Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Venice is located in Plaquemine parish; possibly the police placed a device on his truck when he went out on his last hitch offshore.

I think they did. When they arrested him, they must have known exactly where he was and where to go to stop him

I agree. They should look at the mental history of his birth parents.
And people that might have influenced him as a child.
Seems to me that nature and nurture could play a part.

Perhaps there was a reason, a good reason, that the birth mother did not want anything to do with him.

I think they did. When they arrested him, they must have known exactly where he was and where to go to stop him

They probably did so in hopes that (since they were watching him a while before arrested) he would return to her bodys location, or if he hadn't already dumped her, would after the device was placed.

Gruesome thoughts below-read at your own risk.

Okay, now that you opened that can of worms...BSL had an uncle who was murdered in 1999 who was a butcher. In some pictures of a house there were some saws that may have been his dads in a workshop or may have been the uncles from the butcher shop. No-one seems to know if BSL hunted ( any gun cabinets in the house pics?) If he did they may have but here'd there own meat. Even if they didn't hunt or butcher their own catch, watching his uncle may have taught him a lot. Which brings me to wonder if maybe he had a portable saw in his tool box and dismembered poor Mickey and put her in a weighted duffle back in a bayou somewhere. :(

Also, iirc from earlier posts, there was a friend or relative that operated a meat processing plant in Spring, TX.

One thing that stands out to me about court documents filed today is that it does not mention that they asked for his cellphone records. This just seems odd to me, especially since they specifically said Onstar records.

I found the link but I'm not sure how reliable it is: http://www.LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

I would like to say something on a side note.

I commend everyone who has participated and contributed, both good and bad.

I know none of you personally, but each day I log on, I associate each person's screen name with my perception of a personality to it. justwannahelp, firefox, laffytaffy, etc. Although I don't know you, I can identify you by your posts, humor, knowledge, and tireless dedication. I have been here every single day, but I don't posts that much because things frustrate me and I get my posts deleted. I will be here until the end and hope everyone else will be here as well.

If I ever go missing, I hope that I get even 10% of the effort to find me from this motley crew (I mean that in a good way!!)

Peace and happiness to all. Going back under my reclusive proverbial rock.

That was so eloquently put as I so often feel the same way about my new found friends.

I'm under that "rock" most of the time. Thanks!! :rocker:

Let's bring Mickey home soon!!

I wonder if he got the idea to do that from Jaryn's case when her body parts were being washed ashore. I wonder if LE found something at his home that made them think this. I sure hope we are wrong...

Mickie was killed before Jaren, on May 19th. Jaren was killed on June 6th.

Also, iirc from earlier posts, there was a friend or relative that operated a meat processing plant in Spring, TX.

One thing that stands out to me about court documents filed today is that it does not mention that they asked for his cellphone records. This just seems odd to me, especially since they specifically said Onstar records.

Butcher, meat packing plant, I just can't use those in the same sentences when talking about Mickey, though anything is a possibility.

That would be the absolute worst way this case could turn out.

One thing I didnt quite get...my understanding was LE got a warrant for a tracking device on his new truck?? Is that a reference to OnStar also, or were they physically going to put a tracking device on his new truck? If the latter, it seems like that would be useless if it didnt happen before he was arrested...and if it did happen before then WHEN did it happen??

They have said that June 14th they got a tip. I would guess they put a tracking device then on his new truck to monitor where he went in the hopes
he would lead them to Mickey.

I think back to bsl's Mom saying they adopted him at birth to give him the family he deserved, so that makes me wonder what the heck circumstances he was born into.

Prayers to the Shunicks, to our beloved locals, to all the amazing searchers and their incredible animals. As always, thank you to all the posters--we may not always agree but we are all here for Mickey.

Where are you Mickey?

Document is so sad!!

Thanks for pointing that out!! I also noticed it didn't mention the bicycle being found in WB.

Sorry if this has already been "sleuthed" but I haven't had time to catch up on all the threads.

:cry:

I just cannot believe someone would have knowledge of the crime and not do anything about it. This is almost as bad as what BSL has done!

Fear for the lives of your family and yourself could keep a person quiet, especially if someone believes the person has previously committed murder and gotten away with it.

Wow that video really made it hit home about Mickey. Prayers to the Shunick family. If rape and murder can be made worse I think it could be by being held against your will. I don't know how long she was held for, I hope it was not long because that would be absolutely terrifying. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about and I can't even imagine how I'd feel if it was my sister or daughter. Prayers to Charlie!! :(((

It really does hit home. I keep praying she's still coming home to her family, I want it so badly for them as I know all of us do.

:please: Please bring Mickey home!!

Sheesh... You think you're gonna take the night off to enjoy the olympics, then you sneak a peak and get punched in the gut with this. Where does the line form to sign up for the huge rally rally to change the laws and limit the rights of this type of offender TO KEEP THEM IN PRISON? WE HAD HIM! We had him, and we let him out.

Butcher, meat packing plant, I just can't use those in the same sentences when talking about Mickey, though anything is a possibility.

That would be the absolute worst way this case could turn out.
If there were evidence of dismemberment, I'm pretty sure we'd see a charge for abuse of a corpse in addition to the obstruction charges.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

*Evidence from the State:
Stutes outlines in the document what he is, and is not, required to turn over. Examples of items he says he doesn't have to give include names and address of witnesses or victims or anything that is public record.

Stutes will provide the initial reports, arrest warrants, search warrants, and the crime scene report. He'll also give the transcription of a voluntary statement Lavergne allegedly gave to a deputy in July after he was read his rights.
Wonder what his voluntary statement was? :waitasec:

Thoughts:
While his mother has been IDd as being in Texas and refusing to see him, apparently he has a bio sister whom he did meet.
The identity of his bio father has never been mentioned.
This case just gets weirder and weirder. He had several family members die in a very short time period. One uncle was a butcher. The other operated a meat packing plant.....

Someone mentioned they did not subpoena his phone records -- but you can bet your bippy they have looked at them....maybe not actually subpoenaed them yet -- but you do not actually own your phone records -- some very disturbing people own those....but believe whatever you want.

I believed, and have always believed, that there were two or three minds who participated in this particular event after he bumped her off the bike. His cell phone records will prove that. What I really want to see is the peripheral thinking that has enabled him to be dragged into the light and prosecuted for assisting him as I think those parties have. He certainly has provided fodder for a best-selling book by his cousin the author. Truth is seriously stranger than fiction.

I want to say something here because I am so darn angry, but I have to stop. I think I need to install a punching bag next to my computer. I am going to pray that every guilty party in this case gets the maximum sentence allowable whoever they are. I think the best thing that can happen is that locals can take photos, keep this case in the news, and let all the dirty laundry be brought out so that MS death can prevent anything remotely like this from ever ever happening at the hands of this scumbucket or the diseased thinking that has allowed this culprit(s) to operate. Yeech.

If there were evidence of dismemberment, I'm pretty sure we'd see a charge for abuse of a corpse in addition to the obstruction charges.

I agree. I am thinking of tampering charge in the context if tampering with evidence... Like continuing to hide the evidence/body. Possibly a posturing charge? Lets see what the lawyers say before we totally ruin our own psychis with horrific guesses.
(poor k.jill :what:)

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

*Evidence from the State:
Stutes outlines in the document what he is, and is not, required to turn over. Examples of items he says he doesn't have to give include names and address of witnesses or victims or anything that is public record.

Stutes will provide the initial reports, arrest warrants, search warrants, and the crime scene report. He'll also give the transcription of a voluntary statement Lavergne allegedly gave to a deputy in July after he was read his rights.
Wonder what his voluntary statement was? :waitasec:

Probably some sly remark...
Psycho

Just to be clear...I have never thought she was under the truck. I do know that some others thought this.

Same here Cajun just hesitate to acknowledge it because of reasons you previously stated because I don't like to be insulted as was previously done by some. Just wanted to get your back although I don't think you need it as I can see Cajun Strong fits you well! I also believe ALL logic in this case has been thrown out the window by BSL in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90