LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you know if they searched around those transmission towers around parish road 3-95? i don't believe in psychics, but i still think it's an area that should be searched if it hasn't already. i'm no expert in searching, however. just sayin'

I did not ask about the area with the transminnion towers.
I asked if she had seen the angel pic. She had not and was interested. So I sent her that pic. She thought the pic was interesting. The searchers were wearing yellow tshirts and jeans so the "angel" first made her think of a searcher. She said they had searched that area.

I wanted to ask about the second location but did not want to say anything about the Druid priest. If I talk to her today i will ask and leave the Dp out of it. That does sound like a location they should have searched.

Originally Posted by CajunLady75
Well for all those that know about what i posted the other night. It still has not been reported so I just got off the phone with LE myself. They found info very interesting and are investigating. Thanks to all of you for your advice.

I missed this. What did you post the other night that you reported to LE?

I've become unable to read TheAdvertiser.com articles - unless I subscribe. I really don't want to subcsribe to a newspaper in another state. Is there a suggestion on how to access these articles or a back door? Juss askin....

She worked at Poets, not sure if she was still working there when she went missing.

Yes, I recall that. I recall that the time frame discussed for her employment at Poets was 1997-99, approximately. may have been her last job.

(Poets was a very popular nightclub in Lafayette, NOT downtown.)

ETA: Maybe '98. I remember someone early on who said she/he worked with her at Poets.

I've become unable to read TheAdvertiser.com articles - unless I subscribe. I really don't want to subcsribe to a newspaper in another state. Is there a suggestion on how to access these articles or a back door? Juss askin....

Clear your browser cookies and try again

Whenever I google map in search of where MS could be, aside from cemeteries, my interest goes to the multiple salvage yards. If BSL wanted to put her somewhere safe that he could return to later......

http://goo.gl/maps/8Xzj

Probably not a salvage yard... I've gone to them regularly for years because I drive old stuff that has a lower IQ than I (means it has to be pretty old to qualify).

Unless it's an abandoned salvage yard, people are always going back there - moving cars, pulling parts, etc. The employees are aware of stuff that goes on and would definitely check out any sign of decomp. They find all kinds of stuff. Heck, I found a rusty .38 under a seat once - and it was loaded. Another time found a rattlesnake wrapped around a wiring harness under a steering column and looking back at me from 6 inches away. Lucky it was very cold and he was sluggish.

BringMickeyHome♥;8187248 said:
How do I get to this 'CAJUNNET' I have been reading so much about?:banghead:

Walk outside, turn off all fans & devices, and listen real hard.

It's in the wind. You can hear it in the background. it's the wind made by flapping gums.

I think it is possible LP was not employed at the time she went missing. She had a baby a few weeks old and if she had a job their would have be some mention of her not showing up for work....maybe she was on maternity leave if she was still employed,

I've been thinking about BSL and the info we were told by Someguy... that he didn't drink.

Here Mickey is coming from a Lafayette bar, and Lisa Pate worked at a Lafayette bar.

Maybe BSL used to drink.

He had an eight-year period of enforced sobriety at the Iron-Bar Hotel.

Maybe he came out not drinking and just decided not to resume.

Meaning.... I'm wondering if he met Lisa Pate at Poets? It was a HOT nightclub - packed dance floor - drinks flowing. Maybe he was drinking back then. Would be a good question for Someguy if he drops back in. A lot of guys BSL's age meet waitresses at night but come in for lunch during the day so that they can actually talk to them without all the noise. I would sing Karaoke at night but then sometimes drop in for lunch to shoot the bull with CS and her coworkers at the place CS worked.

ETA: I'm pondering in which setting a 20-y.o. BSL could meet a 35-y.o. Lisa Pate, a pretty woman.

I also speculate about BSL's sex-offender program in prison. They probably taught him that drinking can trigger things. I'm not defending him, but it's possible that BSL tried to stay sober because he knew drinking might cause him to relapse. I'm saying that maybe he tried not to relapse, and failed.

The mess going on with the family of the woman he wanted to marry at the time Mickey went missing would be a prime trigger to start drinking again, IMO.

Dang!!! I always miss the good stuff! :waitasec:

I also speculate about BSL's sex-offender program in prison. They probably taught him that drinking can trigger things. I'm not defending him, but it's possible that BSL tried to stay sober because he knew drinking might cause him to relapse. I'm saying that maybe he tried not to relapse, and failed.

The mess going on with the family of the woman he wanted to marry at the time Mickey went missing would be a prime trigger to start drinking again, IMO.

IMO I don't think BSL tried to not relapse. I suspect we will be hearing about alot more in time to come.

What CajunLady said is true. The items found are most likely what gave them hard evidence against him. When you have that many things belonging to that many women, something is wrong and classifies as stalking. How his gf never saw these things is very hard to believe.

Probably not a salvage yard... I've gone to them regularly for years because I drive old stuff that has a lower IQ than I (means it has to be pretty old to qualify).

Unless it's an abandoned salvage yard, people are always going back there - moving cars, pulling parts, etc. The employees are aware of stuff that goes on and would definitely check out any sign of decomp. They find all kinds of stuff. Heck, I found a rusty .38 under a seat once - and it was loaded. Another time found a rattlesnake wrapped around a wiring harness under a steering column and looking back at me from 6 inches away. Lucky it was very cold and he was sluggish.

Most salvage yard employees will have a story or two to tell you related to deceased or decomposing bodies... They definitely are familiar with the scent. And if they're fortunate enough to not have any firsthand knowledge when it comes to the deceased, they most likely have had many cars there that were saturated with the odor from a fatal accident, etc... Many remember in the Casey Anthony trial, the employee at the impound lot testified about a man who committed suicide in his car and wasn't found for days. He said the odor left behind was so strong, and it was a smell he would never forget. He knew right away what the smell in her trunk meant. So, most employees in these kind of jobs know the smell of death, and would alert le. Remember too, the smell lingers and is almost impossible to mask (again refer to the Anthony case).
All JMO

For someone in a bad state of mind - cruising at night - upset - maybe drinking (as I still think possible with BSL) - a bicyclist actually is the perfect target. A pedestrian has time to react and run away from a stranger stopping and getting out of a truck, and is harder to hit without driving up on the sidewalk. It's hard to abduct another driver. Unfortunately, a bicyclist is in the road and easy to match speed with and then to bump just hard enough to knock them off the bike.

IMO I don't think BSL tried to not relapse. I suspect we will be hearing about alot more in time to come.

Maybe not. I'm just considering Someguy's statement that BSL didn't drink. Not real common for a guy his age in south Louisiana. And if he didn't drink because it unleashed his demons, then I see it as possible that he was drinking the night Mickey went missing - due to turmoil with his love life - and of course would have less tolerance.

I'm not yet ready to conclude that he was killing people nonstop since 2008. It could have been that he got in a bad frame of mind and something snapped.

Regarding the area that's been discussed the last couple of days along 3-95), I participated in a foot searc the last weekend before they were called off, and the area we were in was in that vicinity. Not along that exact road, and I won't be specific, but it was in an "adjacent" area. With that being said, I couldn't say specifically that the area w/ the transmission towers around 3-95 was searched as well, as I can't say where they drew the line to end their foot searches at that time. Based on where we were, IMO only, I think that it's likely that the area in question would have been covered as well. However, the terrain out there is hellacious!! Where we were searching, the only thing I could think the whole time, was how easy it would be to overlook something, because there were so many areas you had to go over, under, around, etc. It felt so hopeless for me personally, and I left completely heartbroken thinking about what a tremendous task the Shunick's, TES, and all of the search organizers were faced with. I know that we do what we have to do to persevere when faced with tragedy, and I know that I would never give up if it were my loved one. But the amount of respect and admiration I have for the Shunick's and everyone involved in searching for Mickey is immeasurable, and I only went one day.
:angel:
I did not ask about the area with the transminnion towers.
I asked if she had seen the angel pic. She had not and was interested. So I sent her that pic. She thought the pic was interesting. The searchers were wearing yellow tshirts and jeans so the "angel" first made her think of a searcher. She said they had searched that area.

I wanted to ask about the second location but did not want to say anything about the Druid priest. If I talk to her today i will ask and leave the Dp out of it. That does sound like a location they should have searched.

Most salvage yard employees will have a story or two to tell you related to deceased or decomposing bodies... They definitely are familiar with the scent. And if they're fortunate enough to not have any firsthand knowledge when it comes to the deceased, they most likely have had many cars there that were saturated with the odor from a fatal accident, etc... Many remember in the Casey Anthony trial, the employee at the impound lot testified about a man who committed suicide in his car and wasn't found for days. He said the odor left behind was so strong, and it was a smell he would never forget. He knew right away what the smell in her trunk meant. So, most employees in these kind of jobs know the smell of death, and would alert le. Remember too, the smell lingers and is almost impossible to mask (again refer to the Anthony case).
All JMO

You are correct. I once tried to salvage some bucket seats from a '69 Mustang and after a few minutes because it became obvious (in retrospect) that someone had been deceased in the car. I needed part of the metal frames and was young and stubborn and so I actually bought the seats and took them home, thinking the smell was just temporary. Told myself a cat must have got in there and died. I ended up putting them on the side of the house for 5 years before stripping them bare to use the frames.

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member