LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silence from LE is not always a good thing...i.e. Holly Bobo and Lauren Spierer. Sometimes it means they have nothing. Sometimes, as with Sierra and Mickey, it means the opposite. There is no way to know, until we know.

I keep thinking about the girl he orally raped. He blindfolded her, so she didn't see a knife, but she said she felt something sharp in her side that she assumed was a knife. That is what makes me think it might have been BSL's own knife that Mickey used against him after spraying him with the mace. I also think he might have cut his finger badly when he was trying to get it back. He would have been temporarily blinded by the mace and might have, in the struggle, grabbed the wrong end of the knife.

i never thought about him grabbing the wrong end of the knife.

I remember that distinctly: "place him at Whiskey Bay"

ITA, They said they could place both the truck and him. One was in the press conference and one was in the q/a afterward.

Silence from LE is not always a good thing...i.e. Holly Bobo and Lauren Spierer. Sometimes it means they have nothing. Sometimes, as with Sierra and Mickey, it means the opposite. There is no way to know, until we know.

clucian, did they at least come out and say anything - even that they didn't have anything for the bobo and spierer cases? for MS the silence was so strong - one presser- then nothing and this was still a new fresh case - just weeks old. i couldn't help but feel that they didn't care, as silly as that sounds.

Finally caught up again- this sleuthing is some hard work! I'm thinking LE may have a better timeline than us- placing him in specific places at specific times. We know he sure did a great deal of traveling so I am sure there may be an electronic record of transactions (gas purchases at least) and then if he does have a safety deposit box he would surely be on bank cameras plus they keep a record of who and when people access their boxes.

ITA, They said they could place both the truck and him. One was in the press conference and one was in the q/a afterward.

the "him" makes me think cell phone ping or picture. the truck makes me think GPS. i'm thinking he had a Garmin dealy GPS rather than OnStar, and i think he took his Garmin dealy out of truck before burning and put it in his new truck. i don't think he ever disabled it. i really don't think he thought he'd be caught. if he really really did, he would have destroyed pictures etc. i think he got rid of the truck only because they were looking for that truck. the rest he hung onto. JMO

Finally caught up again- this sleuthing is some hard work! I'm thinking LE may have a better timeline than us- placing him in specific places at specific times. We know he sure did a great deal of traveling so I am sure there may be an electronic record of transactions (gas purchases at least) and then if he does have a safety deposit box he would surely be on bank cameras plus they keep a record of who and when people access their boxes.

i sure hope they have video of him at a station filling up those red plastic gas cans with gallons and gallons of gas.

tomorrow for his plea, will they show a still or video of him in the courtroom? or will he even be there? i'd like to see video of him as we were able to see of james holmes. i'd also like to see his hand and if he still has scratches on his arms. they are probably healed by now, however.

snipped for brevity:

Two public tips is why BS Lavergne, was identified, although he was a Tier 3 RSO living 20 miles from the scene of the crime & driving a DWT?

Interviewed by two NOLO detectives on 05/19/2012 with a mugging ruse that any rookie LEO could see through. Met for his RSO quarterly interview only 9 days after the brutal abduction of Mickey Schunick, with multiple stab wounds, poison Ivy, etc...yet no red flags?

Without the public's awareness in this abduction investigation BSL, would still be actively preying on innocent victims, imo..

Hard to believe! Is it possible LE was just keeping quite and began watching what he was doing?

clucian, did they at least come out and say anything - even that they didn't have anything for the bobo and spierer cases? for MS the silence was so strong - one presser- then nothing and this was still a new fresh case - just weeks old. i couldn't help but feel that they didn't care, as silly as that sounds.

No, in Holly's case, they have not really spoken out since the earliest weeks...Lauren's too, in fact...and seemingly no progress has been made in over a year in each case. By about week 3 in each case, we stopped hearing anything at all.

tomorrow for his plea, will they show a still or video of him in the courtroom? or will he even be there? i'd like to see video of him as we were able to see of james holmes. i'd also like to see his hand and if he still has scratches on his arms. they are probably healed by now, however.

I think it is Friday the 27th, no? Not tomorrow?
Not sure if they will televise it...I doubt it. Any locals know?

I think it is Friday the 27th, no? Not tomorrow?
Not sure if they will televise it...I doubt it. Any locals know?

i think you are right. i thought today was Thursday because our garbage schedule just changed and the trucks coming through the neighborhood this morning made my brain register "it's Thursday"

locals do you know what the media will be able to get - a picture or a video clip??

I know someone who was being stupid and tried to stab a butcher knife into a wall. The knife stopped, of course, but his hand kept going (down the blade) until it reached the wall. Major hand damage. I've wondered if something similar happened to BL. If he were trying to stab anything or anyone and something hard resisted the knife, then it would make sense that his hand would continue traveling down the blade to cause finger or hand damage.

No, in Holly's case, they have not really spoken out since the earliest weeks...Lauren's too, in fact...and seemingly no progress has been made in over a year in each case. By about week 3 in each case, we stopped hearing anything at all.

so sad :(

the "him" makes me think cell phone ping or picture. the truck makes me think GPS. i'm thinking he had a Garmin dealy GPS rather than OnStar, and i think he took his Garmin dealy out of truck before burning and put it in his new truck. i don't think he ever disabled it. i really don't think he thought he'd be caught. if he really really did, he would have destroyed pictures etc. i think he got rid of the truck only because they were looking for that truck. the rest he hung onto. JMO
Could he have had ez-pass (or whatever it's called in La), and if so, are there any tolls anywhere on the way to Whiskey Bay? EZ-Pass allows you to drive quickly through toll areas and in addition to automatically charging you the toll, records the time and date you passed.

Could he have had ez-pass (or whatever it's called in La), and if so, are there any tolls anywhere on the way to Whiskey Bay? EZ-Pass allows you to drive quickly through toll areas and in addition to automatically charging you the toll, records the time and date you passed.

There is nothing like that around here. I've never even seen a toll booth to tell the truth!

snipped for brevity:

Hard to believe! Is it possible LE was just keeping quite and began watching what he was doing?

I think that's exactly what they were doing. I recall reading an article that gave me the impression that they were watching him and had to hurry up and arrest him sooner than they wanted to because things were leaking out. I don't have a link so I could be wrong.

Finally, the answer to that age old question: what is Cajun net ?

http://youtu.be/Nhnr1mNLyIg

or the other definition:

http://youtu.be/Y7dGdrP3pms

:guitar::Banane48:genie: :razz: :Banane35::genie::Banane48::guitar:

It almost made me cry to listen to the older gentleman explaining his net business. You just so rarely hear that accent anymore! Reminds me of my PaPa and great uncles. I miss them, and I miss the way they spoke English!

I think that's exactly what they were doing. I recall reading an article that gave me the impression that they were watching him and had to hurry up and arrest him sooner than they wanted to because things were leaking out. I don't have a link so I could be wrong.
I was one of the ones (I'm assuming there were others) who called le and warned them that BSL's name had just been mentioned on another website. I told them that if he was their suspect he might see it and try to flee. He was arrested less than 24 hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne