LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet -- we have also discussed how the vast terrain of private property that is "possible" would be almost impossible for "authorities" to cover and how property owners should be on the lookout. So it is a balancing act, I guess.

Lol - I meant to conclude with a paragraph about how it's a balancing act but got lazy and hit "submit reply"....

Quit it.

That's a good question... there was much discussion early on after the arrest about the fire(s), but no address, I recall.

Someone posted last night, IIRC, that a lot of the addresses were changed in the '90s to implement the 911 system, so that may be a confounding variable.

Right -- something along the lines of, possibly, rural route addresses being changed to street addresses. Familiar situation to me, happened here.

I was told by a former neighbor that when the family lived on N. Brasseaux in Church Point they built a house that burned down. It was replaced by a mobile home. That was before the parents divorced which was around 1997, if I recall. BSL was living there at the time.

I'm, sure that fire report got pulled already. Multiple times!

I was told by a former neighbor that when the family lived on N. Brasseaux in Church Point they built a house that burned down. It was replaced by a mobile home. That was before the parents divorced which was around 1997, if I recall. BSL was living there at the time.

Was the divorce between his mother and his adoptive father in 1997?

Thank you.

I found the following info at ancestry.com. (can't link)

Adopted Dad and CL are listed at:
Brasseaux, Church Point in 1992
PO Box in CP and 4th Street, Rayne in 1995
Same CP PO and Wiltz Street, Rayne 1996
Adopted Dad at Brasseaux 2000-2002 He is also listed on Prudence Highway, don't know what year.
CL at Brasseaux 2001

Could it be that the house burnt sometime between 92 and 95?

RE: And the only reason I can think of his attorneys telling him that would be to take the death penalty off the table.

As DTL, and others before him, 'BS' Lavergne, will attempt to play the Justice System like a fiddle...imo
Due to the probability of BS Lavergne, never actually having to face the consequences of a death sentence by lethal injection, the automatic appeals, protective custody, & other many perks afforded him on death row.

Why would he negotiate a plea agreement? In his mind, he is holding all the cards..

'In the mind of a serial killer & how they rationalize after their arrest'..

In 2008 SK Gary Hilton, was asked by the Pickens Co, SC Sheriff(Jason Knapp investigation) how the other prisoners and guards treat him at the Jackson Max Security Prison, GA, where he is serving life W/O Parole for the abduction/murder of Meredith Emerson:

Convicted (serial killer) Gary Hilton's view, in his own words when asked how he feels about facing a death penalty trial in FL for the abduction/murder of FSU Cheryl Dunlap:

"No one messes with me here. They treat me real good."

"I've got my own T.V.'I READ'. I've got my meals cooked, served...the dishes are washed. My laundry is done....Hey, I love it!"

"I'm gonna f------ raise hell, total hell. I'm not gonna be happy unless it takes three to four years to go to trial. Unless we have a 1,000 person jury pool, and unless we have at least two changes of venue.

"And that's just to begin with (laughs)."

Catching up and saw this, good stuff Foxfire! .....you diva

Thank you.

I found the following info at ancestry.com. (can't link)

Adopted Dad and CL are listed at:
Brasseaux, Church Point in 1992
PO Box in CP and 4th Street, Rayne in 1995
Same CP PO and Wiltz Street, Rayne 1996
Adopted Dad at Brasseaux 2000-2002 He is also listed on Prudence Highway, don't know what year.
CL at Brasseaux 2001

Could it be that the house burnt sometime between 92 and 95?

Yes, it's possible/probable.
The parents filed for divorce in April 1997. In 1998 the dad bought more than an acre on Prudence Highway with a trailer according to my research at Acadia Parish courthouse.

Yes, it's possible/probable.
The parents filed for divorce in April 1997. In 1998 the dad bought more than an acre on Prudence Highway with a trailer according to my research at Acadia Parish courthouse.

hey Claire, glad to see you back. Read your DA article on the double indictment & appreciated the info :)

Before I get myself confused... y'all are discussing the adoptive dad, correct? And when you say "parents" you mean his adoptive parents, and not the later stepdad, right? I'm trying to get it straight for myself.

So he lived with his adoptive parents from 1979 until at least the divorce in 1997? Do we know what year he stopped living with the adoptive parents and got his own place? Did he live on his own a bit, or did he go straight from their house to the Army?
Did he ever live with his stepdad?

And it was the adoptive dad that was sick in NO and he couldn't pick him up?

Wanted to be sure, so that I can better contribute.

Thanks!

I am new here and have been following your discussion for awhile but have decided to join forums. This case interests me greatly because my wife was the one that was attacked in 99 and BSL was convicted due to her not being scared and pressing charges against him. It has been hard on her hearing all the news about the victim and knowing that it was her that everybody was talking about. It angered both me and her that when he was released from prison she was not notified and a year passed before she even found out he was out. Hopefully this case goes well for the prosecution and he gets what he deserves.

I am new here and have been following your discussion for awhile but have decided to join forums. This case interests me greatly because my wife was the one that was attacked in 99 and BSL was convicted due to her not being scared and pressing charges against him. It has been hard on her hearing all the news about the victim and knowing that it was her that everybody was talking about. It angered both me and her that when he was released from prison she was not notified and a year passed before she even found out he was out. Hopefully this case goes well for the prosecution and he gets what he deserves.

:Welcome1:

:welcome:

Glad you found WS. Some good folks here trying their best to contribute to the case and being an "extra set of eyes."

Thanks for sharing how you feel. Must be so hard, bringing up all these old feelings anew... but maybe better in a way now that BSL can be tried again and if guilty, can be put away for good.

If your wife had never come forward, BSL would likely still be free, and so God bless her and many people thank her for being strong for others....

Wow....you married a hero. Takes a lot of strength and she did it!!! Thank you for joining us and your wife for helping justice be served!
:justice:

Can someone clear this up for me please?
I know LaffyTaffy said he is not discussing the wreck that night anymore, because he already repeated himself. Understandable, and i believe him 100%.

But I'm hoping fellow Sleuthers can help me understand.

He said the remains were found by CH (The girl on the news last night who said BSL stalked her) and her boyfriend which were both involved in the crash. He said the crash happened the night Lisa Pate went missing (June sometime). In the crash, the boyfriend died, and she was put into a wheel chair.

So how did they come across the remains that had been there for a while, if the crash occurred the night she went missing, before she was even dead according to the date of death. Wouldn't her boyfriend have been deceased by this point/she had been put into a wheel chair?

Sounds confusing, but does anyone get what I mean?

Can someone clear this up for me please?
I know LaffyTaffy said he is not discussing the wreck that night anymore, because he already repeated himself. Understandable, and i believe him 100%.

But I'm hoping fellow Sleuthers can help me understand.

He said the remains were found by CH (The girl on the news last night who said BSL stalked her) and her boyfriend which were both involved in the crash. He said the crash happened the night Lisa Pate went missing (June sometime). In the crash, the boyfriend died, and she was put into a wheel chair.

So how did they come across the remains that had been there for a while, if the crash occurred the night she went missing, before she was even dead according to the date of death. Wouldn't her boyfriend have been deceased by this point/she had been put into a wheel chair?

Sounds confusing, but does anyone get what I mean?

From what I understand there were different renters around August, who found the remains in September.

Thank you for posting, and as others have said, your wife is amazing for going through with the charges, if it wasn't for her, there could have been many more victims from 2000-2008.

Yeah she was the one whose house was broken into and she was assaulted and he was convicted of sexual battery from that.

Since this freight train of a thread has slowed, and I was feeling a little left out not being able to participate in the CajunNet ('cause I don't know any cajuns in real life) I decided to venture out into another forum (starts with a 't').

There's an hour of my life I will never get back.

However... It did make things a little more "real" for me. I grew up in a rural one-stopsign-town. Wow. I really feel for all of the locals. So much fear, gossip, drama, speculation. Things like this are only suppose to be in movies. Thoughts and prayers for locals.

if indeed LE found pictures of him and his injuries my guess he took those himself because those pictures would be a stimulant to him.

if indeed LE found pictures of him and his injuries my guess he took those himself because those pictures would be a stimulant to him.

Forgive me if this has been addressed, but did LE find pictures of his injuries or were they injuries that would have been reported to the police by the hospital in NOLA? Ex: if someone comes into an ER with a gunshot wound, stab wound, or dog bite they automatically report it to police. I have fallen behind and don't know exactly what wounds BSL sustained. I heard a finger injury and possibly something on his neck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx