LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it is possible that the rice farmer could have rented the house but what I SPECULATE is that the real true story of who found it or when where why and how was vague to protect whoever tipped the police off or whoever looked for or stumbled upon the bones would be protected or feel safe. Also owner (landlord) may be a rice farmer, or not,* may have found the bones or not. Or it could have been the tenant. And in the area it is not uncommon for a home to be surrounded on all four sides by fields. Like really if you let the edge of your yard grow as tall as the field on side of it...it kind if becomes part of the field....
So IMO that might explain some of the descrepancies.Moohttp://www.wafb.com/story/19069776/shunick-case-leads-to-charges-in-unsolved-murder [/B]

The rice farmer scenario seems like it could be an entirely different person whom they at first thought was the missing Lisa Pate. Then again, surely not because once forensics reports were in...geeze, I don't even know what to think about this one.

If they made DNA from a tissue culture they would still have it, IMO. But if they took the more routine culture that would have been trashed. DNA is made when they want faster, more accurate results on bacterial infections. If they took part of his finger tip off, they would still have that tissure, IMO.

http://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive/vlabs/bacterial_id/index.html

I don't think that this is done on a routine basis in ER's. They probably just gave him a broad spectrum antibiotic as one poster suggested, cleaned out his wounds, and wrote him out orders to follow up at a local hospital for surgery on his finger.

If they made DNA from a tissue culture they would still have it, IMO. But if they took the more routine culture that would have been trashed. DNA is made when they want faster, more accurate results on bacterial infections. If they took part of his finger tip off, they would still have that tissure, IMO.

http://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive/vlabs/bacterial_id/index.html

Another site for the collection and storage of forensic tissue collection. Question is "Would they have done this in the ER on his finger?'

http://www.dna.gov/basics/evidence_collection/transportation-and-storage

It is my understanding that the murdered uncle was not the same man as the father of the author. The murdered uncle was a butcher, the other a police man.

:moo: My opinion is that the murdered uncle was NOT the father of the SK author due to a different last name. :waitasec: JMOO

May Mickey :angel: come home today.

Just a thought rolling around in my head. We all know LP's case wasn't very publicized and at the time of the GJ hearing in 2008 it was very quiet news wise. But with the disappearance of MS becoming national news and the biggest news story i remember around these parts since DTL, could it be that that when it went up in front of GJ, i can guarantee you almost everyone here knew about it, that the publicity made it easier to get a indictment? GJ is not specially picked for every case. They serve for so many months and hear several cases. My mother was on the GJ several years ago and I think it was at least 3-6months. I am not saying they don't have enough evidence as from what I am hearing they do. Just throwing out the fact that this case has rattled the communities around here. I just hope & pray they can keep this trial in Laffy. But I think it will be hard. Like ppl have stated, the Cajun net is very powerful.

:moo: My opinion is that the murdered uncle was NOT the father of the SK author due to a different last name. :waitasec: JMOO

May Mickey :angel: come home today.

You are correct. 2 different ppl. One related by father, one by mother.

Am I allowed to post photos I took of BL house and where he used to live? Also, does anyone know if family still lives at the Brasseaux address? And when the fire destroyed the home that was located there?:fence:

I just wanted to say after reading all of this: Mickey, you are truly an angel. I hope wherever you are you can see how many people care about you and how your life has made such a huge difference! Because of you, a serial predator will finally get his comeuppance and ALL of his victims (and I'm sure there are more of them than we'll ever know) can finally, finally have some peace. Mickey, you are a star!!!!

The rice farmer scenario seems like it could be an entirely different person whom they at first thought was the missing Lisa Pate. Then again, surely not because once forensics reports were in...geeze, I don't even know what to think about this one.

I agree - this just seems so different from other reports that I wonder if the DA quoted in the "rice farmer" article may have been referring to a different person altogether. Just some kind of mix-up on his part.

Otherwise, it's a real stretch trying to make the facts of all the stories fit together into one story that makes sense.

The reason I'm curious about this is: if BSL feels comfortable with a certain "disposal" method (i.e., rice field or under boards), that might suggest where he left Mickey.

What about some kind of chemical on a rag smothered over the mouth, or even just a shirt or rag stuffed in mouth down throat. Idk. I'm thinking if they said the cause of death was asphyxiation and when LP was discovered as bones I think it's most likely the hyoid bone was fractured or showed some kind of damage. LE does have way more info about her death now then before (especially because they determined supposedly the exact day she died!).

EDIT: nvm realized that they recently determined a cause of death as asphyxiation but why wouldn't they have figured that out when they found her body in 1999, clearly it was a homicide because she was found hidden under boards why wouldn't they do any kind of tests to determine how she died? Ah maybe I keep reading things wrong idk but isn't LE and the medical examiners supposed to find out to the best of their knowledge the cause of death. Someone has given new info about this now or new evidence was discovered and there is probably a solid case against BSL.

When the found remains are merely bones, there's not much the ME can do to determine cause of death. In this instance, the manner of death was homicide, but there's no 'testing' they can do to determine cause of death.

All of these news reports about LP being found come from different areas around Louisiana. I believe the one about the rice farmer is the farthest away from the area. I would have to guess that it is just incorrect reporting. I have seen both our local news station report the same story with 2 different version in today's day and age. Imagine how things were in 1999. I find that just about every story you read from different sources interprets at least one part of the story differently.

Hey everyone! I've been reading this site for awhile now and finally decided to join the conversation.

I agree - this just seems so different from other reports that I wonder if the DA quoted in the "rice farmer" article may have been referring to a different person altogether. Just some kind of mix-up on his part.

Otherwise, it's a real stretch trying to make the facts of all the stories fit together into one story that makes sense.

The reason I'm curious about this is: if BSL feels comfortable with a certain "disposal" method (i.e., rice field or under boards), that might suggest where he left Mickey.

IMO... This doesn't really confuse things. A lot of people from around here could be considered farmers at some point, especially around Church Point. Back in college I dated a guy that was a rice/crawfish farmer from Church Point. He was also a college student who just farmed some friends of the family's land sometimes when he needed extra money. It seems to me like the man who located LP could also have been farming but without be the land owner. This is just how my brain makes it all makes sense for what it's worth!

Am I allowed to post photos I took of BL house and where he used to live? Also, does anyone know if family still lives at the Brasseaux address? And when the fire destroyed the home that was located there?:fence:

Welcome to Websluths annemarea.

To answer your question, I suggest you contact a WS moderator (mod) before posting the photos. The Mod can answer that for you.

RE: Otherwise, it's a real stretch trying to make the facts of all the stories fit together into one story that makes sense.

'Although reality seldom makes sense, especially without truth & transparency, Marilynilpa'..

The puzzle must put itself together. I am confident that it will with patience, and if we let the pattern emerge on its own. Rather than trying to force the pieces together, once all the missing pieces are properly assembled.

'Guess, there would be no use in climbing the mountain if it was flat'..

OT, but if there is a Jerry Sandusky thread, Penn St. just got hammered.

/Sorry to interrupt, but I thought some would be interested.

Hey everyone! I've been reading this site for awhile now and finally decided to join the conversation.

IMO... This doesn't really confuse things. A lot of people from around here could be considered farmers at some point, especially around Church Point. Back in college I dated a guy that was a rice/crawfish farmer from Church Point. He was also a college student who just farmed some friends of the family's land sometimes when he needed extra money. It seems to me like the man who located LP could also have been farming but without be the land owner. This is just how my brain makes it all makes sense for what it's worth!

So the land owner could say the bones were found in his rice field, which could also be the renter's back yard, where the renter reportedly found Lisa's remains under the boards?

Would that mean that Lisa was found in a rice field under some boards in the back of the renter's house?

If so, then it does make some sort of sense. It still seems weird, though, how different the reports are, IMO.

I think I'll just quit trying to figure it out, since it doesn't make that much difference in Mickey's case. She's still lost and needs to be brought home.

Does anyone know if his house burned before July 11 2011? I can find it burned in July but not a specific day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member