LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meth does not always make people reclusive. I've seen it make people extremely paranoid: A guy is driving down the highway, sees a cop. The cop is not chasing him. However the guy believes that the cop is going to chase him so he turns off the highway onto a cotton field and drives through the cotton for a good ways. Now the cops are chasing him- for running through cotton. He then ditches the car and steals a farmer's truck. He sees the cops so he ditches the stolen truck and runs miles through the brambles and even swims a river to get away. THAT is how delusional and paranoid meth makes one individual guy.....drugs bad.

I find it very hard to believe if not impossible that the perp in this case did not drink or do drugs.

There are many more modern drugs (and more hit the market every month) to deal with ADD and ADHD. Caffeine is a drug and people do not think anything about drinking that.

attachment.php

what news article did this pic come from? those are some big bags

Have no clue but alot has been said about this picture and those bags. To recap: Vaccum cleaner, shovel, mop, broom, pressure washers and that something is hanging out the bottom of one of the bags. About 2 threads back. Happy reading....

Yes, we're thinking it may play a part.

Ssorry I now see it has been theorized as well.. am back in the previous thread you linked to in your post upthread ..i am attempting to catch up about what, if any significance the car accident has with pates death.. thanks for the link and info:)..

Now back to lurking and reading...

justwannahelp

where did you find this picture?

interesting that they have bags over the TOP of the other bags, something must be sticking out the top

i saw chatter about bags of evidence last night, but the blog was moving so fast and i only had my phone. so i asked about these bags and someone posted a pic as a reply, but i'm not sure where the picture comes from

I mean I can't say for sure but I feel like many well known serial killers had some kind of substance abuse problem. Ted Bundy was an alcoholic and frequently would drink in his brown bug while driving around hunting for a girl to kill. J. Dahmer was a pretty normal kid at the beginning of high school but towards the end he started to party all the time and was drunk constantly at school and then he started killing people. Drugs and alcohol just add more fuel to the fire of these people who are already having such sexual problems and anger issues. I could see how meth would "focus" an otherwise anxious/angry person and cause their "other side" to come out, idk just thinking out loud.

I think you are correct that many do have substance abuse problems. Question will be -- which came first? Is the substance use an attempt to self-medicate an underlying condition or angst that also contributes to the violent impulses? Very hard to untangle in most cases, I'd think.

Why do you think meth has increased the number of SKs?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

danzn16, for several reasons, "There's a phrase you hear in addiction circles about meth," he said. "Meth makes a good guy go bad. And a bad guy badder." In most serial killers of late that I have researched. There seems to be a common denominator of methamphetamine either directly or indirectly.

One side effect of meth is an increased labido..
The meth epidemic seems to be creating psycopathetic personalities in otherwise normal people.

Imo, the meth cartels are controlled by ruthless gangs and attract many
unsavory characters across the US. Many have sociopathic/psychopathic presonalities, imo.

example from 1980s-
Speed Freak Killer tip-offs lead police to human bones at California ...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/13/speed-freak-killer-bones-california
Feb 13, 2012 – He and a childhood friend Loren Herzog became known as the Speed Freak Killers for a methamphetamine-fueled killing spree that claimed as ...

Have no clue but alot has been said about this picture and those bags. To recap: Vaccum cleaner, shovel, mop, broom, pressure washers and that something is hanging out the bottom of one of the bags. About 2 threads back. Happy reading....

thanks. gonna read up. laughing at the detective manpurse comment.

IMO those who are most likely to become serial killers are also in the same group who are likely to become addicted to meth - young white uneducated males in a lower socioeconomic class so thats why they go together sometimes.

Is that a regular women's handbag, or is it a police issue "detective's manpurse?"

This made me laugh. I would think it would be his own "murse" with detective supplies in it. Anything removed from the trailer would have been bagged before taking it outside.

I would have thought most of the off-shore workers are drug-tested; most jobs are these days.

I would have thought most of the off-shore workers are drug-tested; most jobs are these days.

They are definitely drug tested! There is WAY too much liability for these oil companies for them not to be. And, it's done randomly so he wouldn't have been given any notice. Most have to take it immediately.

Agreed, justwannahelp, BSL went to NOLO to seek treatment simply utilizing jurisdictional linkage blindness to prevent tying him to the Mickey Schunick abduction. His Nolo ruse had nothing to do with establishing an alibi.

Grand Jury to Decide if Enough Evidence in Shunick Case
http://www.katc.com/videos/grand-jury-to-decide-if-enough-evidence-in-shunick-case/

Imo the alibi seed was planted by the 'clueless attorney'; Thomas Gilbo interviewed by KATC TV 3 who said then he was also going to say that the truck being stolen and burned in TX, was to show that the persons that stole the truck were the ones responsible for Mickey Schunick's abduction..

"Imo, Mr. Gilbo, may want to do a fact check or two on the websleuths timeline & get his facts straight before he advises Chief Craft to keep his mouth shut"

Well duh, BSL had his RSO interview 9 days after her abduction and was still driving the DWT on May 28, 2012...

Wouldn't this suggest that MS would be in Texas? The exact location of the burned truck has not been revealed. Maybe Laura Recovery could put a team together and search. BMH

this is a little off topic, but rumor has it that a small flooring company in my town hires work release prisoners to install floors in new homes etc? could there be RSO's working for this company?

I would think it would be a legit topic, and an interesting one -- if we can find any verified information.

Yes it would be another piece to the puzzle like you state if we could find verification. What I have not seen, but have looked for, is what I call the "meth look". His complextion etc. is clear. Unless maybe he is a casual user.

Wouldn't this suggest that MS would be in Texas? The exact location of the burned truck has not been revealed. Maybe Laura Recovery could put a team together and search. BMH

I don't know but I wish we had a screen shot of BSL's offender page on 5/26 for his vehicles. It may have only had the red car with a tag if he did indeed report his truck stolen 5/26. We have conflicting dates with most sources saying 5/31. Same with the scars. If we knew his data prior to 5/28, could be certain about the scars, too. The truck on it now, is most likely the replacement.

:uthere: Let's get back on topic, folks. Lots of interesting comments here about drugs, but at this point none of it applies to BSL. If I recall correctly, his criminal record is free of drug offenses, and LE has not indicated drugs were a factor in either of the murders for which he's been charged. It's an interesting topic for another thread, but it's starting to derail this one.

:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member