LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm out, cub scouts! I'm not even making sense anymore and really have nothing more of substance to add.

Good night to all, and maybe we will all have more answers tomorrow. I have had this hope every night since May 20th, but maybe tomorrow is the day Mickey will be found!

You are all such respectable people. Thank you for having me.

Nite, GT!

I don't really mind directing people back to the first page of the thread. We ran out of new info a dozen threads back, so we're all rehashing the same stuff, looking at it from different angles.

Some folks pop in on their lunch break and don't have hours to read.

It's probably just me, but I'm OK with questions.

I couldn't agree more... Of course, posters should be able to ask questions. And to jump off your post, moo, these past couple of days posters have been very demanding and even bossy at times... I know of two posters who have decided to leave the boards because of it... Telling other posters go back and read or demand they answer your questions is telling a poster what to do... How do we know what they've read and not read? Honestly, posts get deleted on this thread left and right... And many of the questions asked today stemmed from the confusion that these deleted posts caused.
Jmo

Is there any way to check about fires reported in the area that night?

Has to be. Don't all municipalities keep records of that stuff.

OTOH, if it was out in the woods (woods?) - and I hate typing this - in a barrel or something, it might not have been reportable.

I have a question....more of a thought, I guess. When he filed to have himself taken off the rso registry, did he actually do it himself? Or could his legal representation have filed it on his behalf?

could that be where he kept his momentos? in a weather proof safe of some sort under his trailer? but that wouldn't cause him to need to change the skirting, would it?

I had the same idea. And yes, you're right. Wasn't it the neighbor who said she saw him replace the skirting on the trailer? Maybe she THOUGHT he was replacing it but he just removed sections to get under there and put the same skirting back when he was done? Hmmmm.

I don't know if we ever posted when he went offshore and when he came back from offshore, but I am 100% positive I read early in this thread that on May 22nd Woods Group brought their people in early from offshore because of threatening weather. Now, I think it was from someone whose husband worked with Woods Group offshore. I cannot prove that. I am wondering if there WAS threatening weather offshore during that time......it would make a big difference to this case whether or not he was offshore or onshore during that period of time and is something only other people who worked offshore on the same hitch BSL did would know if they got called in early or went out late or whatever. I would like to know this.

I have a question....more of a thought, I guess. When he filed to have himself taken off the rso registry, did he actually do it himself? Or could his legal representation have filed it on his behalf?

I don't know the answer to your most excellent question, but do think it possible that his legal counsel could have filed the papers for him. :twocents:

I couldn't agree more... Of course, posters should be able to ask questions. And to jump off your post, moo, these past couple of days posters have been very demanding and even bossy at times... I know of two posters who have decided to leave the boards because of it... Telling other posters go back and read or demand they answer your questions is telling a poster what to do... How do we know what they've read and not read? Honestly, posts get deleted on this thread left and right... And many of the questions asked today stemmed from the confusion that these deleted posts caused.
Jmo

I agree. I, like many of you, have followed this from the beginning of thread one, but we have to realize not everyone has. People come along at different points, and it is almost impossible to read everything that is on these threads. I know that a lot of pertinent info is available at the top of each thread's first page, but I also know not everyone reads that. And we dont all have teh same amount of free time to sit and peruse these threads, but still want to follow and contribute. Finally, I think most of us, if we post at all, have probably at one time or another asked a question that we can have dug and found the answer to. I Know that I have. If I know an answer, I will gladly give it to someone who asks. We need everyone we have here. JMO

[/B]

His truck was burned/found in San Jacinto county and reported stolen in Montgomery county.

What bothers me about this mechanic gig is his access to vehicles. I wonder if he ever just hopped in another vehicle to get some parts.....hmmmmmmm

BBM - how did he work at Power house compression services from 2006-2008????? Another hmmmmmmmmm since he wasn't released from prison until 2008.

Service Mechanic
Power House Compression Services
2006 – 2008 (2 years) Broussard La.

Mechanic
State of Louisiana
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Government Administration industry
February 2000 – August 2006 (6 years 7 months)

Yeah, that's what 60 miles from the prison?

I had the same idea. And yes, you're right. Wasn't it the neighbor who said she saw him replace the skirting on the trailer? Maybe she THOUGHT he was replacing it but he just removed sections to get under there and put the same skirting back when he was done? Hmmmm.

I also think his neighbor was an older woman, so it would be very reasonable for her to mistake the two.

However, that's a pretty odd place to hide your mementos.
My guess is that wasn't where, only because he had kept his "valuables" somewhere the entire time he was in prison, and that was before he even had that trailer. If he had something of Lisas which I'm sure he DID and that is why the charges were even brought against him for her, it would have had to have been there for over a decade, and he hasn't had that trailer for very long.

I found this today while doing some searching. Don't know if its ever been posted or not. Gives a little bit of timeline of his military and work history. Notice the time from 2006-2008.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/brandon-lavergne/41/4a8/844?trk=pub-pbmap

Interesting stuff on his LinkedIn page. Interesting to see that Steve Bajat, who is the lead detective on the MS case viewed his page, also curious why an attorney at PR would go and look...if I am reading it right.

Also, I would be curious to know if BSL ever participated in a work release program while he was incarcerated. Sith all of the prison overcrowding there are many programs like that for inmates.

I don't know if we ever posted when he went offshore and when he came back from offshore, but I am 100% positive I read early in this thread that on May 22nd Woods Group brought their people in early from offshore because of threatening weather. Now, I think it was from someone whose husband worked with Woods Group offshore. I cannot prove that. I am wondering if there WAS threatening weather offshore during that time......it would make a big difference to this case whether or not he was offshore or onshore during that period of time and is something only other people who worked offshore on the same hitch BSL did would know if they got called in early or went out late or whatever. I would like to know this.

I wonder if the surgery on his hand prevented him from working. Maybe he took time off.

Don't anyone get your feelings hurt. In as much as it pains me to say, some of these threads go on for months...years...

It's hard for everyone to stay on the same page with information and posts but let's be honest, we're all we've got. Think of the poor Mods dealing all the threads with sleuthers hitting walls and earnestly trying to be helpful.

That's what I always try to keep in the front of my addled brain, everyone is here to help. Some people are more gifted than others in locating information and always the locals are amazing providing pictures and info.

Just exhale. Keep Mickey in your thoughts and be patient with each other. I swear we are all doing the best we can and remember only a handful of us can be crazy at a time. :fence:

Jmo

These Mickey Shunick threads have gotten a little tense from time to time. I think a lot of it's frustration.

And you're right about stuff getting vaporized or revised. News media included.

I went away for a while because I felt like I was beating a dead horse ( and the truck talk would *not* end) and I was absorbed with the Sandusky thing. Today there was another anouncement in that case. It's never ending.

i see where Linked In has a brandon lavergne as a lube technician at Mike Calvert Toyota in Houston, Texas. That is on the south loop. I wonder if that is the right BSL and when he worked in Houston. Detectives will have retired by the time this case is over.

Interesting stuff on his LinkedIn page. Interesting to see that Steve Bajat, who is the lead detective on the MS case viewed his page, also curious why an attorney at PR would go and look...if I am reading it right.

Also, I would be curious to know if BSL ever participated in a work release program while he was incarcerated. Sith all of the prison overcrowding there are many programs like that for inmates.

On the linkin page , I think I am reading it wrong. Does it mean that people who were interested in BSL also read the other profiles? like Bajat?

Yikes! Thanks for reminding me of the 'recently viewed' list.

I do NOT wanna end up there. (if I'm there, please tell me - no don't tell me- if I go look for myself, then I'll *definitely* be there. Crap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx