LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That story really bothers me. CH is being so vague... IMO she needed to name a couple instances of stalking. Just his moving across the street could have many explanations. KATC put a big "stalking" headline up, but the article doesn't go far enough to justify the headline, speaking as an ex-newspaper editor. Either the reporter did a lame job, or CH refused to give more detail.

Either way, I am taking CH with a big grain of salt. There's a history there that has not been adequately explained. CH is going to play a big role in the Lisa Pate case, I predict. What role, I don't know.... but all roads lead to her back yard.

I agree with you about CH - she presents herself as being a victim, but IMO there is a lot she isn't explaining.

I'm not sure he thought they wouldn't trace it to him; he reported it as stolen. His goal was to destroy DNA, IMO, a more immediate goal which trumped having the truck checked out and linked to him.

I'm sure it crossed his mind to put a cinder block on the pedal and run it into a body of water. But in that case, it would likely eventually be found, and then it would be damning. So having it burned by a thief was the next best option.

May as well leave the plates on too, then.

Or the camera at The Advertiser??
There was no camera footage from the Advertiser. IMO
He went Coliseum to University, from either Congress or Eraste Landry.
To get to Bertran, assuming he took that route, would have meant Cajundome to Devalcourt to I-10, then I-49.
Few people from Lafayette would consider east Devalcourt, it's a side street which only runs from Bertrand to Coliseum.
IMO, University is straight shot to Lawtell-Swords area.
But the photo in question is not from Advertiser Devalcourt area.

There was no camera footage from the Advertiser. IMO
He went Coliseum to University, from either Congress or Eraste Landry.
To get to Bertran, assuming he took that route, would have meant Cajundome to Devalcourt to I-10, then I-49.
Few people from Lafayette would consider east Devalcourt, it's a side street which only runs from Bertrand to Coliseum.
IMO, University is straight shot to Lawtell-Swords area.
But the photo in question is not from Advertiser Devalcourt area.

It's been clearly stated that LE obtained footage from the Daily Advertiser. I went by and looked and at least two cameras point toward Bertrand.

Or the camera at The Advertiser??

Yes! I agree. I think that The Advertiser camera caught the tag and either blond hair through the truck window and/or a black bike in the bed of the DWT.

I'm just saying that the headline promised something that the story didn't deliver. Not trying to crucify her, either. I will say that I have read a lot of rumors attacking her, so she must be pretty controversial up in Church Point - fair or not.

Oh she's controversial alright, but for all the ones that hate her, there are just as many who love her. She is not Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm for sure and she has a past but she has a little girl and that is her top priority. As she says, "this is a horror story", a horror story that she's been living for 13 years. I don't know the ins and outs of her horror story and I don't pretend to, but just her association with BSL has apparently provided her with many problems none of us have ever had.

Yes! I agree. I think that The Advertiser camera caught the tag and either blond hair through the truck window and/or a black bike in the bed of the DWT.

Bringing back an old question - did any of the cameras on St. Landry capture his plate? Maybe - maybe not. The image of the hoopty car was pretty bad, and the LCG camera across from Circle K was at the wrong angle to get the plate.

Yes, the Advertiser possibly captured his plate.

Also, just to ensure that we don't restart an old carousel, Chief Craft said it happened between the intersection of St Landry & St Mary and Blackham Colliseum.

The italicized parts weren't his actual words, but listening to the interview, it's obvious that that's what he meant. We went 'round and 'round on this long ago.

Right, I know it had been discussed at length here, but I couldn't remember what was said/agreed on/whatever. I'm aware it was discussed "long ago" but my memory is short and I've had a pile of other crap to worry about (nothing as important as a missing family member, but important enough to me, ya know?).

I do appreciate you clarifying it, and reinforcing what I thought I was remembering. I'm aware, though, that my trying to remember it probably doesn't interest anyone except for me, and I'm okay with that. :seeya:

As SteveP said, taking the plate would give him a head start until the arson folks got the VIN.

And, if you wanna get really convoluted about it: when staging an auto theft -- you could think "well, the thief likely keeps a stolen plate on hand to put on any stolen vehicle to help deter detection ... then, should the thief feel compelled to torch it for some reason, he/she removes the bogus plate for next time"! :D

(not saying you or SteveP were being convoluted, chicken!)

Oh she's controversial alright, but for all the ones that hate her, there are just as many who love her. She is not Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm for sure and she has a past but she has a little girl and that is her top priority. As she says, "this is a horror story", a horror story that she's been living for 13 years. I don't know the ins and outs of her horror story and I don't pretend to, but just her association with BSL has apparently provided her with many problems none of us have ever had.

Well if you think about what she went through in '99..... was in a wreck, her friend killed, and then a body found in her back yard, and then watching someone who has pestered her be unsuccessfully grand-juried for murder two, and then be afraid of him, yes, it has been crazy for her.

(I know we're not supposed to sleuth the wreck - just mentioning it in context of CH's situation)

And, if you wanna get really convoluted about it: when staging an auto theft -- you could think "well, the thief likely keeps a stolen plate on hand to put on any stolen vehicle to help deter detection ... then, should the thief feel compelled to torch it for some reason, he/she removes the bogus plate for next time"! :D

(not saying you or SteveP were being convoluted, chicken!)

So be honest; how many cars HAVE you jacked?? Don't lie....

:angel:

I just wish we knew if she had testified in 2008 and had tried, at least, to get him put away. If she has knowledge that is useful now, she must have had it then, it would seem.

I just wish we knew if she had testified in 2008 and had tried, at least, to get him put away. If she has knowledge that is useful now, she must have had it then, it would seem.

That's the $64,000 question.

What did they have in '08 in the Pate grand jury, and what added piece in '12 changes it from murder two to murder one?

Had to have been in BSL's home. I can't draw any other reasonable conclusion, unless the D.A. thinks that proving the Shunick case will establish that he's a killer, adding enough guilt to make the Pate charge stick this time.

It's been clearly stated that LE obtained footage from the Daily Advertiser. I went by and looked and at least two cameras point toward Bertrand.
Where as it clearly stated? Why you'll you, a local, take Devalcourt? You are attacking & abducting a young woman who is fighting for her life. You are from a small town near Lafayette. You do not have the native's familiarity w/ the streets. You're in a panic. Are you thinking...let me see, what's the most tortuous route to Swords? Aaah, Cajundome to Devalcourt, behind the LSU hospital, before, what's that, the Abdalla building, it's dark, can I see the street sign? Ok, cajundome to Devalcourt to Bertrand to I-10 to??? Right to I-49 or continue down past I-10 to the dead end T?? Why go to Bertrand when University is a more direct route for a person just attacking & abducting a victim when the perp lives in Swords?
Who ever said the pic was from the Advertiser cameras? IMO I don't see that as a route a panicked perp would take.

Don't ever post when you're tired. Spelling & syntax.
I disagree CF. I don't remember it clearly being stated by LE that the pic was from the Advertiser, & not from a business on University. Remember the time stamp on the pic??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne