LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time posting so I hope I am doing this correctly...

The car accident was not July 3, 1999, it was June 19, 1999. As far as the police report shows BSL was not a passenger in that car. My brother is the one who died from this accident. I have lots of information that could possibly clear up many of your questions, but I'm not sure what I can and can't post. I must say though, to date, we have not been told the truth by either of the other occupants of the car accident. I hope soon the truth will be revealed so we can have closure as well.

Welcome! I am so pleased to see that you did indeed join and my thoughts to you and your family.

I see you have been given the link to become verified and for that I am thankful :)

:welcome:

Welcome to the community. We try to be fair here and stick to the facts - no personal attacks allowed. I hope you will find Websleuths a good resource for you and your family to follow the case. So sorry about your brother.... so much must be coming back to the surface for you.

:welcome4:

You could really help out the sleuthing in this case by helping clear up the facts of the accident. So many rumors have been reported, and we are just trying to stick to the facts here.

My question for you would be a basic one:

Do you think there was any connection between the accident and BSL? Any link between the two?

Thanks, and welcome...

CF

I believe our new member will indeed answer these questions as well as find answers they are looking for. I will leave it at that as it is their story to tell.

The car accident was not July 3, 1999, it was June 19, 1999. As far as the police report shows BSL was not a passenger in that car. My brother is the one who died from this accident. I have lots of information that could possibly clear up many of your questions, but I'm not sure what I can and can't post. I must say though, to date, we have not been told the truth by either of the other occupants of the car accident. I hope soon the truth will be revealed so we can have closure as well.

Thanks so much for joining us.

Please become verified, many will help with the process.

xo

Reliable source tells me that BSL vomited when questioned about MS. Wouldn't think this would be the response of a typical SK???

It could be. It sounds like the typical response of a killer who "fears" that he will no longer be able to soothe his taste for killing/rape. If it had been remorse, LE would have been contacted long before BSL was arrested, and most certainly, after he had been indicted on 1st degree murder charges.

Ted Bundy certainly wasn't remorseful, but did not want to have the death penalty, so he agreed to tell locations of bodies. It had nothing to do with wanting to give the family any sort of closure, or feeling bad.

I think BSL just finally knows he has run his course.
No man who murdered a woman 2 months ago that has any sort of conscious, would be able to go this long without speaking up. Vomiting might be a sign that he is unsure of how to lie his way out of this like he did in 1999. This guy has gone over a decade never speaking up about Lisa Pate.

He is sadistic.

Hello everyone! I am a first time poster although I have been reading along for a couple of weeks now. I have a question about BSL personal effects. If I have understood correctly at the time of LP's death BSL lived on base. My question is if it is true as some people speculate that he keeps momento's from his crimes where could these have been kept? Was his mothers house completely burned down? Was his trailer completely burned down? And who would have had possession of all of his belongings while he was in prison for 8 years? It seems like someone would have knowledge of what incriminating evidence he had kept if he did keep anything. This has probably been answered already but it is something that just bothers me. I just know that if a child of mine was sent to prison for such crimes I would have gone through their belongings left in my care to search for anything that would either link them or clear them of such a crime. I would just need to know the truth I suppose is what I'm saying. I just feel like someone else out there knows alot more than they are telling.

It's my opinion that he had a place to keep these items. No one else had to know anything about them. It could have been almost anywhere-a metal box buried in his parent's yard, a secret place in a barn or attic, etc. No one knew he was suspected of any murder(s) when he went to prison so there was no reason for anyone to pry into his things.

We really need to know the correct timing between LP's murder and the car wreck involving CH. I think this is vital in determining linkage between these two events. Does anyone have more info on that?

Wreck-June 19th
Lisa Pate's death- July 3rd-Why this particular date is a big question.

From what I have read online, the date of the car accident involving BSL and CH was June 19, 1999 and the date of Lisa Pate's death was July 3, 1999.

If this is so, then the accident could have been unrelated to the murder...or is the date of death wrong?

Do we have verifiable links to back up these dates? :websleuther:

The sister of the man who died says June 19th for the wreck.
LE says July 3rd for Lisa's death.

Welcome, and I'm so sorry fr your loss.

I could be completely wrong, but in my honest opinion, since so many items belonging to many women (even those that didn't know him and have never met him) were found at BSL's residence, it might be possible that he did in a round about way, stalk them to some extent.

It makes me really question if LE is so confident in BSL being responsible, because they may have found signs of him "planning" something regarding taking Mickey, like pictures of her, social networking information, things like that.

The number of items found belonging to women has not been verified. It could have been only a few things. Unless you've heard something different from LE?

I've heard different things. I've heard he was in the car driving, that he wad a passenger, that he tampered with tires or brakes, that he chased the car, that he called for a ride. I've heard just about every combination of scenerios and circumstances possible and the only people who know are God bsl and the one other person still alive that was there. And I speculate that if bsl had his way she wouldn't be!

ALL RUMOR AND SPECULATION.

bbm: except, add to all that rumor/speculation (from the source everybody was viewing last night), that it now seems that yet another person who is still alive was in the car

ETA: and to clarify, I don't mean Brandon

Jujube,
I am certain it was not a few items.

They have a literal list of items (Yes, I've heard from LE) belonging to many different women, many who have never met him in their life.
There is a list of women they are going to be contacting (if they haven't already contacted all of them already) to ensure they are safe.

Shann76, it is not just womens IDs. I'm sure they will be releasing that information soon.

:what:Wow:what:

Jujube,

They have a literal list of items (Yes, I've heard from LE) belonging to many different women, many who have never met him in their life.
There is a list of women they are going to be contacting (if they haven't already contacted all of them already) to ensure they are safe.

Shann76, it is not just womens IDs. I'm sure they will be releasing that information soon.
Wow, interesting, thanks!

Now that we have the sister of the man killed in the accident here ...after verification..we can ask her some questions to clear some things up for us?

bbm: except, add to all that rumor/speculation (from the source everybody was viewing last night), that it now seems that yet another person who is still alive was in the car

I had thought for some time now that there was a 3rd person in the car but it was finding the proof of such.

OOOPS thunderstorms need to get off..

Dyingtoknowthetruth,
I think your posts have all of us "dying to know the truth" as well.
This case just keeps getting more questionable and interesting.

From what I have read online, the date of the car accident involving BSL and CH was June 19, 1999 and the date of Lisa Pate's death was July 3, 1999.

If this is so, then the accident could have been unrelated to the murder...or is the date of death wrong?

Do we have verifiable links to back up these dates? :websleuther:

Aa I recall, from an earlier post, July 3 was her son's B'day party and she did not show up. That was the date her family reported her missing.

a little off the current topic here, but a 15 year old girl was just recently upgraded from the status of endangered runaway to a missing persons case. she went missing on April 30th. Her home is only a twenty minute drive from Church Point. She lived in the Duson community, right outside of Rayne.

http://www.katc.com/news/missing-person-15-year-old-keiosha-felix/.

edit to add, after some more googling it does appear she did make contact with her family shortly after her disappearance, but that she is still missing. now i cant find the article where i read that the case was upgraded : /

Aa I recall, from an earlier post, July 3 was her son's B'day party and she did not show up. That was the date her family reported her missing.

We need to be careful with this date.

I have never seen a solid source say that the party was on the 3rd.

The 3rd is the date that LE have pegged for the murder.

We don't know when she went missing, or was reported missing, unless we know the date of the party.

Jujube,

Thanks so much for this information! It's much appreciated.

The area has already been mentioned I know, but I've been *walking* around on google maps this morning, trying to figure out likely spots that BSL might use to hide Mickey. I feel like he would use some kind of *marker* so he would be able to revisit the body at some stage. JMO
There are so many places, but this spot referred to earlier, just north of the Whiskey Bay exit, would provide a visual *marker*. There is so much wooded area, and off-road accessibility close to the Atchafalaya where he could have easily hidden Mickey.

Take a walk and you can see what I mean. I hope LE and Tim Miller will search around here if they haven't already done so.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=W+Atchafalaya+Levee+Rd%2FPar+Rd+3-95&daddr=LA-752&hl=en&ll=30.461977,-91.758317&spn=0.311913,0.676346&sll=30.457571,-91.756707&sspn=0.004902,0.010568&geocode=Fc6_0AEd5eCH-g%3BFapf0QEdGJWA-g&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=17&z=11&layer=c&cbll=30.461977,-91.758317&panoid=W0R2Fcrv_C8x8fD5YKKu5g&cbp=12,314.23,,0,0"]W Atchafalaya Levee Rd/Par Rd 3-95 to LA-752 - Google Maps[/ame]

Reading through the thread today reminds me of the Tom Clancy quote, "The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense".

I could be completely wrong, but in my honest opinion, since so many items belonging to many women (even those that didn't know him and have never met him) were found at BSL's residence, it might be possible that he did in a round about way, stalk them to some extent.

It makes me really question if LE is so confident in BSL being responsible, because they may have found signs of him "planning" something regarding taking Mickey, like pictures of her, social networking information, things like that.

Can you specify that you mean by "so many items belonging to many women" were found at BSL's residence? I have only read that an undisclosed number of IDs were found, as well as photos of BSL.

If other items were found, I'd sure like to know about them.

Thanks.

ETA: I see someone else has asked the same question, sorry for the duplication!

We need to be careful with this date.

I have never seen a solid source say that the party was on the 3rd.

The 3rd is the date that LE have pegged for the murder.

We don't know when she went missing, or was reported missing, unless we know the date of the party.

Gertie Martie, the grandmother of one of Lisa's sons, said Lisa did not show up for her son's birthday party. His birthday is July 3rd.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/
The day Lisa went missing is fresh in her mind. Pate didn't show up for one of her children's birthday parties.

Gertie Martie, Bryant Martie’s grandmother, says she can still picture Pate’s face when she closes her eyes.

“All I know is that I loved her. She was a sweet girl, a good mother who loved her children,” Gertie Martie said.

http://www.louisianau.com/news_results4.php?Inst_id=19
As Gertie Martie stood at her home on Wilcox Street on Thursday, she recalled how strange Pate’s disappearance was at the time. She said she remembers Pate missing a birthday party the family was planning for one of the children.

“We couldn’t figure out why,” Gertie Martie said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momtastic