LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lil behind in reading, but...always my assumption that either MS's bike or BSL's license plate is the 'Advertiser' 'Bertrand Drive' evidence.

I was under the impression when he said the plate he was referring to the actual license plate they were able to get from the burned truck... Even if completely burned they would still be able to read the plate number...
Jmo

I thought the poison oak was verified via MSM; has it morphed back into being mace-related injuries?

I think poison ivy was mentioned in MSM, yes, though I'm not sure the source was identified...? Maybe. But someone has pointed out earlier here that, with allergic dermatitis, "it all looks alike" -- the diagnosis likely would depend somewhat on the story that came in along with it.

I was under the impression when he said the plate he was referring to the actual license plate they were able to get from the burned truck... Even if completely burned they would still be able to read the plate number...
Jmo

Depends on whether the fire was hot at the back of the truck. I assume the gas tank went up and that makes a LOT of heat.

In my big fire here at the homestead in Nov., my plate collection was completely melted and destroyed. They turned into little blobs of aluminum on the floor of my shed. Plates are made of aluminum these days, which melts at a much lower temperature than steel.

If BL went to a hospital in TX, he may have paid his co-pay with a credit or debit card. That would show up to LE, without any HIPPA violations. At least, mine does.

It is not necessarily anyone related to the hospital. That would violate HIPAA regulations
Could be hotel workers, say front desk, maid ,landscaper, waitress or pool man. (for instance) FWIW.
moo

It's none of them.

There was a Tulane criminologist working on the case that stated she was known to carry a sharp object. That was after the box cutter rumor. There was speculation that she probably had a tool kit for her bicycle. The interview where the criminologist says is probably linked in the Fact Check thread.

Then again, some wondered whether the criminologist was not probably going on the word of the same people (I think maybe some folks at the search headquarters?) from which talk of a box-cutter on here came from originally.

Not meaning that those folks' word is not good ... . Just saying it's kind of "take your pick" -- she did carry one or didn't. (Makes sense to me that, if she did, some may have known and some may have not ... but JMO.)

Just a couple of random things I've been wondering about that aren't exactly tied to anything in particular. I've been playing catch up as well as reading older threads to compare what we knew then and now with what has been said by LE and others. Not particularly helpful, but definitely interesting, ya know?

Anyway, I saw mention of MS having a box cutter in her possession. Has that ever been verified? I could have sworn I read BW disputing that, that he didn't know of anything like that being carried by her. Is this one of those things that started as rumor and "became" truth?

Also, I was thinking about the videos that slowlybutshelley and I made back at the end of May of Mickey's possible routes, and how that relates to the video that the Daily Advertiser had. I saw someone ask how BSL could have gotten from St Landry Street to Bertrand (in front of the DA office) and from there to the Interstate, and it got me thinking that I inadvertently may have driven the same route -- from the St Landry Street extension to Coliseum Blvd to Souvenir Gate Rd to Cajundome Blvd to West Congress Street to Bertrand. I just rewatched the second video to make sure I was remembering the drive right. It also led me to thinking about the fact that I can't remember if LE narrowed down the area that whatever happened happened in -- I was thinking it was the area between Dean Street and Coliseum Road, where there's very little light, but is that wishful thinking on my part?

I know, I know, this is old old stuff that no one is probably interested in reading, so sorry. It was just something that was nibbling at the back of my mind, though. :)

Hi, I'm a newbie here, never posed here before til now. I know that route you are talking about by the back of my hand because the company I work for was across the street from Lourdes, we moved a little over a year ago closer to where the new Lourdes location is now. I did that exact route to go to work a lot, and when I went home that was the exact route I took including Cajun Dome BLVD and Bertrand, then to I-10. I would go to work at around 3am every morning, would see people jogging or someone riding a bike every now and then, spooky area now that Lourdes has moved. But yeah, that is what I felt is that MS was abducted possibly down that area closer to Blackum Coliseum since there is pretty much no one around to see.

Not sure if this was posted -
Former Miss Church Point Claire Higginbotham says she's been living in fear of Brandon Lavergne for the last 13 years. She refused to get a restraining because she was scared of retaliation.
http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-allegedly-stalked-former-miss-church-point/

That story really bothers me. CH is being so vague... IMO she needed to name a couple instances of stalking. Just his moving across the street could have many explanations. KATC put a big "stalking" headline up, but the article doesn't go far enough to justify the headline, speaking as an ex-newspaper editor. Either the reporter did a lame job, or CH refused to give more detail.

Either way, I am taking CH with a big grain of salt. There's a history there that has not been adequately explained. CH is going to play a big role in the Lisa Pate case, I predict. What role, I don't know.... but all roads lead to her back yard.

Jmo

I'm thinking it was reported there was no plate on the burned truck? No link, though.

That rings a bell. I think you're right.

He would have been the most stupid criminal ever if he drove his truck to Texas to torch it, and didnt bother to remove the license plate first. JMO

Hi, I'm a newbie here, never posed here before til now. I know that route you are talking about by the back of my hand because the company I work for was across the street from Lourdes, we moved a little over a year ago closer to where the new Lourdes location is now. I did that exact route to go to work a lot, and when I went home that was the exact route I took including Cajun Dome BLVD and Bertrand, then to I-10. I would go to work at around 3am every morning, would see people jogging or someone riding a bike every now and then, spooky area now that Lourdes has moved. But yeah, that is what I felt is that MS was abducted possibly down that area closer to Blackum Coliseum since there is pretty much no one around to see.

:welcome4:

Welcome to Websleuths, MonkeyShine!

wasn't there another person with the exact same name as BL that lives in Texas or LA? Could this person be the person with the name that could have visited the hospital in Texas?

He would have been the most stupid criminal ever if he drove his truck to Texas to torch it, and didnt bother to remove the license plate first. JMO

They probably found the plate when they searched his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3