LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me wonder about a good Samaritan too. Someone else bigger than MS that inflicted the injuries to BSL. Are there any men missing from that night that BSL might have had to hide along w/MS? Might explain the need to steal 2 pressure washers (if he was the one that stole them). Cleaning up after 2 victims? No way to completely get his truck clean so he torched it?

Totally MOO , just thinking out loud.

I was just going to post the same question...anyone missing or found with stab wounds?

It is at least possible he got into a fight that Saturday, rather than being "mugged." It could be unrelated to Mickey.

I believe the speculation with that theory is that the good samaratian is no longer with us.

So while he's running Mickey's bike down, trying to subdue and kidnap her, another person comes up and tries to help by stabbing BSL- and BSL manages to keep Mickey where he wants her while fighting his attacker then kills the good samaritan, all while leaving no evidence on Mickey's route home... and it just so happens this good samaritan has no-one to report him/her missing?

No disrespect intended, but that -to me- is a stretch. Jmo

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

So while he's running Mickey's bike down, trying to subdue and kidnap her, another person comes up and tries to help by stabbing BSL- and BSL manages to keep Mickey where he wants her while fighting his attacker then kills the good samaritan, all while leaving no evidence on Mickey's route home... and it just so happens this good samaritan has no-one to report him/her missing?

I agree. I do not think it likely that someone jumped in to help.
I think Mickey sprayed him with mace and defended herself. I honestly think that tiny girl cut him up.

Didn't Chicken say he saw a place in the woods near
Whiskey bay where it looked like a homeless person was living/sleeping?
Did LE speak to any homeless people?
Could one be missing and no one know?

eta: my $ is on Mickey... but stranger things have happened...

I agree after reading all the posts here that he may have been watching Mickey for some time. If he reported to work off of Ambassador caffery , had property near Duson, he may have seen Mickey riding her bike on various occasions and stalked her? just my opinion

I am still of the opinion that Mickey was an unfortunate victim, random, not chosen or stalked. I do believe BL was on the prowl, but not specifically.

As far as her work being near his land and/or home, it seems the degrees of separation in the area are very small. I mean look how many people have logged on here to say they know BL, or have met him, or knows someone who knows him, etc...

I have seen this theory tossed around a few times now, but I find it very difficult to believe that if someone had intervened at some point, we would not have heard from them....JMO

I agree. But after reading similar thoughts from others got me thinking another way.

What if he had another victim with him? Mickey defends herself from the front while another victim attacks from behind?

Maybe just a crazy thought.

The only way I see that someone could have tried to help and gotten killed is a homeless person camped at wb. If that did happen it seems there would be lots more evidence left at wb. Another body to dispose of and blood. Possible it happened that way but my money is on Mickey, too.

Doesn't have to have happened on the street. Maybe happened where ever he took her. Someone may have come upon him and interrupted. He said he'd been "mugged". Could someone have been down at WB and tried to help MS, if he took her there? Maybe someone has been reported missing and a connection hasn't been made yet. Homeless people and those living "off the grid" don't always have someone who knows their where abouts. (and no, I'm not saying a homeless person would live at WB - I understand it's quite remote).

Just expressing thoughts. MOO

That was discussed when there was talk of a possible witness, that maybe BSL wasn't aware of, to place him at Whiskey Bay. I personally have been to Whiskey Bay. I cannot, for the life of me, imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever stay down there overnight. Even homeless people can find better spots. It's pitch dark at night. There are 14ft long gators that call Whiskey Bay home. Its a loud overpass, that is traveled a lot. Chicken said he saw a place with old clothing and some trash. There's been times I have thrown out t-shirts after fishing cause they're nasty and smell like fish. I think its more likely that you have messy fishermen. Again, jmo.

I'm about to head to bed, but I'm gonna say something that's kind of delicate and I'll try to word it nicely.

If BSL's did rape Mickey and was possibly busy(kwim)and not paying a lot of attention. I could see how she could stab him in the back a few times. If Mickey got her hands on her or his knife, and BSL was laying on top of her, she could wrap her legs around him and easily stab him in the back IMO. We know she had strong legs from biking and horse back riding. I believe she could of locked him up with her legs and went to town on his back. Especially if he turned his torso, that would make it even easier. And I hope she did. JMO

/Please alert if this is inappropriate. Night all.

I agree after reading all the posts here that he may have been watching Mickey for some time. If he reported to work off of Ambassador caffery , had property near Duson, he may have seen Mickey riding her bike on various occasions and stalked her? just my opinion

I feel so. I know her old profile was private but her work was still listed to public . If you even knew the name of someone it'd be easy to look them up and in a way stalk them if you could even so much as see where they worked.

The reason I feel he had seen her before is, should we say all of the women's things he had were "wrong place wrong time" or they accidently lost something that bsl found, or did he purposely try getting something of each of these women as some sort of motivation to get them at some time?
I thought she was in the wrong place at the wrong time when the story first began. But after hearing his past along with items he had, I think he planned things out.

I heard that along the river there was a lot of homeless people the search teams had to wait for law enforcement to clear the area before they could search ... Idk how true this is though

They must have absolute proof that he murdered her.
What can that be without a body? Did they have this evidence before the arrest or after the house search?
Was he first arrested for a problem with RSO status and later charged with murder one?
They probably have his truck and plates on video, maybe even with her in the truck. That is a nail in his coffin but ot enough for murder one. Finding his DNA at wb or on the bike would be big as far as evidence goes but not enough to prove murder one.

i remember craft saying something like because of the kidnapping, it's automatically murder 1. this must be what he meant (except BSL had intent)

Special Circumstances: During the commission of a certain class of felony (varies between jurisdiction), someone is killed by the perpetrator of the felony, but without any intent to kill. Also referred to as Felony Murder Rule, if you commit murder while committing a felony, it is 1st Degree Murder.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_different_types_of_murder_charges#ixzz22ASjcLyB

I believe the speculation with that theory is that the good samaratian is no longer with us.

Yeah, I get where the thought train is going on that, but I just cant jump on that train....that is just too much of a stretch for me. Even if the good samaritan was no longer with us, we most likely would have another missing person. Yeah, I know, could be a homeless person, but I just think we are really grasping to make that leap. JMO

I heard that along the river there was a lot of homeless people the search teams had to wait for law enforcement to clear the area before they could search ... Idk how true this is though

during a search today?

Only speaking from my experience, I personally have never seen a homeless person at WB.... and I have been there quite a few times. My husband and I actually went there about a month ago- him to fish... me, to pretend to fish and get a good look around.

The rash could have been from caustic materials (some chemical) that he used to hasten the deterioration of the body or to keep it from being attractive to vultures, etc.

MOO is that the only stalking of Mickey that BSL did was that night in question. I think he happened upon her earlier on in her route, probably took a circuitous route, circling around her, trying to keep tabs on where she was, closing in slowly but surely until he thought he had the right time and the right place. I don't think it's a case of him having stalked her for days, weeks or months, learning her routines. I think BSL is too impulsive for that type of crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub