LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think most lawyers even ask the defendant if they are guilty; they may ask if there is anything they should know, anything that may help their side, or any surprises in the defendant's background, that kind of thing.

I believe they even have to keep it to themselves if the defendant were to tell them where a body is; maybe a lawyer an weigh in, but I believe this to be true, that they cannot divulge the info. There was a case, I just can't think of it now. Sounds too horrible to be true, but that lawyer-client confidentiality thing is serious.

Imo, cluciano63, due to attorney client privledges, BS Lavergne will divulge virtually all info/gory details to his defense attorney/s in confidence. BSL knows that this info must be kept secret. He will not reveal the true remains location, imo, until and if a plea agreement is negotiated.
His motives are many, but his primary reason is simply to claim another victim; his defense attorney/s.

cluciano63, I'm no mind reader, but it may be possible that the other case that you are referring too concerning the victim's remains location may be serial killer gary hilton(GA-2008).

Although the bloody clothes of Meredith Hope Emerson, were located in a dumpster, her body had not been found at the time of his arrest.
In this case, the death penalty was taken off the table in leiu of info of her location. The plea was reached three days after his arrest and he lead the GBI to dawson forest wma, shoal creek rd. where her decapitated bleach soaked torso was located & another 1/2 mile away to retrieve her head.

Hilton's Defense Attorney NEIL SMITH, met with him soon after his arrest. After their initial consultation, witnesses at the dawson county detention center shared that when defense attorney Smith, left the room, he was white as a ghost and mumbling that he had never heard anything that evil before...

Nah! Another Ruse!

Gary Ridgeway: Green River Serial Killer, would let some of his victims live as well as befriending some for allibi purposes. The more fortunate victims would vouch for him and provide proof that he wasn't the killer.

BSL, honed his skills over the years as did Ridgeway, imo. He had learned from others prior, as well as from his past mistakes.

Imo, the hairdresser was not an intended victim, but was to be used later as a character witness should the need arise..

Just wondering how profusely he may have been bleeding, what with the neck injury, hand and supposed back. Did he wait to go home to clean up? Did he use something in his car to cover the neck? Was he still bleeding when he disposed of the bike? Would he stop at a gas station bathroom to clean up before going home? I think she fought hard and left him a mess. Also wonder if the seats in his truck were leather or material? He must have been in bad shape to go to a hospital. Could he have washed off in the area he threw the bike? Don't know where these questions are leading me, but I am full of wonderment right now. I guess i think he would have gone home as soon as possible with his injuries. I also think that bullies who hurt others are usually very childlike about their own pain and blood. JMO

helpwithhope, this may explain why the K9s hit on the blood at Whiskey Bay, which was written off as fishermen cutting themselves. It may also explain how LE could place BSL at the bike dump location on the morning of 05/19/2012; forensics..

Like the way you are thinking, hwh..

I really think she was able to spray her mace. I'm still not sold on the "poison ivy."

I think that's how she got the jump on him and was able to turn whatever it was he had to subdue her on him. I think she maced him, caught him offguard, and grabbed it. It would have only been instinctual from him to have turned away, and that's how she was able to land every blow she did in the places she did. I think the thumb got cut when he tried to regain control.

Which leads me back to what has only made sense to me from the beginning. His plan did not go as he intended. She scared the bejezus out of him and he had to recalculate. (I just love the thought that SHE scared HIM.) He had to have been spewing blood from that finger, if nothing else. He had to move fast, and he had to move somewhere he knew the layout. She's close. She is so very close. I just feel it.

helpwithhope, this may explain why the K9s hit on the blood at Whiskey Bay, which was written off as fishermen cutting themselves. It may also explain how LE could place BSL at the bike dump location on the morning of 05/19/2012; forensics..

Like the way you are thinking, hwh..

If BSL's plans did not go very well; with MS putting up a fight, he might have freaked out. He had to do some quick thinking. Despite what some others have said about WB not being isolated enough, I disagree. He probably remembered DTL used this location as well. The spot may have "clicked" in his "disturbed" mind. It could have been here that a struggle ensued(the blood trail). Now he's very pissed. Ditch the bike. Now where to dump the trouble maker? Maybe somewhere on his way back home.:twocents:

'An interesting read to help in understanding BS Lavergne's mindset and the many reasons that a plea agreement will be difficult in his prosecution. That is, if one is even offered. Imo, there will be additional mounting evidence for other crimes as the task force investigation continues, which would negate the motivation for either the defense or prosecution to negotiate a plea or give up the location of Mickey Schunick's remains. The one exception that I can come up with is the Gary Ridgeway prosecution strategy, which took the death penalty off the table for the identy & location for all of the unknowns. If any unknown victims of Ridgeway's were revealed later, the plea agreement would be null & void. GR, agreed to the plea and the operation was kept secret from the public for months until completed.
The victim's families were not made aware of this prosecution agreement until court day.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Psychopathy_Checklist"]Hare Psychopathy Checklist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Dr. Hare and his associates developed the Psychopathy Check List Revised (PCL-R) and its derivatives, which provide a clinical assessment of the degree of psychopathy an individual possesses. These instruments measure the distinct cluster of personality traits and socially-deviant behaviors of an individual, which fall into four factors: interpersonal, affective, lifestyle, and anti-social.

The interpersonal traits include glibness, superficial charm, a grandiose sense of self-worth, pathological lying, and the manipulation of others. The affective traits include a lack of remorse and/or guilt, shallow affect, a lack of empathy, and failure to accept responsibility. The lifestyle behaviors include stimulation-seeking behavior, impulsivity, irresponsibility, parasitic orientation, and a lack of realistic life goals. The anti-social behaviors include poor behavioral controls, early childhood behavior problems, juvenile delinquency, revocation of conditional release, and criminal versatility. The combination of these individual personality traits, interpersonal styles, and socially deviant lifestyles are the framework of psychopathy and can manifest themselves differently in individual psychopaths.

All psychopaths do not become serial murderers. Rather, serial murderers may possess some or many of the traits consistent with psychopathy. Psychopaths who commit serial murder do not value human life and are extremely callous in their interactions with their victims. This is particularly evident in sexually motivated serial killers who repeatedly target, stalk, assault, and kill without a sense of remorse. However, psychopathy alone does not explain the motivations of a serial killer.

Understanding psychopathy becomes particularly critical to law enforcement during a serial murder investigation and upon the arrest of a psychopathic serial killer. The crime scene behavior of psychopaths is likely to be distinct from other offenders. This distinct behavior can assist law enforcement in linking serial cases.

Psychopaths are not sensitive to altruistic interview themes, such as sympathy for their victims or remorse/guilt over their crimes. They do possess certain personality traits that can be exploited, particularly their inherent narcissism, selfishness, and vanity.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Psychopathy_Checklist"]Hare Psychopathy Checklist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Foxfire, do you have a link for any of that information? I see passages of it quoted verbatim in many places online, but you have provided no citation or link, so it would seem to be something you have written on your own.

Right, and that's something I am having trouble with. What's the point of that? If the Justice system is about justice, where's the justice in that? It's something that i've never really thought about much, honestly. It makes a trial more of a "game" than truly seeking Justice. I'm sure that I'm not thinking this through and am missing something. I'm hoping that some of you wiser folk can explain why this is so.

I'm not an attorney. But my understanding is that they cannot knowingly lie to the court. So if BSL confesses to his attorney, even though he cannot violate attorney/client privilege, he also cannot lie to a judge/jury.

Foxfire, do you have a link for any of that information? I see passages of it quoted verbatim in many places online, but you have provided no citation or link, so it would seem to be something you have written on your own.

'Hold your horses, Montjoy..LOL, I accidently hit the send button before completing the comment'..
sorry my bad..

Quick shout out to Chicken Fried, who wasn't feeling too well a couple of days ago.

Hope you're feeling better today!

OK! I have a question!
I don't wan't to beat a dead horse...
I remember talking Taco bell into the ground... as to why she went there to eat and I always meant to ask.

Does anyone know if she was a Vegan? Vegetarian?

I think so but there are lots of vegan options at Taco Bell. Bean burrito, seven layer burrito, chips n cheese. I think she was seen on surveillance footage there at the time BW said they were there.
Would you share your thoughts on the significance of Taco Bell in the case?

'Sure hope investigators do not disregard the years from 2000 - 2008 until it is verified that he was truly incarcerated behind prison walls...
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/brandon-lavergne/41/4a8/844?trk=pub-pbmap

Service Mechanic

Power House Compression Services

2006 – 2008 (2 years) Broussard La.

Mechanic

State of Louisiana

Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Government Administration industry

February 2000 – August 2006 (6 years 7 months)

http://psychowatcher.wordpress.com/...ller-brandon-lavergne-indicted-for-2-murders/

“We are confident about Lavergne’s connection to these two cases,” Cpt. Judice, noted. “At this point in time, I am unaware of any other cases that we have such strong evidence.”

Judice noted that Lafayette Parish has roughly two dozen unresolved missing person cases that date back to roughly 1997.

“As much as we’re looking at cases he could have possibly been involved with, we’re also looking to clear him from cases as well,” Cpt. Judice, explained.

* Any case that happened between 2000-2008 could not be connected to Lavergne because he was incarcerated for oral sexual battery. He was convicted for typing up, blindfolding and sexually assaulting an 18-year-old woman from Evangeline Parish back in 1999.

“Everyone initially thought that he would be connected to the Jeff Davis murders, but he was incarcerated at the time, so there’s no possible way he could have been connected to those cases,” Cpt. Judice, said. “Also, he worked off shore, so we need to account for that time and find those cases that fit that timeline.”

Hence all the questions about the hair dressers x-boyfriend. Whether the were over... over. AND him going on and on about how he couldn't believe she wasn't dating someone...
It also sounds like he was building up for the next abduction in his mind by calling her so often and leaving messages on her answering machine.

Then again there would be a digital finger print there.
She cut his hair 3 times in 5 years! AND he WAITED for just her to do it!

IMO she had been on his radar a LONG time!
He was using the "I got jumped" to gain her trust and sympathy.

MOO
“He did call me the night after I cut his hair on his way to Venice. He had been calling me,” she says. “He called me numerous times on his way to Venice that night.”

“He sat in my chair and he was like, ‘have you and that guy ever tried working it out?’ I said, ‘No.’ He said well I find it very funny a pretty girl like you is still single and he kept going on and on and on.”
http://www.theind.com/news/10922-crowley-hairdresser-lavergne-had-knife-wound-on-neck

i wonder why he called her several times? why KEEP calling. i do wonder about his mental state. maybe he gets into a frenzied state. but then again, his "numerous" phone calls must not have scared her in any way because she was looking forward to his call on July 5th. i guess he's just flirty and persistent when he's not abusing and killing.

speaking of flirty. did ted bundy rape his victims or only kill?

Even if we don't get to know BL's work schedule and where he was every minute of his prison term, LE knows. They want to close cases; if there is any possible connection to him, they will look into it. As for now, I am going to assume he was in prison and not out killing people during his prison term, until and unless we find out he was granted all sorts of outings where he could have "escaped" long enough to murder and yet have his absence go unnoticed. JMO

i wonder why he called her several times? why KEEP calling. i do wonder about his mental state. maybe he gets into a frenzied state. but then again, his "numerous" phone calls must not have scared her in any way because she was looking forward to his call on July 5th. i guess he's just flirty and persistent when he's not abusing and killing.

speaking of flirty. did ted bundy rape his victims or only kill?

'In his words justwannahelp'.. 'Ironically, I google searched photos of Brandon S. Lavergne earlier and BSL & Bundy were displayed'..

Ted Bundy - [Part 1] - True Crime Stories - Documentary
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxQ1QFUGKqo&feature=related"]Ted Bundy - [Part 1] - True Crime Stories - Documentary - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqKMo6uIE8"]Serial Killer Ted Bundy's Last Interview - 1 of 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Ted Bundy Interviews 1/3

This is the first of three installments of Ted Bundy's final interview with Bob Keppel in January of 1989 just hours before he was executed. Detectives have kept these tapes sealed for 16 years, claiming the details are too disturbing.

If BSL's plans did not go very well; with MS putting up a fight, he might have freaked out. He had to do some quick thinking. Despite what some others have said about WB not being isolated enough, I disagree. He probably remembered DTL used this location as well. The spot may have "clicked" in his "disturbed" mind. It could have been here that a struggle ensued(the blood trail). Now he's very pissed. Ditch the bike. Now where to dump the trouble maker? Maybe somewhere on his way back home.:twocents:

where does this talk of blood at whiskey bay come from? is it rumor? is it a "REAL" rumor?

I'm not an attorney. But my understanding is that they cannot knowingly lie to the court. So if BSL confesses to his attorney, even though he cannot violate attorney/client privilege, he also cannot lie to a judge/jury.

this is why they usually don't put killers on the stand. he likely won't say a word in the trial. when someone is on trial, yet they don't take the stand, you can pretty much assume they are GUILTY

I was trying to think in ways BSL might think. How about me using a place that would almost rub LE's face in it. How about I put her right across from "Lavergne" road off of 35. There are some lakes/ponds there and a lot of woody are. Has this are been searched?

i haven't found lavergne road, but i found hwy 35/lawtell hwy, and there are alot of fields. the more i look at churchpoint on maps, there's alot of nothing/land, so it's overwhelming to consider

http://goo.gl/maps/HpcJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member