LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And wow that the truck was captured at 3:25ish. That's an hour and a half in the area. I dont remember who posted it but the pulling behind the printer shop may not be too far off. the fact that the kidnapping charge and murder one charge are in the same jurisdiction shows that LE thinks Mickey was murdered in Laffy right? (Law is not my strong point so please correct me if this is not the case!) And I have heard from multiple locals about dogs catching scent around a printer. Does anyone know where this printer shop is located in relation to circle k and to daily advertiser?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Ok, CF, take the advertiser. However Devalcourt....? Why not Congress or Eraste Landry? Why Devalcourt. Isn't he trying to get away as fast as possible?
Anyway, this really is striving at wind.

It's her opinion, b/c it makes no sense to her. She cannot remember (jeez, what did 'fairest' say? ...ump-twenty threads ago), what she saw. Again, the route made no sense to her, & she respectfully disagreed, over & over. And, again, the parking lot doesn't look like the Advertiser. And someone did say that the stills from the Advertiser had not been released yet. And the cameras are at a different angle, if the other poster is too be remembered correctly.
She doesn't remember what SHE saw, but then, not everyone agreed w/ your pics, CF. everyone has had prob w/ pics. Especially Circle K.

And there's also been a problem with "news" articles being revised and reposted, making many of us think we've had some sort of catastrophic synaptic failure.

Now I'm really getting back to work..

He actually lived in Swords just off hwy190 west of Lawtell.I would think he'd go there rather than CP. JMO

He may have headed out of town on I10, gotten off in Butte laRose, gone north up a ways on P3-95, took his anger, rage and hatred out on poor Mickey,then ditched her, driven to Krotz Springs, crossed the bridge to State Road 975, followed it down to WB and then hit the road for NO. He may have gotten injured during his altercation with Mickey,or bit, or in a frenzy hurt his own hand and then self inflicted the wounds to himself.

ChickenFried- do you know if there are working cameras that tape at the visitors center in Butte LaRose?

There's another thing that's bothering me about this whole issue with where Mickey is. We know he got her somewhere around 2 a.m. We further know he showed up in New Orleans at a hospital around 10 p.m. We know it's roughly a 45 minute drive from Lafayete to Church Point taking back roads. We know it's about a 3 hour drive from Church Point to New Orleans. That leaves 16 hours unaccounted for.

I don't believe he would have brought her to his house. That would have put him driving in around 3 that morning. That's far too close to daylight in a rural community. Someone might have been up and seen something. He couldn't afford that. I also don't think he'd have risked traveling with her after daylight.

So, where on this route from Lafayette to Church Point could she be? I'm convinced there's some sort of unoccupied structure he's quite familiar with and that's where he took her. Looks to me, based on Google Maps, the best areas would be Hwy 95, or a road off of Hwy 95.

She has to be close to his house. It's the only thing that makes sense. In that 16 hours, he had to have time to commit the crime against her, clean himself and his truck, go home, shower, change and only God knows what else before leaving for New Orleans.

Nothing else makes any sense to me. Like I said, I think it's more simple than twisted. It just has to be.

Ok, CF, take the advertiser. However Devalcourt....? Why not Congress or Eraste Landry? Why Devalcourt. Isn't he trying to get away as fast as possible?
Anyway, this really is striving at wind.

I don't think anyone is claiming he took Devalcourt, just that we know he drove past it because he passed the Advertiser building. I haven't seen the shot that chicken fried saw from that footage, but I know it exists.

I know I saw the image that Miabella posted that showed a DWT, but I don't remember seeing if she posted where it came from -- is that the image you're referring to?

I'm not sure he would have gotten on I 10 with the bike in the back of his truck. There are a lot of State Police on I 10 looking to make drug busts. Is there a way to get there on backs roads?

Did they release the Bertrand pic to the public? Havent seen that one! Is that the same footage they were talking about that they took from the advertiser before his arrest?

BBM

This?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8118605&postcount=859"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32[/ame]

">>Early Thursday, Lafayette police officer Kyle Manceaux obtained surveillance video footage from The Daily Advertiser. The footage included views of Bertrand Drive between the hours of midnight and 4 a.m. on May 19. The police department would not confirm whether the footage was related to the arrest.<<
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...y-Shunick-case"

I don't recall stills being released, but I've been ridiculously busy at work.

Nt baiting anybody, CF. I've been posting for some time & you know that's not my style. I just:
Thought I remembered seeing another still that was not from Advertiser, &
Nothing would convince me that Devalcourt to Bertrand was th way he went, &
It doesn't look like Advertiser parking lot, anyway.

I go to bed early, CF. I don't do catch up. Why don't you post your questions again?
However, snark seems to be the style of a few posters here.
I realize we all disagree here, but sarcasm can stay at home, can't it? So can it's pathetic cousin, snarky.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or snarky. Just frustrated with info you brought to the thread that I haven't heard anywhere else, and then last night you answered other posters from before and after my questions, but didn't answer mine. You made several direct statements last night - such as that he was not on Bertrand. When you introduce info that no one else has heard, and state it as fact, it's not out of line for other posters to ask where you're getting your info.

And I just did post my questions AGAIN, an hour or so ago. If your policy is not to read back at all to see the response to your posts when you make assertions, then other posters are supposed to ask for clarification three times? So all the burden is on me, it seems. OK.

Asking again, for your convenience - where did you hear that he took Devalcourt? Where did you hear there was a timestamped photo of BSL on University? This is definitely at least the third time I'm asking you. You're the one who brought it up... you posted it... so I'm asking for clarification, that's all. TIA

:waitasec:

I personally remember seeing a still from the Advertiser footage - released a day or two BEFORE BSL's arrest, IIRc, and have searched all the WS threads this morning and can't find it. I'm thinking that I saw it on a local news report.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or snarky. Just frustrated with info you brought to the thread that I haven't heard anywhere else, and then last night you answered other posters from before and after my questions, but didn't answer mine. You made several direct statements last night - such as that he was not on Bertrand. When you introduce info that no one else has heard, and state it as fact, it's not out of line for other posters to ask where you're getting your info.

Asking again - where did you hear that he took Devalcourt? Where did you hear there was a timestamped photo of BSL on University? This is definitely at least the third time I'm asking you. You're the one who brought it up... you posted it... so I'm asking for clarification, that's all. TIA

:waitasec:

I personally remember seeing a still from the Advertiser footage - released a day or two BEFORE BSL's arrest, IIRc, and have searched all the WS threads this morning and can't find it. I'm thinking that I saw it on a local news report.

BBM

Hmm...please post link to information regarding a still. No one else seems to have seen it. I'd love to see it.

Or not...The pics have driven me bonkers, frankly.

But I'd like to see what LE has.

BBM

Hmm...please post link to information regarding a still. No one else seems to have seen it. I'd love to see it.

Or not...The pics have driven me bonkers, frankly.

But I'd like to see what LE has.

As I said, i can't find it. I've been looking for half an hour. I'm thinking I saw it on a local TV news report - maybe a day or so BEFORE BSL's arrest.

Very frustrating not to find it. As you know I have paid a lot of attention to the photos in this case, I remember very clearly thinking what a big break it was to have another photo. Now the photo has disappeared from the 'net :banghead:

I don't think anyone is claiming he took Devalcourt, just that we know he drove past it because he passed the Advertiser building. I haven't seen the shot that chicken fried saw from that footage, but I know it exists.

I know I saw the image that Miabella posted that showed a DWT, but I don't remember seeing if she posted where it came from -- is that the image you're referring to?

BBM

Donamena kept saying last night that the reason why BSL was NOT on Bertrand - her definitive statement - was that he would not have taken Devalcourt. I don't know who said he took Devalcourt, but that's the essence of Donamena's statements - she's said that BSL is not on the DA footage because he wouldn't have taken Devalcourt. See the circular pattern?

This is what has me so confused... and now starting to get so irritated.

Yes, the image Miabella posted is the one <modsnip> I referred to. On University at 3:25 a.m. Given to LE and NOT confirmed as the correct DWT, and not confirmed as BSL's.

BBM

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8083361&postcount=787"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30[/ame]

This pic?
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8081205&postcount=519"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30[/ame]

(I can't believe I'm looking at these pics again)

And wow that the truck was captured at 3:25ish. That's an hour and a half in the area. I dont remember who posted it but the pulling behind the printer shop may not be too far off. the fact that the kidnapping charge and murder one charge are in the same jurisdiction shows that LE thinks Mickey was murdered in Laffy right? (Law is not my strong point so please correct me if this is not the case!) And I have heard from multiple locals about dogs catching scent around a printer. Does anyone know where this printer shop is located in relation to circle k and to daily advertiser?

I was afraid of this.

The truck captured on University at 3:25 a.m. has NOT been IDed as BSL's.

It's her opinion, b/c it makes no sense to her. She cannot remember (jeez, what did 'fairest' say? ...ump-twenty threads ago), what she saw. Again, the route made no sense to her, & she respectfully disagreed, over & over. And, again, the parking lot doesn't look like the Advertiser. And someone did say that the stills from the Advertiser had not been released yet. And the cameras are at a different angle, if the other poster is too be remembered correctly.
She doesn't remember what SHE saw, but then, not everyone agreed w/ your pics, CF. everyone has had prob w/ pics. Especially Circle K.

Here we go again!

Who is "SHE?!"

What are we discussing?

Can you please state in clear, understandable terms what we have been arguing about since last night?

Am I to understand that you're stating as fact that BSL is not on the Daily Advertiser footage because of something that some other poster may or may not have remembered from 20-something threads ago?

You have to understand why I'm not letting go of this, and you can call me "snarky" or whatever.

I am in pursuit of facts in this case, not rumor.

You definitively stated last night that BSL is not on the Daily Advertiser footage. You maintained it.

You are directly contradicting LE.

I would like to know why, and where your information comes from.

I'm not sure he would have gotten on I 10 with the bike in the back of his truck. There are a lot of State Police on I 10 looking to make drug busts. Is there a way to get there on backs roads?

Didn't his truck bed have a cover? The bike and MS could have been under the bed cover.

And just to explain, so that I'm not accused of baiting:

<modsnip>

A poster here has a business <modsnip>, and found some surveillance footage of a white truck at about 3:25 a.m., heading north on University, not far south of I-10. Those stills were given to LE. They may have been passed to a couple WS members. They were never publicly released. They were never confirmed as being the correct truck. Remember how many DWTs there are in Lafayette.

What I do know is that LE released a still of what they confirmed as BSL's truck heading north on Bertrand at Devalcourt, taken from the Daily Advertiser building. I saw it myself.

I am taking LE at its word, and am frustrated at the continued insistence here that BSL was never on Bertrand.

Is there somewhere that the photo is available for viewing?

That's right. Those are the <modsnip> photos, posted by miabella, taken on N. University, northbound, not far south of I-10, about 3:25 a.m.

Those photos do NOT disprove that BSL's truck was found on the Daily Advertiser footage, northbound on Bertrand.

Also, those photos were NOT the ones shown by local news as being from the Advertiser.

I definitely saw once - and once only, a still from the Advertiser footage, I think a day or two BEFORE the arrest, I think on local TV news.

and now we circle back to the DWT. :banghead:

I just don't want settled fact, released by LE, upended by unfounded rumor, as has been happening here regarding the Advertiser footage since last night.

I agree:
:banghead::banghead::waitasec::maddening::furious::slap:

I was afraid of this.

The truck captured on University at 3:25 a.m. has NOT been IDed as BSL's.

Whoopsie, sorry. I thought you were speaking of the bertrand photo you said you saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member