LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was from an unverified poster who claimed to have knowledge of it, but it got deleted. Many of us saw it. She did post again, yesterday morning, I believe, that she had passed the info on to LE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
I'm sorry but I don't know what this is in reference to?

Sorry, that was in response to someone who asked of it was reported that BSL had gone to another town before going to hospital.

Before I started work, I just did some more searching for the still of the Daily Advertiser footage. I can't find it. At this point, I won't clutter up the thread with arguing anymore - I'll make some calls to the Advertiser and see if I can clarify it.

Sorry if Donamena feels attacked. I didn't mean it that way. I don't do personal attacks; I sleuth facts, and do ask pointed, specific questions, in service of sleuthing.

As I said, she got me so totally confused last night - I mean CONFUSED! She was talking about photos on University, but I couldn't understand from her comments which photos, she was referring to, and then she said that BSL never took Bertrand, and that instead he took University, and stood on that, and was using some photo she had seen from University as evidence. I wanted to know why, in case she had inside info that I had missed. My questions to her have not been personal in nature - they have been forensic in nature, and so if that has been misunderstood, I apologize.

The bolded part in Donamena's comment above, reposted by CajunCoDe, is what totally threw me. Thank you for reposting it, CajunCoDe - you hit the nail on the head. I started asking Donamena for answers and didn't get them last night, so I asked again this morning, specifically so that other posters wouldn't get as confused by last night's statements as I was.

There has been no known footage released per LE from the Advertiser of the freaking DWT.

Whether someone agrees with a posters theory or not does not matter. It is their opinion. Nothing more nothing less.

There are many locals here that as well know the area and have stated certain routes the DWT took makes no sense to them as locals.

Since we really don't know the path the stupid DWT took, where he was headed, everyone could be right if he drove around for hours, or everyone could be wrong.

Time to move past it.

Man my head is spinning again.

Hate to dip my toe into this rushing muddy river...but:
didn't they say that they believe that he was driving all over this area possibly trolling for a victom? So you could ALL be correct. I know that the ultimate goal of this discussion is to figure out which direction he headed off to with Mickey so that we can find her. Let's re-center our motivation. All input is valuable. Lots if love, let's figure this out!

BBM
Who is "they"? Are you saying that LE has stated this?

BBM

Yeah. LE said something to that effect. Check the q/a after the press conference in the media and timeline thread.

I had found this article a many weeks ago in a Texas Newspaper. It was an article about the burned truck before it had become known that this was the truck in question in the MS case. Very interesting that BSL did not bother to report the truck missing asap.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/deer...cle_462909e8-1432-5cf6-8115-1c0a43f33e98.html

BBM
I don't think he originally intended to report it missing... It wasn't until the surveillance stills were released showing the dwt, and then shortly thereafter he ditched/burned the truck and made the report...
Jmo

BBM
I don't think he originally intended to report it missing... It wasn't until the surveillance stills were released showing the dwt, and then shortly thereafter he ditched/burned the truck and made the report...
Jmo

Heidi that's not the right truck :)

BBM

This was said in the presser after his arrest. The link is on Bessie's first post. I apologize for not being able to link. If you have trouble finding it then maybe I can type it out.

Heidi that's not the right truck :)

Yah... My comment was in reference to what I bolded... If u want to only reply or comment to a specific part of a post you can either snip it or bold it... Probably should've snipped it to avoid confusion...

I tried to post earlier today and it went "poof". I was one of the first to apply for a TWIC when it was made mandatory for going to docks servicing offshore drilling. I doubt he would be allowed to work offshore without one. You even need one just to enter most docks in Fourchon, Venice, etc. The card has a dime sized "chip" on the front side. The cajun net says it might be possible to track your exact location using GPS. Don't know if that's possible.

On another note concerning his routes the night of the crime. If he had any knowledge of the area he could have taken a "back way" to NOLA. A lot of offshore workers take Hwy. 90 to go to Venice via 90(NOLA). Ochsners is located right off of 90(Westbank Expressway).

Let me tell you why this may be. In the past there were two "clubs" located on Prarie Hwy(Lake Martin Road). It was known to have some rowdy individuals patronize them. Reason being, if he knew the area because of the clubs, he might have known the back way to 90. Once on Lake Martin Road( a very remote location with woods on both sides of the road-a woman was found dead at Lake Martin within the year I think killed by her own daughters) take Prairie Hwy. to S.M., to Loreauville, to 90, to NOLA.JMO :twocents:

Nt baiting anybody, CF. I've been posting for some time & you know that's not my style. I just:
Thought I remembered seeing another still that was not from Advertiser, &
Nothing would convince me that Devalcourt to Bertrand was th way he went, &
It doesn't look like Advertiser parking lot, anyway.

I go to bed early, CF. I don't do catch up. Why don't you post your questions again?
However, snark seems to be the style of a few posters here.
I realize we all disagree here, but sarcasm can stay at home, can't it? So can it's pathetic cousin, snarky.

I think this was all just a misunderstanding. It sounds to me, like you did not know that there was footage from the Advertiser on Bertrand. There was, that is fact. Maybe you just missed that. The way you posted, was like you didn't believe that to be so. Chicken got all in a tizzy thinking you were accusing LE of lying about it. The only "stills" that were released are the same ones we've been over and over, no, they weren't from the Advertiser--only this "new" footage. Hope that clears that up.

Fwiw, I will never look at ANY dwt the same EVER again. I will forever hate them. Grrrr.

If anyone ever hears me state I am going to purchase a DWT please pluck my feathers, cut off my head, and send me back to my asylum :giggle:

I tried to post earlier today and it went "poof". I was one of the first to apply for a TWIC when it was made mandatory for going to docks servicing offshore drilling. I doubt he would be allowed to work offshore without one. You even need one just to enter most docks in Fourchon, Venice, etc. The card has a dime sized "chip" on the front side. The cajun net says it might be possible to track your exact location using GPS. Don't know if that's possible.

On another note concerning his routes the night of the crime. If he had any knowledge of the area he could have taken a "back way" to NOLA. A lot of offshore workers take Hwy. 90 to go to Venice via 90(NOLA). Ochsners is located right off of 90(Westbank Expressway).

Let me tell you why this may be. In the past there were two "clubs" located on Prarie Hwy(Lake Martin Road). It was known to have some rowdy individuals patronize them. Reason being, if he knew the area because of the clubs, he might have known the back way to 90. Once on Lake Martin Road( a very remote location with woods on both sides of the road-a woman was found dead at Lake Martin within the year I think killed by her own daughters) take Prairie Hwy. to S.M., to Loreauville, to 90, to NOLA.JMO :twocents:

You have to submit your fingerprints and submit to a background check. I don't know how much of a criminal record one can have and still be approved.

It was from an unverified poster who claimed to have knowledge of it, but it got deleted. Many of us saw it. She did post again, yesterday morning, I believe, that she had passed the info on to LE.

WHAT was?

What is IT?

Who is SHE?

WHAT INFO????!

AAHHHHHHHRRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!1ELEVENTY!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Folks, please, it's starting to drive me crazy(er).
This habit of responding to people without giving context to others is a bad habit we all fall into.

Posts can be separated from each other by quite a few other posts.

Please :please: start quoting comments, for the sake of my sanity.

The threads are becoming seriously unreadable!

(Not picking on you, SteveP! I logged back in and the first comment I saw - yours - made no sense - I've gone back a bit to try to understand your context, and I must be missing it!!)

ETA: - SteveP, I just saw your response. I went looking backward from your comment, and didn't look forward for your clarification. Thanks!

Sorry folks, but I must take a break for a while. I think someone on here has a very similar name to mine - mamakat - and it's causing confusion. Also, I am getting increasingly frustrated at the tons of posts here that appear to have little to do with actually figuring out where sweet Michaela Shunick may be.

I will continue to do my own sleuthing, and if I come up with anything I feel is important, I will post it - but until then, I bid you all adieu.

:rose: Bring Mickey Home :rose:

Bring Mickey Shunick Home Now (IndieGoGo Video) - YouTube

LOL same issue here, so I changed my name :)

I took a quick break to call The Daily Advertiser about the footage taken from their building.

I asked if they had released a still, and they said, "absolutely not."

I asked if maybe it was leaked by someone - LE - or otherwise - to a local TV station, and they said they'd ask around.

I can swear I saw it. And if you recall, the only officially released photo of any DWT from the right side was the one across from Circle K, behind Mickey.

The photo I remember seeing was taken from the right side. It is possible that someone cropped one of Miabella's 3:25a photos, taken on N. University, linked a page or two back, and presented it here as the Advertiser footage, or I misremembered it, because those photos were from the right side.

I still think I saw it on TV.

Until there is clarification, I'm going to drop it, because I don't want to sow rumor or confusion.

If I mis-saw it, I sincerely apologize.

I hang out at a lot of gun shows and if I am not mistaken, true mace isn't used much anymore, if at all, because it was discovered to be toxic. I'm not even sure that real mace is even manufactured anymore. Most every personal protection spray available today is oleoresin capsicum, good old pepper spray. It's effective and not toxic in the long run. Even LE uses pepper spray, though it is available to them in stronger concentrates than it is to the general public. It's all come to be called mace, but it really isn't at all. I'm pretty sure what Mickey had was pepper spray.

In regards to the question if pepper spray or mace causes a rash possibly similar to poison ivy or oak, in my experience it does. I was at my mothers house when her land lord was bombarded and search by narcotic police and one of the officers sprayed my dog and I wasn't aware of it until I pet him and my hands and eyes started burning after I had pick up my 2 yr old at the time and her entire leg welped up. I don't know exactly what the officer used but it strong enough to transfer from the dog to me then to my daughter. This was 8 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne