LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that road pass under the pwerlines I'm talking about? Or is it north of the powerlines.

If you're talking about power lines that run east to west, north Church Point, then the Par Rd3-95 is south of the power lines and about 30 miles east of CP.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=W+Atchafalaya+Levee+Rd%2FPar+Rd+3-95&daddr=LA-752&hl=en&ll=30.498384,-91.964493&spn=0.315937,0.676346&sll=30.457571,-91.756707&sspn=0.004902,0.010568&geocode=Fc6_0AEd5eCH-g%3BFapf0QEdGJWA-g&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=17&z=11"]W Atchafalaya Levee Rd/Par Rd 3-95 to LA-752 - Google Maps[/ame]

Well its been speculated or suggested that he'd be willing to risk his own life or serious injury to possibly kill or silence witnesses...is it possible he killed mickey because she witnessed something else?
There are no facts that suggest Mickey ever encountered BSL prior to May 19, 2012.

Goodness gracious whewy wow - a lot of new things to ponder after today's postings.

I am having the feeling that searchers may be getting close to locating MS as they target specific areas based on "new" information. I sure hope so and hope this coming week will bring answers so many are seeking on MS's location. Continued prayers for her family and friends; as well as LE and searchers.

Bessie, thanks for the Thread for BSL in SKs - it is disturbing but I believe that thread will grow as rocks are turned over.

I have a question about BSL's adoption. I would like to know if this was an adoption within the family/extended family. If any local knows for sure (as a fact) please post.

Signing up for a pair of the waders also. For now, pillow is calling my name. Rest well all.

If you're talking about power lines that run east to west, north Church Point, then the Par Rd3-95 is south of the power lines and about 30 miles east of CP.

W Atchafalaya Levee Rd/Par Rd 3-95 to LA-752 - Google Maps
LOL I'm talking about the power lines I'm looking at and could see if it weren't dark. Anyway they CROSS RIGHT OVER 395 (no dash) according to Google maps of the power lines go that far east I don't know.

But I thought it went across several states. Not sure but to the best of my recollection I think those high voltage powerlines run across Louisiana all the way across.

Ill clarify. Maybe she witnessed something that very same night on MAY 19th. And would be a witness. Maybe to a theft or a drug deal.

SPECULATION ONLY.

He's a registered sex offender. No drug arrests to my knowledge...
~jus saying...

Been catching up on past posts in this thread. So BSLs cousin wrote a book about serial killers? And that cousins dad was murdered (BSLs uncle). Really strange this whole case keeps getting weirder I feel like. Yikes. I do think Mickey will be located soon though. BSL is messy and there had to be some good clues when LE searched his house and property that point to where Mickey is. So many people have worked very hard searching and it seems like search areas are getting more "focused" I think? I wish I could help search but I am too far away! Ugh I really hope they find Mickey soon! I don't know how much more anyone can take of this case it's stressful to try and sort out and finding Mickey sure would wipe that smirk off BSLs stupid face!

Ill clarify. Maybe she witnessed something that very same night on MAY 19th. And would be a witness. Maybe to a theft or a drug deal.

SPECULATION ONLY.

Ah...gotcha. I don't think so, personally. I'm just speculating, too, but I think she would have gone somewhere safe, maybe the Circle K, and called someone to come get her. And if happened earlier in the night, I don't think she would have left alone on her bike. JMO

I believe BSL was on the prowl and saw an opportunity to carry out his sick intentions.

The last three hours I have been unable to sleep. Many thoughts run through my brain....

Scenario...... JMOO...... Just My Thoughts
Possibly there was a crime that BSL did prior to the June 99 auto accident. Possibly BSL cleaned up at the friends place or camp. BSL is later a POI in the crime.

He asks his 'friends ' to help cover up. They are uncooperative so BSL calls the group one night to meet up. Knowing they are intoxicated he plans to run them off road & kill them. The group is chased by BSL at high speed, flips and one person dies. The intoxicated driver insists the deceased was driving. BSL tells them he won't say who was driving intoxicated if they help cover his earlier crime with their inside connections.
BSL did have problems with anger.
The friends may also know about his abduction and keeping of Lisa P. for his likings.

Question: How would BSL have so much control to the point of silencing everyone?
For BSL to have enough control so that people don't reveal the truth, I think he must know something about them. He threatens to tell all their misdemeanors if they speak about his 'misdemeanors'. So that way everyone lies or keeps hush.

I don't know...I can't sleep.... It's late and my brain is rolling with ideas.
All this is just my rambling of thoughts.

I believe justice will prevail and Mickey :angel: will come home.

My prayers for all involved.

I just don't understand how Brandon had anything to do with the car wreak or LP death? He obviously had a girlfriend being that he got married a few months after LP died. This is all so strange to me.

Do you people know how many thousands of white Z71's there are in this area lol? I don't believe for one bit that they would seriously identify the truck in the picture as belonging to Brandon Lavergne... I'd like to see that proof.

OK now, I realize this is probably just a media mess-up, one way or another, but THIS is still bothering me:

Compare these:

On the evening of Sept. 21, 1999, skeletal remains of a female were found in on Brigman Highway between the communities of Prudhomme and Pitreville, located in the northern part of Acadia Parish.

Discovered by the home’s renters about a month after moving in, Pate was identified through the work of Louisiana State University anthropologist Mary Mayheim and her team.

The renters, Guy Landry and a companion, stumbled upon the remains after deciding to explore the back yard that evening. There Landry found three boards. He told police he moved the first board to investigate and found a human skull.
http://www.raynetoday.com/view/full_story/19454037/article-Lavergne-indicted?instance=home_news_lead

In an interview with The Daily Advertiser in September 1999, Landry said he stumbled upon the discovery while walking through what appeared to be a trail cutting through an overgrown area in his back yard.

“Just a few steps into the thicket, barely 25 yards from his front door, he spotted three boards laid side-by-side and what looked like a bone at the far end,” The Advertiser reported, noting that Landry had rented the home for less than a month when he found the remains.
http://theadvocate.com/news/3390194-123/acadia-grand-jury-had-looked

15th Judicial District Attorney Mike Harson is looking back at an unsolved murder that's been on the books for more than a decade. ... It involved a multi-agency search in Acadia Parish. 34-year-old Lisa Pate had disappeared.

Authorities say a rice farmer found Pate's body in an empty field
about 20 miles north of I-10. They sent the remains to forensic scientists.
http://www.wafb.com/story/19069776/shunick-case-leads-to-charges-in-unsolved-murder

Now, without the give-away clue of names being included and if I didn't know, I just wouldn't nimbly jump to the conclusion that these three accounts are all speaking about the discovery of the same body!

I know they are -- but seems like small-to-large discrepancies in the accounts. Maybe because this event happened so long ago...?

<sigh> It just almost made me start wondering if maybe Lisa's body was "discovered" more than once ...

because he is a nutcase and the friends knew it plus with his family connections they knew he'd be believed over them.

The last three hours I have been unable to sleep. Many thoughts run through my brain....

Scenario...... JMOO...... Just My Thoughts
Possibly there was a crime that BSL did prior to the June 99 auto accident. Possibly BSL cleaned up at the friends place or camp. BSL is later a POI in the crime.

He asks his 'friends ' to help cover up. They are uncooperative so BSL calls the group one night to meet up. Knowing they are intoxicated he plans to run them off road & kill them. The group is chased by BSL at high speed, flips and one person dies. The intoxicated driver insists the deceased was driving. BSL tells them he won't say who was driving intoxicated if they help cover his earlier crime with their inside connections.
BSL did have problems with anger.
The friends may also know about his abduction and keeping of Lisa P. for his likings.

Question: How would BSL have so much control to the point of silencing everyone?
For BSL to have enough control so that people don't reveal the truth, I think he must know something about them. He threatens to tell all their misdemeanors if they speak about his 'misdemeanors'. So that way everyone lies or keeps hush.

I don't know...I can't sleep.... It's late and my brain is rolling with ideas.
All this is just my rambling of thoughts.

I believe justice will prevail and Mickey :angel: will come home.

My prayers for all involved.

I just don't understand how Brandon had anything to do with the car wreak or LP death? He obviously had a girlfriend being that he got married a few months after LP died. This is all so strange to me.

CajunA, I hope you don't mind my asking (and if you do, just tell me to mind my own business, really): Do you know Brandon personally?

I hear ya! I agree about all of that. CH as well.
BUT I think BSL picked LP up on his way that weekend...
maybe she did OD.
I was not there but the ME said strangulation.
IF she had a broken hyoid NO DRUG caused that! One person did ~not 3
maybe the ME was "persuaded" to call it strangulation?

I do not know!
Something hinky has gone on with BSL.
My thought process is BSL works a job (I think) would do random drug screens.
I don't think MS witnessed anything if BSL was that hard into drugs back then and has survived he knows not to "deal" out in the open.
He wanted MS for one thing. The highest high a person can get.
moo

I'm on your side hun!~ can I say hun?
I'm a girl...

bbm: Just wanting to clarify: I think the only cause of death we've had reported (and that only fairly recently) was asphyxiation -- which could include strangulation, but also, I believe, could include some other things (and ones that wouldn't necessarily include a fractured hyoid bone). One I thought of was smothering -- I used the hypothetical example that maybe a plastic bag was found attached to or near the skull. Can anybody think of other possibilities along that line? (Since we don't know yet about the hyoid bone.)

OK now, I realize this is probably just a media mess-up, one way or another, but THIS is still bothering me:

Compare these:

http://www.raynetoday.com/view/full_story/19454037/article-Lavergne-indicted?instance=home_news_lead

http://theadvocate.com/news/3390194-123/acadia-grand-jury-had-looked

http://www.wafb.com/story/19069776/shunick-case-leads-to-charges-in-unsolved-murder

Now, without the victim's name being included and if I didn't know, I just wouldn't nimbly jump to the conclusion that these three accounts are all speaking about the discovery of the same body!

I know they are -- but seems like small-to-large discrepancies in the accounts. Maybe because this event happened so long ago...?

<sigh> It just almost made me start wondering if maybe Lisa's body was "discovered" more than once ...
I think what he failed to report was the "smell" that brought him out of the house? Then again at that time of year she should have been bare bones?
BUT she was covered by wood so animals may have had a hard time getting to her...
bbm: Just wanting to clarify: I think the only cause of death we've had reported (and that only fairly recently) was asphyxiation -- which could include strangulation, but also, I believe, could include some other things (and ones that wouldn't necessarily include a fractured hyoid bone). One I thought of was smothering -- I used the hypothetical example that maybe a plastic bag was found attached to or near the skull. Can anybody think of other possibilities along that line? (Since we don't know yet about the hyoid bone.)

YES! You are right! That very well could be!

OR a rope/ electric cord... etc...
OR A SHIRT!
LIKE BSL used previously in the rape case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member