LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kkdj, ive sent a request to one of the mods asking approval to post the info I know.

Ocean, :rocker: Thank you for being respectful and awaiting mod approval in case it would affect their filing a petition for change of venue. We are hoping trial stays in Lafayette for the families benefit.

Let the mods decide. I'm just very surprised that LE would be prejudicing the jury pool like that. I see no valid reason for LE to be telling people that stuff.

Seems like a good, old-fashioned "leak," to me. One that the DA won't be too thrilled with.

It was not a leak. It was LE questioning ppl on items that were found. Not just telling random ppl, hey i found this. Questions about some of the items needed to be addressed.

The ppl they are telling WILL NOT be in the jury pool as they may possibly be connected to this case somehow. JMO.

Leaking information can also be a part of a prosecution strategy, of course.

I've become unable to read TheAdvertiser.com articles - unless I subscribe. I really don't want to subcsribe to a newspaper in another state. Is there a suggestion on how to access these articles or a back door? Juss askin....
If you don't want to delete your cookies, just use a separate browser. I usually use internet explorer, and tend to stay connected to websites for days since I hardly ever shut my computer off. I switch to foxfire to read articles, and don't mind clearing the cache in the second browser anytime I need to.
Just copy and past the link in the second browser.

Until I see this in the news, I don't want to post about it, myself.

Going to go get more work done.

It was not a leak. It was LE questioning ppl on items that were found. Not just telling random ppl, hey i found this. Questions about some of the items needed to be addressed.

I suppose some of the items could have been obtained innocently. He did date.
However, I know of nobody that would willingly give their ID to somebody. And he had multiple!

Can't talk about sending PM's here. Just do it if you want to, but you can't post about it.

LA Code Crim Pro 622 What's This?
Art. 622. Grounds for change of venue
A change of venue shall be granted when the applicant proves that by reason of prejudice existing in the public mind or because of undue influence, or that for any other reason, a fair and impartial trial cannot be obtained in the parish where the prosecution is pending.
In deciding whether to grant a change of venue the court shall consider whether the prejudice, the influence, or the other reasons are such that they will affect the answers of jurors on the voir dire examination or the testimony of witnesses at the trial.

http://law.justia.com/codes/louisiana/2011/ccrp/ccrp622/

Motions for change of venue (more for your reading pleasure)
http://files.ali-aba.org/thumbs/datastorage/skoob/articles/BK50-CH20_thumb.pdf

LA Code Crim Pro 622 What's This?
Art. 622. Grounds for change of venue
A change of venue shall be granted when the applicant proves that by reason of prejudice existing in the public mind or because of undue influence, or that for any other reason, a fair and impartial trial cannot be obtained in the parish where the prosecution is pending.
In deciding whether to grant a change of venue the court shall consider whether the prejudice, the influence, or the other reasons are such that they will affect the answers of jurors on the voir dire examination or the testimony of witnesses at the trial.

http://law.justia.com/codes/louisiana/2011/ccrp/ccrp622/

Motions for change of venue (more for your reading pleasure)
http://files.ali-aba.org/thumbs/datastorage/skoob/articles/BK50-CH20_thumb.pdf

Even if this site never existed, I'd find it very hard for a change of venue NOT to take place with all of the coverage about this case...
But I hope that doesn't happen

Peeps!

WS doesn't allow conversation about PM exchanges on the main threads or forums. It's a little like being at a party and leaning over to whisper something into the ear of the person next to you.

Actually, it's more like announcing over the dinner table, "I'm going to tell So and So a secret!" and THEN leaning over and whispering in their ear.

This post lands at random, and please keep up your good work sleuthing what happened to Mickey! :tyou:

..... these ppl were out there EVERYDAY looking for answers. They never let the story die. So very proud to be from such an awesome community that ppl have come together to help their fellow neighbor in need.
BBM
YES, this is a awesome community that will easily helps those in need.

The Shunick family is blessed to have the support...... And the support is helping in so many other ways to question and search for answers as well as light fires under 'Whomever' for justice to prevail in all BSLs demise.
God bless Mickeys :angel: family for her to come home soon.

Even if this site never existed, I'd find it very hard for a change of venue NOT to take place with all of the coverage about this case...

I think the difference is, Lafayette is not like other big cities, you know how many ppl just in my family don't have internet or cable and really don't know much about this even though BSL was once related by marriage. Not everyone follows the news, internet, & gossip like some of us. I think the bigger problem will be how many ppl are unknowingly tied to this case or related to someone tied to this case. Before it is all over it will stretch far and wide I'm afraid. JMO of course. I think they have a good chance of keeping it here though. Gonna be hard to change.

It shouldn't matter where the trial take places, if the evidence is good. I am for whatever reduces the number and chances of appeals.

Ensuring that witnesses can be at the trial is something that the judge (IMO) will weigh heavy. There are bound to be a good number, especially if the two cases are to be tried together (DA statement today;per Advocate article).

I am not sure if LA has the FL provision of bringing in jurors from another jurisdiction to reduce the amount of influence that the publicity and general attitude towards this crime may still have even in two or three years when the jury is being empaneled. Anybody know LA state law about bringing a jury in to Lafayette for this eventual trial?

Ensuring that witnesses can be at the trial is something that the judge (IMO) will weigh heavy. There are bound to be a good number, especially if the two cases are to be tried together (DA statement today;per Advocate article).

I am not sure if LA has the FL provision of bringing in jurors from another jurisdiction to reduce the amount of influence that the publicity and general attitude towards this crime may still have even in two or three years when the jury is being empaneled. Anybody know LA state law about bringing a jury in to Lafayette for this eventual trial?

bbm: IIRC, nola, someone earlier in Mickey's threads posted examples of LA cases in which some degree of change of venue took place and I think some of them were "imported jury" examples, as you describe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne