LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was Mickey he was feeling sorry for.

Yes, you're probably right. I forgot for a second or two that we're not dealing with a *normal* human being here - but a cold-blooded serial killer. He threw up because he had nowhere to run. It is an emotional/nervous reflex though. JMO

That missing persons link is just someone's blog and not a very good one...the writer says he sexually assaulted Evangeline Parish...isn't that a place?? I sure hope it is not the victim from 1999's name...

:floorlaugh:

Welcome to WS Jessielaine. Thanks for your post.

One item I noted from the article in the link is BBM : "Also, in 1999, while Lavergne was serving in the Army at Fort Polk he sexually assaulted Evangeline Parish. He was driving a '93 Ford pickup with La. license plate of S074500."

something to keep in mind for timelines.

I don't think it was Mickey he was feeling sorry for.
OK! NOW I wanna know what evidence they DO HAVE!!!
If it was in his home why would it make him sick?

Ahhh yes! It makes him look innocent! They must have shown him something that would make an INNOCENT person puke!

I know a guy who can vomit on command. I didn't believe him til...
welllll YUCK!

Hi all! I'm new to this site and making my first post.

I'm originally from where MS went missing so I am familiar with a lot of the areas being discussed and I'm thankful for everyone posting info. It's driving me nuts because I know if I were still in Lafayette, I'd be out and about doing a lot of "sleuthing".

Has there been a thread started yet that is limited to BSL? I thought I saw a post about one possibly being done in the SK area of this site?

I'm wanting to make some posts, but in the appropriate forum.

I don't know how I will ever keep up with reading all of this!

Thanks!

I'm originally from where MS went missing so I am familiar with a lot of the areas being discussed and I'm thankful for everyone posting info. It's driving me nuts because I know if I were still in Lafayette, I'd be out and about doing a lot of "sleuthing".

Has there been a thread started yet that is limited to BSL? I thought I saw a post about one possibly being done in the SK area of this site?

Thanks!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179400"]LA LA - Brandon Scott Lavergne, Acadia Parish, indicted July 18 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Here is the thread about BL being a possible serial killer.

And welcome to WS...

Thanks!
Yes! here ya go!
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179400"]LA LA - Brandon Scott Lavergne, Acadia Parish, indicted July 18 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Mamacat & gngr~snap.. my speculation is that he could have become physically ill because he "knew" the gig was up.

I keep going back to the brief exchange between BSL and the judge, when judge asked about him having resources to obtain an attny. BSL... "not for a case like this".

How do I go about being verified as a local?

If you click on the red triangle in the upper right corner of your post, you will be able to contact a moderator...verification involves a quick phone call with one of the mods.

Mamacat & gngr~snap.. my speculation is that he could have become physically ill because he "knew" the gig was up.

I keep going back to the brief exchange between BSL and the judge, when judge asked about him having resources to obtain an attny. BSL... "not for a case like this".

Yep.:jail:
That's why I put it in my signature!

Thanks!

Welcome to WS!

:wagon:

Thanks!

:welcome2:

bbm: Those could be used to strangle ... (and would probably damage the hyoid) ... but yes, I guess the shirt could be used to smother, as well.

BSL's ex-wife left him Dec. 30, 1999, after she said he tried to smother her. Just saying!

OK now, I realize this is probably just a media mess-up, one way or another, but THIS is still bothering me:

Compare these:

http://www.raynetoday.com/view/full_story/19454037/article-Lavergne-indicted?instance=home_news_lead

http://theadvocate.com/news/3390194-123/acadia-grand-jury-had-looked

http://www.wafb.com/story/19069776/shunick-case-leads-to-charges-in-unsolved-murder

Now, without the give-away clue of names being included and if I didn't know, I just wouldn't nimbly jump to the conclusion that these three accounts are all speaking about the discovery of the same body!

I know they are -- but seems like small-to-large discrepancies in the accounts. Maybe because this event happened so long ago...?

<sigh> It just almost made me start wondering if maybe Lisa's body was "discovered" more than once ...

If Mr. Harson is looking back to 1999 from 2012, perhaps his memory is fresh and he thinks a rice farmer found the body??? I know the original Daily Advertiser stories from 1999 quote GL, who was renting the house, saying he and his girlfriend were exploring property behind the house and saw a bone sticking out from under three boards.

Welcome! I thought I saw somewhere how to get verified, but can't find it now. Click on the exclamation point (report post) outlined in red at the top right hand corner of your post. This will take you to a page where you can message a mod. Let her know that you would like to be verified and she will tell you what you need to do.

ok. seriously this is some deep mess we are wading through. it's insane! so it is actually possible that BSL was not even involved in that wreck??

so far, the most important thing that i've learned from all of these stories, whether true, half true, or false is that thank God, and i'm not using His name in vain, because i am truly thankful that other LE agencies are involved with Mickey's case!!! otherwise, this sick murderer rapist may have been able to walk free as it seems he was able to do in the past when only CP officials were involved.

his Uncle's murder needs to be opened again as Lisa Pate's was!!! as well as any other cold cases of murder or disappearance in st.landry parish. i know they are already looking into texas girls, but locally, he may have killed men to shut them up or because he was simply mad at them for whatever reason. no wonder the locals won't talk on record. this stuff is insane!

also, who is hug em' and release Earl? current or past official? is he related to BSL?

one more thing, no wonder Nancy was at the shooting range! besides just for general self defense and good therapeutic release, she may feel like she literally needs to watch her back.

no wonder bsl's first wife moved to the islands for a while!

ok. seriously this is some deep mess we are wading through. it's insane! so it is actually possible that BSL was not even involved in that wreck??

so far, the most important thing that i've learned from all of these stories, whether true, half true, or false is that thank God, and i'm not using His name in vain, because i am truly thankful that other LE agencies are involved with Mickey's case!!! otherwise, this sick murderer rapist may have been able to walk free as it seems he was able to do in the past when only CP officials were involved.

his Uncle's murder needs to be opened again as Lisa Pate's was!!! as well as any other cold cases of murder or disappearance in st.landry parish. i know they are already looking into texas girls, but locally, he may have killed men to shut them up or because he was simply mad at them for whatever reason. no wonder the locals won't talk on record. this stuff is insane!

also, who is hug em' and release Earl? current or past official? is he related to BSL?

Earl Taylor, St. Landry Parish District Attorney

:welcome3: to new members!!!!

Fairest, I do not recall any official documentation in any MSM that states anything about the hyoid. I believe it is speculation on how a COD could have possibly been determined.

speculation
Even if the hyoid is found broken, this is not positive proof of strangulation as the COD. Really hoping the DA has good evidence.

According to what I've read, BSL may have tried to run the car off the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc