LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Bessie, against my better judgement, because I feel like I am playing golf with my boss. Since you are a moderator with 8,527 posts, it would behoove me to agree with your opinion'..
Say what?! I was a WS'er long before I was a mod. When it comes to , :websleuther:we're all on equal ground.

However, since I am so opinionated and SteveP brought up the Casey Anthony jury as an example..

I must remind both of you that this isn't the 6 months long; 1995 Orenthal James Simpson(OJ) Trial era. Nor will Superior Court Judge Lance Allan Ito, be presiding over the BS Lavergne's Death Penalty Trial in LA..

Bureaucratic Prosecutors Marsha Clark & Christopher Darden have both been put out to greener pastures. thank goodness.. could I get a side bar?

And the cluless jury that Johnny Cochran(rest his soul) & the dream team convinced that the, size small glove didn't fit, has all since been fired or quit...

We are now living in the 2nd decade of the 21st century; the CSI, NCIS, well educated juror, forensically aware, communications/social media era..

No longer do we need long winded Forensic scientists/experts to explain DNA/forensics, nor 6 month long trials to convict a psychopathic sadistical sexual predator/serial killer; Brandon Scott Lavergne for the 1st degree murders of Mickey Schunick and Lisa Pate..

I am confident that Justice will be served..

jmho
Point taken, and I absolutely agree, without a doubt, justice will be served for Mickey and Lisa. Now if we could just bring Mickey home. :(

Doubtful Aussie_girl88, because he was arrested while stationed at Ft. Polk, LA which is basic training & advanced training. He would have not been assigned to a permanent duty station.

This is when many/most military personnel go AWOL..Trust me, it is Hell.. Especially in the Louisiana heat & swamps, and with an overbearing drill sergeant singing cadence on a 10 mile march after getting black plague injections with air guns;

'Ain't no use in going home, Jody's got your girl & gone... sound off, one, two, three, four...three, four'..

'Spoken by a newlywed that won the vietnam draft lottery & was stationed at Ft. Polk'...

Thank you for your service, Foxfire.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Mickey is somewhere
near where the truck was found. Then BSL can say "they"
kidnapped her and then went to Texas!
They knew he was there...
They had her all along.
They are trying to pin it on me!
It wasn't me!

She's no where near his home... (in order to make to story work)

He can't blame it on a dead guy this time so it MUST be
the guy that stole the truck!
They stole Mickey ...
They drove to Texas...
They stole the truck... In Texas
They burned the truck to remove THEIR DNA.
~ in Texas... yeah... "that's the ticket"

Check the x wife's property...
Check CH's property...
MAYBE NOT TX...
He has put the body on the property of a woman
he has abused or stalked as a "message"... to her AND a boyfriend.. .

ANY woman who has ever broken up with him.
She needs to have someone check her land.
moo

They had her all along.
It wasn't me!

They stoke Mickey ...
They drove to Texas...

Check CH's property...
MAYBE NOT TX...

moo

Good point. In the legal field this is called plausible deniability - refers to lack of evidence proving a allegation. Standards of proof vary in civil and criminal cases. In a criminal matter, the standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt". If LE lacks incontrovertible proof (evidence) of their allegations, BSL can "plausibly deny" the allegations even though they may be true. So your scenario about him saying his truck was stolen, and the thief did it all, BSL wasn't involved, etc. makes a lot of sense.

What I hope LE has (or will have by trial) is the evidence that will make denial impossible for BSL. :please:

Good point. In the legal field this is called plausible deniability - refers to lack of evidence proving a allegation. Standards of proof vary in civil and criminal cases. In a criminal matter, the standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt". If LE lacks incontrovertible proof (evidence) of their allegations, BSL can "plausibly deny" the allegations even though they may be true. So your scenario about him saying his truck was stolen, and the thief did it all, BSL wasn't involved, etc. makes a lot of sense.

What I hope LE has (or will have by trial) is the evidence that will make denial impossible for BSL. :please:

Don't get me wrong! That makes no sense in my mind! Remember... BSL didn't leave Pate near him.He was at Ft. Polk. He left it near the accident that he and CH were in. ~then he bolted...

It fits with his multi- jurisdictional angle as well. He was stabbed in NOLA has records to prove it. MS will be found in TX. Near the burned out truck...

All Lafayette can charge him with is LP... the scene is in TX... and her remains will show she was killed while he was injured... (in his mind)

moo

Don't get me wrong! That makes no sense in my mind! Remember... BSL didn't leave Pate near him.He was at Ft. Polk. He left it near the accident that he and CH were in. ~then he bolted...

It fits with his multi- jurisdictional angle as well. He was stabbed in NOLA has records to prove it. MS will be found in TX. Near the burned out truck...

All Lafayette can charge him with is LP... the scene is in TX... and her remains will show she was killed while he was injured... (in his mind)

moo

It makes no sense to me either, but who knows what makes sense to a mind like BSL's?

I agree that the whole stolen truck thing was an effort to distance himself from Mickey's abduction. As you said, BSL can claim it wasn't him, his truck was stolen, the thief took Mickey, the thief burned the truck. Poor BSL is just a victim and "they" did it to him again.:maddening:

They had her all along.
It wasn't me!

They stole Mickey ...
They drove to Texas...

Check CH's property...
MAYBE NOT TX...

moo

I like your thinking pattern:)

I'm in interested to know if around the time of Lisa pates missing similar circumstances occurred that occurred during ms disappearance eg. The burning of truck, hospitalization...getting what would seem worthy albi's. And in that case all the other missing women bsl will be connected to. And I also wonder we're his victims only female?

I'm in interested to know if around the time of Lisa pates missing similar circumstances occurred that occurred during ms disappearance eg. The burning of truck, hospitalization...getting what would seem worthy albi's. And in that case all the other missing women bsl will be connected to. And I also wonder we're his victims only female?

It seems there were weird circumstances surrounding Lisa Pate's disappearance, and poster Laffy Taffy has tried to unravel some of it. But as far as a burning truck, mysterious injuries, etc., I don't think those kinds of things took place.

When Lisa disappeared... there was a wreck... an occupant of said car died. (a man) BSL was in wreck and "injured"- no details
wreck was near where LP body found.

LP body ended up on the property (or property line) where woman he was stalking "bullying" lived...

http://theadvocate.com/home/3390194-125/acadia-grand-jury-had-looked

Wow! A cause of death!
"Harson, whose office covers Lafayette, Acadia and Vermilion parishes, said Pate apparently died of asphyxiation."

Pate's sister in law? Was a victim of homicide in 2010?~odd
"Her oldest son, Bryant Martie..."
"Gertie Martie, Bryant Martie’s grandmother, says she can still picture Pate’s face when she closes her eyes."
"Gertie Martie’s daughter, Montie Martie, was also the victim of a homicide in June 2010. She said Montie and Lisa knew each other well and were about the same age.":what:

http://theadvocate.com/home/3390194-125/acadia-grand-jury-had-looked

Wow! A cause of death!
"Harson, whose office covers Lafayette, Acadia and Vermilion parishes, said Pate apparently died of asphyxiation."

Pate's sister in law? Was a victim of homicide in 2010?~odd
"Her oldest son, Bryant Martie..."
"Gertie Martie, Bryant Martie’s grandmother, says she can still picture Pate’s face when she closes her eyes."
"Gertie Martie’s daughter, Montie Martie, was also the victim of a homicide in June 2010. She said Montie and Lisa knew each other well and were about the same age.":what:

Oh my what a terrible decade for the family:(

What does BBM mean? Thanks

Bolded By Me...
here is a link to the acronyms...
LE= Law Enforcement
POI= Person Of Interest
COD= Cause Of Death
TOD= Time OF Death
ITA= I Totally Agree
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132555"]Abbreviations and Acronyms LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Just a question in Australia a jury has to usually leave the court if their is evidence of a previous convicted/arrest etc. so that the person gets a fair trial, is this the case in the USA? I hope not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro