again."

** Sorry, I don't know how to quote a closed post so I had to list where it was located. Hope this helps.

Continued prayers for Mickey :angel: to come home soon.

God bless Mickey, Lisa and other families affected by BSLs horrific spree.

Im certain Exit 24 is at my area...I know Exit 27 is Sulphur, DeQuincy and the likes.

'Very good out of the box questions, Justy Thoughts'..
As we all know there is precedent for this. If a person wants to excel at any profession or craft, it would be reasonable to conclude that they would seek information pertaining to this trade.. Whether it be James Patterson; fictional, or Ann Rule; true crime, much info could be dwelved from these books as well as TV shows such as CSI, criminal minds, discovery ID, etc.

The occasional male victim would also be a possibility due to his prison stint and obvious negative feeling toward "authority figures", because of their abuse of power that he perceives.

Makes me wonder about Shane Fell. He was/is a super handsome guy...almost pretty... And BSL seems to like pretty (Mickey, Lisa) as victims. Where he went missing wasn't too far from the Wood Group's Gretna Address. He has a thread on WS.

KATC's FB page, if anyone wants to check it out on the upcoming newscasts

They will be interviewing:

Someone who says she grew up with Brandon Scott Lavergne and was stalked and bullied by him

I have a hypothesis. In dealing with other males who have been adopted, many have spent much time contemplating about their bio mother and what she looked like, what she sounded like, what she wore, etc. I worked one case in which I found the bio mother and the man (an attorney) only wanted to know her name. So for his 56th birthday I told her his biological mother's real name. That is as far as he wanted to go, but he was so grateful. Anyway -- I say all that because I have an inkling that BSL being adopted DOES figure in to his obsession and fascination with feminine things and with holding women hostage, etc. I think it even figures in to the fact that he stopped from the taking the girl's virginity when he violated her. When I first started sleuthing this case, I really thought the fact that he was rejected by his bio mother carried little weight. However-- now when I read that he was in possession of various women's items, their IDs, etc. -- I think he was using those things as a self-medication -- something to soothe that longing for his bio mother's presence. To many this will sound crazy and bizarre -- but -- I don't think so. In the book Genome, the author says that "good" girls will choose "bad" boys to have kids with so the kids will be physically very vibrant -- high testosterone negates high estrogen. Thus good girls choose bad boys and unconsciously. I think the opposite may apply here. I have a suspicion that BSL's adoption DID play a role (about 30%) in his mental illness. I think he needed things from women, especially women he viewed as "good" to make himself feel better about his plight in life. That being said, I think the women he victimizes will not be prostitutes, etc. but rather women whom society sees as "good". Lisa Pate. Mickey Schunick. There will be other victims, but they are not going to be drug addicts or hookers. Nor will the collection of things in his home. The stuff he keeps will be from women he perceives as "good". -- Okay, out of my head -- go!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne