LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...the still was time stamped @ 0300 +- don't know how many minutes.
Dont know what happened to stills, but the Devalcourt route makes no sense if you're in a panic & not familiar w/ Lafayette streets. Devalcourt is not a regular route. BSL is from Swords, not Lafayette. I didn't even think the route made sense. I asked my hubs, a native, about it & he said 'huh?? Why take Devalcourt?' So I'm asking, why??
Why not Congress or Eraste Landry to University?? I've just never understood that route, & I don't remember anyone stating that the still was positively from the Advertiser. Even the parking lot looks different..jmo

As a courtesy to other posters, will you please explain just what in sam hill you are talking about? I have followed this case from the beginning and you have totally confused me. I am totally lost.

Please link your source for saying that BSL took Devalcourt. I have never heard anything like this.

PLease explain what "still" you are talking about.<Mod Snip>

I'm starting to think that you have seen that privately distributed photo, and confused it with the photo that was released from the Advertiser tape - I did see it once, when it came out - from the Advertiser tape on BERTRAND.

Either way, please explain what you are talking about, because if you have totally confused me, who has closely followed this case, then it's possible that you have totally confused others.

You are trying to convince people that BSL did not take Bertrand.

Please explain on what grounds you are calling out LPD for distributing false information.

Thank you.

Re-posting the link to the WS forum thread on BSL, since some have recently indicated they wanted to read.

I wonder if we are going to be able to see a "perp walk" on Friday?

Rest well friends. :eek:fftobed:

i too am hoping we get to see his arms and hands on Friday and possibly him walking in video rather than just a still shot.

i'm :eek:fftobed: as well

That goes back to what I was saying earlier though -- that, even to a medical eye, the rashes might look very alike -- and the diagnosis might depend partly on what the sufferer said: "Oh, I was doing yard work and not paying attention and just rubbed right up against a big old poison ivy vine" vs. "Oh, I was just minding my own business and some joker sprayed me with mace/pepper spray."

If a hospital-related source said "poison ivy", that's probably how they diagnosed it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's what it was!

Maybe they just are not as "sleuthy" as us, there at the hospital, LOL. (To be fair, they didn't have the "advantage", at the time, of knowing he was a murder suspect.)

I don't know which it was, of course -- both theories are interesting, though, IMO.

I know when I have gone to a doctor or hospital and told them my symptoms...they do tests, etc...or examine me, and they tell me what I have, they don't just agree with what I think I have. JMO of course.

I know when I have gone to a doctor or hospital and told them my symptoms...they do tests, etc...or examine me, and they tell me what I have, they don't just agree with what I think I have. JMO of course.

Well. they didn't with my husband. They just took his word for it. And treated him for what he said was the problem

I know that Mickey must have a lot of prayers being heard *up there* - we just need the angels to shine a light on her temporary resting place right now.:heart:

Please God help Tim Miller and all the searchers find this sweet beautiful girl today. :rose:

lunapic_134323802665354_20.gif
Amen.

Of course, that is the way it often happens.

But I don't think every time someone goes in with a rash -- especially if they are offering some explanation of what it is -- a lot of tests are run. Allergic dermatitis from one source can look very like allergic dermatitis from another source, and I just bet the attending professional would take into consideration (to whatever greater or lesser degree, depending on the circumstances) what the client was saying about the possible source when diagnosing.

But then I'm usually a really informed and assertive client and usually have "diagnosed" myself and "tell" them what's wrong by the time I seek medical attention (which is rare), so ... who can say?

:seeya:JMO me too!

I know BSL has two court-appointed lawyers at this time, but were they appointed before the intention to seek the death penalty was announced?

If so, I am wondering if they are "qualified" (I mean in the legal sense) to handle death-penalty cases?

In Georgia, we have a Capital Defender Office -- I am not exactly sure of how it functions -- whether sometimes attorneys from that office actually handle cases or whether they aid through consultation, etc., death-penalty-case-qualified attorneys already appointed through the local courts.

It looks to me like the Lousiana Capital Assistance Center might be similar, though:

http://www.thejusticecenter.org/lcac/about.html

What I'm wondering is if, at some point, there may be a change in BSL's representation, possibly connected with the entity I just linked.

Anyone have any idea?

Yes. MAYBE around the time he torched his truck in Texas?
MOO~ ???
His cast/bandages got wet from the acelerant he used and
it went up too! :floorlaugh:

sorry... I am in a "mad mood" :maddening:

It was said we would all be "shocked"...
I have heard that before...

This time we might REALLY be :eek:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Sorry I truly had to chuckle here. This was good.

We know on the 19th he had a hand injury as per the report which I would gather was from a knife wound.

It has been stated by one paper that there is a finger injury but no other verification came of this.

When I saw your post earlier this morning I loved the thinking out of the box with the finger injury. Your theory was possible. Just as the theory that he very well may of had another stroke of bad luck while in the process of torching a truck.

Soooooooo many possibilities lol

I think this is when I love Websleuths the most :giggle:

Still to catch up on the thread - been tangled up in the cajun net today - so forgive me...but I just have to bring this other young woman's early demise to the thread, because she may have had some link to BSL. She was from Church Point, died November 7, 2007, aged 24. From what I have gleaned, her death was drug-related, but she had been badly beaten. I feel it's worth looking into. If anyone knows more facts about this I hope they will say something. Just google her name and you will find links to a lot more *off the record* information.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=22798679

Well....all I can say is IMO I don't think so. And also I think bsl was still in jail then.

Jmo

I know BSL has two court-appointed lawyers at this time, but were they appointed before the intention to seek the death penalty was announced?

If so, I am wondering if they are "qualified" (I mean in the legal sense) to handle death-penalty cases?

In Georgia, we have a Capital Defender Office -- I am not exactly sure of how it functions -- whether sometimes attorneys from that office actually handle cases or whether they aid through consultation, etc., death-penalty-case-qualified attorneys already appointed through the local courts.

It looks to me like the Lousiana Capital Assistance Center might be similar, though:

http://www.thejusticecenter.org/lcac/about.html

What I'm wondering is if, at some point, there may be a change in BSL's representation, possibly connected with the entity I just linked.
"Lavergne’s case has been assigned to two veteran death-penalty attorneys from Acadia Parish, Burleigh Doga and Clay Lejeune, along with Elliot Brown from the office’s full-time staff."
http://theadvocate.com/home/3281915-77/tip-lead-to-arrest-in"
Anyone have any idea?

There's both, actually. The pic of the cleared DWT and hooptie were from the Louisiana Digital building (forgot which business had the camera but it's in that strip that LD is in), on University, but there was footage (unreleased) that came from the Daily Advertiser. It came much later -- I remember the disbelief that people had when it became known that yes, there was more footage LE now had.

Yes I recall being called out on this particular board with respect to additional footage. Then simply shook my head when it was made known. I truly don't think people understand how much our regular lives are recorded :)

Yes I recall being called out on this particular board with respect to additional footage. Then simply shook my head when it was made known. I truly don't think people understand how much our regular lives are recorded :)

really?

The sheriff in Winn Parish has a colorful history. Those with a propensity to do so could do some research on that particular character. Does not make me feel very comfortable. I stand my ground -- in my opinion the fact that he was at these places should not rule him out as a suspect if other evidence is found. But as it would be a big embarassment to L/E it may be the connections will never be made and indeed those who say he could never have committed a crime while locked up will be found to be correct. It was suspected that the Jennings murders were done by L/E. Could be that L/E just does not want to admit they trusted someone who should not have been trusted. This is my opinion only. However, I will add that working in the legal field I have written thousands of letters to adjusters for insurance companies describing the legal climate of Louisiana versus other jurisdictions. Louisiana is quite unique and its legal climate was always a challenge to negotiate in -- very different than any other state. With the personal knowledge of the inmates I have known serving time in Louisiana prisons -- I again state -- ANYTHING is possible.

Yes he does!! Related as well...

Have super night all :)

good night..... need some rest,,,

:countsheep:

Are those sheep, or DWTs driving all over Lafayette?

good night..... need some rest,,,

:countsheep:

Are those sheep, or DWTs driving all over Lafayette?

Ok pretty sure you guys r going nite nite now. I'm from the west, so my clock is different.
Sweet dreams all!
kkdj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members