LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't even worth arguing over. I've said my piece. I'm going to go do something productive.

Have a great day, folks.

Here we go again!

Who is "SHE?!"

What are we discussing?

Can you please state in clear, understandable terms what we have been arguing about since last night?

Am I to understand that you're stating as fact that BSL is not on the Daily Advertiser footage because of something that some other poster may or may not have remembered from 20-something threads ago?

You have to understand why I'm not letting go of this, and you can call me "snarky" or whatever.

I am in pursuit of facts in this case, not rumor.

You definitively stated last night that BSL is not on the Daily Advertiser footage. You maintained it.

You are directly contradicting LE.

I would like to know why, and where your information comes from.

Yes I was speaking to you donamena in those quotes and you responded back with she. Lol. 3rd person? I'm confused. And I dont care. I believe LE

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

That's right. Those are the <modsnip> photos, posted by miabella, taken on N. University, northbound, not far south of I-10, about 3:25 a.m.

Those photos do NOT disprove that BSL's truck was found on the Daily Advertiser footage, northbound on Bertrand.

Also, those photos were NOT the ones shown by local news as being from the Advertiser.

I definitely saw once - and once only, a still from the Advertiser footage, I think a day or two BEFORE the arrest, I think on local TV news.

--
Maybe you did. I have not recollection of it.

Why are you so sure he went straight home? He may have been heading out to Whiskey Bay on I-10.

BSL's home in Swords is a LONG distance from Bertrand Drive. His initial plan is haywire at this point, daylight is fast approaching. LE believes her bike was disposed of on the 19th. I think he hit I-10.

I'm not sure he would have gotten on I 10 with the bike in the back of his truck. There are a lot of State Police on I 10 looking to make drug busts. Is there a way to get there on backs roads?

Except for the fact that a bike in the back of the truck would not have raised any eyebrows at that time. No one knew Mickey was missing yet so that may not have been the same concern for him as it would be after she was reported missing.

I just don't want settled fact, released by LE, upended by unfounded rumor, as has been happening here regarding the Advertiser footage since last night.

I agree:
:banghead::banghead::waitasec::maddening::furious::slap:

I was reading all that as it unfolded last night, and honestly, I can't see what all the fuss was, or is, about. That was the point where I decided to close the laptop for the night.

I understand what you are saying and your frustration, but I think you missed the intent of the post when the poster started the comment (and I paraphrase) "My husband is from there and he said it would make any sense for him to take that route...."

I didn't see where she ever presented any of that as fact, and I certainly never saw her saying LE had released false information.

I think we all need to recognize that everyone's emotions, as well as frustrations, are on overdrive. It's really easy to get bogged down in arguing a completely moot point.

I just don't want settled fact, released by LE, upended by unfounded rumor, as has been happening here regarding the Advertiser footage since last night.

I agree:
:banghead::banghead::waitasec::maddening::furious::slap:

Do you have a link to the "settled fact, released by LE" in regards to the Advertiser footage. I haven't seen it. TIA

BBL

Donamena kept saying last night that the reason why BSL was NOT on Bertrand - her definitive statement - was that he would not have taken Devalcourt. I don't know who said he took Devalcourt, but that's the essence of Donamena's statements - she's said that BSL is not on the DA fottage because he wouldn't have taken Devalcourt. See the circular pattern?

Right, that's the point I was trying to make. I don't think anyone here said he took Devalcourt, so I didn't know why she was certain that someone said he had. I think we can safely say that he drove through that intersection since he was seen on the DA footage, but that's it.

Yes, the image Miabella posted is the one <modsnip> I referred to. On University at 3:25 a.m. Given to LE and NOT confirmed as the correct DWT, and not confirmed as BSL's.
Ah, okay then. I saw that one, just not anything from the DA footage. I imagine it must be pretty clear in implicating him if they're not releasing anything from it.

Many thanks for the links! I remember that first post, and I thought it was irritating that it wasn't clear WHERE EXACTLY the footage came from, and I think I must have stopped visiting obsessively right after that because I missed the <modsnip> description. <modsnip> (Just curious; I realize the DWT in that pic isn't confirmed as BSL's.)

Can I just say that I'm sorry for opening this can of worms again? I should have just tried to figure out stuff on my own. :blushing:

[/B]

--
Maybe you did. I have not recollection of it.

What I remember of the Advertiser I saw - likely on the local TV news:

It was of the right side of the truck, slightly from the rear. Truck was heading north, if it was from the DA building, as the news said it was. This was a day or two before BSL's arrest. Looked like Bertrand to me, after I checked it on Google Earth. Slightly elevated. You could see a little of the bed. Next time I went by the Advertiser building, I IDed the camera it likely came from - a "pod"-type camera just like the one at LCG across from Circle K, mounted about 10 feet up on the NW corner of the Advertiser building, facing Bertrand.

BBL -work to do.

I'm not sure he would have gotten on I 10 with the bike in the back of his truck. There are a lot of State Police on I 10 looking to make drug busts. Is there a way to get there on backs roads?

No-one would have been looking for the bike at that time and it would have been in the back of the truck and harder to see at 2AM, possibly covered.

But yes, he could have taken the old Breaux Bridge Hwy to BB then gone to Henderson. From there it is a bit difficult but not
impossible to bet to Butte LaRose with a truck.

I was reading all that as it unfolded last night, and honestly, I can't see what all the fuss was, or is, about. That was the point where I decided to close the laptop for the night.

I understand what you are saying and your frustration, but I think you missed the intent of the post when the poster started the comment (and I paraphrase) "My husband is from there and he said it would make any sense for him to take that route...."

I didn't see where she ever presented any of that as fact, and I certainly never saw her saying LE had released false information.

I think we all need to recognize that everyone's emotions, as well as frustrations, are on overdrive. It's really easy to get bogged down in arguing a completely moot point.

I concur. It's also important to recognize we have different posting styles. Some more concise than others. Most people won't take a post as fact unless there's a link.

As I said, i can't find it. I've been looking for half an hour. I'm thinking I saw it on a local TV news report - maybe a day or so BEFORE BSL's arrest.

Very frustrating not to find it. As you know I have paid a lot of attention to the photos in this case, I remember very clearly thinking what a big break it was to have another photo. Now the photo has disappeared from the 'net :banghead:

Do you recall seeing anything of importance?

I'm not sure he thought they wouldn't trace it to him; he reported it as stolen. His goal was to destroy DNA, IMO, a more immediate goal which trumped having the truck checked out and linked to him.

I'm sure it crossed his mind to put a cinder block on the pedal and run it into a body of water. But in that case, it would likely eventually be found, and then it would be damning. So having it burned by a thief was the next best option.

ETA; The safest option may have been just to keep driving it..... except for his wounds that were noticed by others. I bet he didn't plan on that spotlight. The wounds ruined his chances of getting away with it.

I had found this article a many weeks ago in a Texas Newspaper. It was an article about the burned truck before it had become known that this was the truck in question in the MS case. Very interesting that BSL did not bother to report the truck missing asap.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/deer...cle_462909e8-1432-5cf6-8115-1c0a43f33e98.html

There was no camera footage from the Advertiser. IMO
He went Coliseum to University, from either Congress or Eraste Landry.
To get to Bertran, assuming he took that route, would have meant Cajundome to Devalcourt to I-10, then I-49.
Few people from Lafayette would consider east Devalcourt, it's a side street which only runs from Bertrand to Coliseum.
IMO, University is straight shot to Lawtell-Swords area.
But the photo in question is not from Advertiser Devalcourt area.

BBM

Can I try to help out with the mis-communication here?

I think the statement that there is no camera footage from the Advertiser is what got our feathers ruffled. Even though you added IMO, the news outlets did state that LE picked up footage from the DA the morning BSL was arrested. So, it is fact that this happened. I am pretty sure one of our posters here that works at the DA verified this.

I think the main question here is the statement "the photo in question is not from Advertiser Devalcourt area." What photo are you referring to?

Also, I have lived here my entire life (I am 33). If I were trying to get to I-10 from Coliseum, I would have gone to Souvenir Gate, to Cajundome Blvd., taken a left at Congress, then turned right to Bertrand to get to I-10. I would NEVER even consider Devalcourt. I know the road, but it is a back road, and I doubt people that are not from here would even know about it. JMO

What I remember of the Advertiser I saw - likely on the local TV news:

It was of the right side of the truck, slightly from the rear. Truck was heading north, if it was from the DA building, as the news said it was. This was a day or two before BSL's arrest. Looked like Bertrand to me, after I checked it on Google Earth. Slightly elevated. You could see a little of the bed. Next time I went by the Advertiser building, I IDed the camera it likely came from - a "pod"-type camera just like the one at LCG across from Circle K, mounted about 10 feet up on the NW corner of the Advertiser building, facing Bertrand.

BBL -work to do.

I'm mad that I didn't get to see that pic. I'm guessing it was aired only once then quickly vanished because LE didn't want him to see it before his arrest? The Advertiser must have included it in a news report 2 days or so before th arrest. Then LE went over there to review all film and found what they have. I guess they figured out a way to keep it from resurfacing because they want it locked down like the rest of their evidence.

this is my guess. what i don't understand is the way they made the advertiser footage seem so telling, but if they released a still of it and we didn't get wind of it on WS or anywhere, then it must not have been that telling (no bike or license plate)??

Okay, FWIW, I found a post here that links to a news article stating that LE has video from the Daily Advertiser.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8131997&postcount=928"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34[/ame]

Here's the link to the news article:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...e-Mickey-Shunick-case?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

Copypasta from the article:

Early Thursday, Lafayette police officer Kyle Manceaux obtained surveillance video footage from The Daily Advertiser. The footage included views of Bertrand Drive between the hours of midnight and 4 a.m. on May 19. The police department would not confirm whether the footage was related to the arrest.

I thought it was confirmed after BSL was arrested that the footage was, in fact, related, but I'm having trouble tracking that info down so far.

Unless he got rid of Mickey closer to Laffy...he would have had her in the car and the bike....so maybe he did take the back roads?

There's also the one at the foot of the Causeway bridge in Mandeville, going into New Orleans. I used to work or a company whose office was in Metairie. Depending on time of day and traffic, coming from Baton Rouge, I would often take I-12 to Mandeville an o this route instead of I-10. JMO
there's a BIG toll "booth" in NOLA after crossing the Mississippi River Bridge. it's to go onto the Westbank. If you are going to Algiers or Ochsner on the Westbank or Plaquemines Parish - I think is that way, you have to go through a big toll. I'm not saying he went through that toll, but there is one there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3