LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i haven't found lavergne road, but i found hwy 35/lawtell hwy, and there are alot of fields. the more i look at churchpoint on maps, there's alot of nothing/land, so it's overwhelming to consider

http://goo.gl/maps/HpcJ

Ponds/lakes across from the intersection of both roads. [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl"]Google Maps[/ame]

The interpersonal traits include glibness, superficial charm, a grandiose sense of self-worth, pathological lying, and the manipulation of others. The affective traits include a lack of remorse and/or guilt, shallow affect, a lack of empathy, and failure to accept responsibility. The lifestyle behaviors include stimulation-seeking behavior, impulsivity, irresponsibility, parasitic orientation, and a lack of realistic life goals. The anti-social behaviors include poor behavioral controls, early childhood behavior problems, juvenile delinquency, revocation of conditional release, and criminal versatility. The combination of these individual personality traits, interpersonal styles, and socially deviant lifestyles are the framework of psychopathy and can manifest themselves differently in individual psychopaths.

Understanding psychopathy becomes particularly critical to law enforcement during a serial murder investigation and upon the arrest of a psychopathic serial killer. The crime scene behavior of psychopaths is likely to be distinct from other offenders. This distinct behavior can assist law enforcement in linking serial cases.

Psychopaths are not sensitive to altruistic interview themes, such as sympathy for their victims or remorse/guilt over their crimes. They do possess certain personality traits that can be exploited, particularly their inherent narcissism, selfishness, and vanity.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Psychopathy_Checklist"]Hare Psychopathy Checklist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame][/QUOTE]

Well, he certainly seems to contain MANY of those traits as we learn more and more about him.

How does LE go about exploiting a SKs narcissism, selfishness, and vanity?

'In his words justwannahelp'.. 'Ironically, I google searched photos of Brandon S. Lavergne earlier and BSL & Bundy were displayed'..

Ted Bundy - [Part 1] - True Crime Stories - Documentary
Ted Bundy - [Part 1] - True Crime Stories - Documentary - YouTube

Serial Killer Ted Bundy's Last Interview - 1 of 3 - YouTube

Ted Bundy Interviews 1/3

This is the first of three installments of Ted Bundy's final interview with Bob Keppel in January of 1989 just hours before he was executed. Detectives have kept these tapes sealed for 16 years, claiming the details are too disturbing.

wow. that really helps me to get a sense of these killers. everyone should listen to that clip to know what we are dealing with here. very strange very strange, but at the same time somewhat normal. very disturbing. you can tell he somewhat relishes in knowing that the interviewer is hanging on to his every word. he knows how "grateful" the interviewer is for his interview.

Does anyone know what is at this location. Seems to be some sort of construction site. Way in the back it borders a canal. It looks very isolated. Only locals would know the are.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl"]Google Maps[/ame]

i wonder why he called her several times? why KEEP calling. i do wonder about his mental state. maybe he gets into a frenzied state. but then again, his "numerous" phone calls must not have scared her in any way because she was looking forward to his call on July 5th. i guess he's just flirty and persistent when he's not abusing and killing.

speaking of flirty. did ted bundy rape his victims or only kill?

I think his interest in her probably goes back to his obsessive nature. Almost as though he hyper-focused on her. The real question is why. Was it because he had a real interest in her, or was it that he had a use for her?

I wouldn't think he'd hardly have targeted her to be a victim. He'd just been rocked to his core. NOTHING the morning of May 19th seems to have gone the way he wanted. I'm pretty sure he was still shaken up over it. The last thing he'd want is for someone to come up missing that could be traced back to him.

My guess is he was planning on using her as an alibi.

I think his interest in her probably goes back to his obsessive nature. Almost as though he hyper-focused on her. The real question is why. Was it because he had a real interest in her, or was it that he had a use for her?

I wouldn't think he'd hardly have targeted her to be a victim. He'd just been rocked to his core. NOTHING the morning of May 19th seems to have gone the way he wanted. I'm pretty sure he was still shaken up over it. The last thing he'd want is for someone to come up missing that could be traced back to him.

My guess is he was planning on using her as an alibi.

I've thought the same thing. No way in hell he's going to leave an obvious trail of bread crumbs leading to/from someone he's going to kill/rape/abduct/whatever (MS notwithstanding). He certainly isn't going to call her phone repeatedly, wait for quite a while to have this one person cut his hair, etc. and make it obvious. That's simply not his M.O.

Does anyone know what is at this location. Seems to be some sort of construction site. Way in the back it borders a canal. It looks very isolated. Only locals would know the are.

Google Maps

I'm not sure what it is you're trying to post, but I'm seeing a map of my local area here in Houston...so I think what you're posting is simply a link to Google Maps -- one which defaults to the local area of each individual poster who pulls it up.

Ponds/lakes across from the intersection of both roads. Google Maps

Right before Lavergne Rd. intersects 35, in a curve there seems a construction site of some sort. Any locals know what it is? It borders a canal way in the back; a very secluded area. Seems only locals would know it's there. I can't seem to get a google map link.

IMO, I really feel like BSL was taken by surprise by MS. Maybe she was knocked out initially, came too in the truck, realized what was happening and maced him ("poison ivy" like rash) and in his confusion, she was able to stab him with something she had on her person- I don't think this was a "weapon"- if that were the case I think she would have done more damage and we would be hearing her tell us the story. But in that moment, while MS is fighting for her life, you have to remember, as sick as it sounds, BSL is fighting for his as well. I think it all went down in his truck, and I feel that perhaps once he regained control of whatever she cut him with (rumored finger injury) she was, unfortunately, murdered. Maybe this all happened at WB- when he drove there to dispose of the bike- and maybe she was disposed of as well. As horrible as it is, I do not think an injured BSL had it in him to come up with a disposal plan that would evade searchers and LE for all this time. I just don't think its logical. I think his original plan was thrown out the window. I think he was pissed- and got rid of everything as quick as possible- in an area known to make things disappear. He went to NOLA to be treated for his injuries when he realized he couldn't treat them on his own. I think he didn't go to area hospitals in fear of being tied to this case- and then I think he thought he was in the clear- until the surveillance tapes with his truck came out- then he panicked and got sloppy. To me, that's the most simple, logical scenario.
I feel like LE had their eye on BSL since VERY early on. Whether through RSO records and/or surveillance, or the fact he's been "getting away" with things for what looks like years-
I also think that whatever happened, LE has real PROOF. I'm confident that they are well aware of what happened and when- the charges came too quick to think otherwise. I am so glad this monster is off the streets.
I think I said "I think" enough for y'all to know this is just my thoughts on what could have happened. :) Truth be told, she could literally be anywhere. :(
I pray for answers and comfort for her amazing family, friends, and community... and that justice be served.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure what it is you're trying to post, but I'm seeing a map of my local area here in Houston...so I think what you're posting is simply a link to Google Maps -- one which defaults to the local area of each individual poster who pulls it up.

sacalait, you have to click the link icon on the left of your map then click "short UrL" then copy that short URL then paste it here. that's the only way i know how to share maps that i'm looking at with the forum. HTH

Those kids must be the ones who grow up to be law breakers and defense attorneys. Seriously though... This is why the job pays so much... Kind of like selling your soul.

I can tell you right now MOST criminal defense attorneys do NOT make a lot of money. Unless they are well known celebrity attorneys(think OJ). In cases such as BSL's the defendants are usually not wealthy and can not afford attorneys in the same stratosphere as Cochran, Shapiro, and F. Lee Bailey. Most are relegated to having court appointed Public Defenders, and these defenders don't make much AT ALL. My husband is an attorney and clerked at a local office for public defenders. He's also been appointed by the courts of La. to do pro bono criminal defense and worked with other public defenders who's only job is capital criminal defense around the country. These people make little to NO money doing this. And it cracks me up how people think that all criminal defense lawyers make mucho dinero. There's a HUGE distinction between Defense Attorneys and CRIMINAL defense attorney's pay.

I may be totally wrong but I really don't believe BSL would be as risky this time by putting MS near his home or anywhere in his vicinity. I think like a wild animal he got a tast of blood and the kill and he wasn't ready to end his spree just yet by being caught. I think the 8 years he was in prison he realized how lucky he was getting away with LP murder by being careless. I think this go around he was not going to take any chances being a suspect. That is why I think he went in the opposite direction by placing the bike in WB. He wanted to be off the radar because he isn't ready to go back to do time. I think he spent the 8 years thinking how to dispose of his next victims. I think with MS being more combative than he expected that the fight that took place between them caused him to have to debilitate her sooner than he wanted and therefore he needed to get rid of her quick. I believe she is somewhere on the out skirts of Lafayette or in WB somewhere. I think he really wanted to put her as far from him as possible that is why he went in the opposite direction of CP. I don't think he wanted her bleeding all over his truck either because I don't think he planned on burning the truck until he realized 8 or so days later that his truck had been seen on video. I just think in his mind he wanted her and her truck out of his vehicle as fast as possible. Everyone knows that the police dogs are trained to hit on blood, clothing, bodies, dope so why take a chance and bring those forensics to your home. But I still think maybe he might have dumped her somewhere around Lafayette but not take the time to worry about the bike until he went home and cleaned up his wounds. Maybe he stuffed the bike under his trailer while he cleaned up and then took the bike back out and headed towards N.O. when he realized he wasn't going to stop bleeding without stitches and I'm sure he wanted pain killers too so he dropped the bike on his way at WB. Also though it is common knowledge around here that if you want to dispose of a body sink it in the basin where the alligators roam or in the river where they have those extreme undercurrents. God I even hate thinking these thoughts.

wow. that really helps me to get a sense of these killers. everyone should listen to that clip to know what we are dealing with here. very strange very strange, but at the same time somewhat normal. very disturbing. you can tell he somewhat relishes in knowing that the interviewer is hanging on to his every word. he knows how "grateful" the interviewer is for his interview.

justwannahelp, yes it does, imo, and there are 5 parts to the documentary.
Be sure to watch them all. BSL's childhood and adult life virtually mirrors Bundy's life. Their personality traits are almost identical, imo.

The reason for posting the documentary was to answer your question as to, if Bundy raped his victims, or just killed them. In one of the interviews, Bundy mentioned/implied necrophilia. This concerns me due to BSL's desecration of graves history..

Ironically Bundy worked on the re-election campaign of Washington's Republican Governor Dan Evans. Evans was elected and he appointed
Bundy to the 'Seattle Crime Prevention Advisory Committee'.

IMO, I really feel like BSL was taken by surprise by MS. Maybe she was knocked out initially, came too in the truck, realized what was happening and maced him ("poison ivy" like rash) and in his confusion, she was able to stab him with something she had on her person- I don't think this was a "weapon"- if that were the case I think she would have done more damage and we would be hearing her tell us the story. But in that moment, while MS is fighting for her life, you have to remember, as sick as it sounds, BSL is fighting for his as well. I think it all went down in his truck, and I feel that perhaps once he regained control of whatever she cut him with (rumored finger injury) she was, unfortunately, murdered. Maybe this all happened at WB- when he drove there to dispose of the bike- and maybe she was disposed of as well. As horrible as it is, I do not think an injured BSL had it in him to come up with a disposal plan that would evade searchers and LE for all this time. I just don't think its logical. I think his original plan was thrown out the window. I think he was pissed- and got rid of everything as quick as possible- in an area known to make things disappear. He went to NOLA to be treated for his injuries when he realized he couldn't treat them on his own. I think he didn't go to area hospitals in fear of being tied to this case- and then I think he thought he was in the clear- until the surveillance tapes with his truck came out- then he panicked and got sloppy. To me, that's the most simple, logical scenario.
I feel like LE had their eye on BSL since VERY early on. Whether through RSO records and/or surveillance, or the fact he's been "getting away" with things for what looks like years-
I also think that whatever happened, LE has real PROOF. I'm confident that they are well aware of what happened and when- the charges came too quick to think otherwise. I am so glad this monster is off the streets.
I think I said "I think" enough for y'all to know this is just my thoughts on what could have happened. :) Truth be told, she could literally be anywhere. :(
I pray for answers and comfort for her amazing family, friends, and community... and that justice be served.

Adding: I also "think" LE was aware of BSL looking at new vehicles, perhaps even before the abduction- and this is why CS said via her fb page that the truck in the surveillance tapes may not be the EXACT truck they are looking for, but one like it. That statement told me a lot of information was being withheld from the public.

You and I are thinking alike

justwannahelp, yes it does, imo, and there are 5 parts to the documentary.
Be sure to watch them all. Bsl's childhood and adult life virtually mirrors bundy's life. Their personality traits are almost identical, imo.

The reason for posting the documentary was to answer your question as to, if bundy raped his victims, or just killed them. In one of the interviews, bundy mentioned/implied necrophilia. This concerns me due to bsl's desecration of graves history..

ironically bundy worked on the re-election campaign of washington's republican governor dan evans. Evans was elected and he appointed
bundy to the 'seattle crime prevention advisory committee'.

bbm

wow!

I think that's how she got the jump on him and was able to turn whatever it was he had to subdue her on him. I think she maced him, caught him offguard, and grabbed it. It would have only been instinctual from him to have turned away, and that's how she was able to land every blow she did in the places she did. I think the thumb got cut when he tried to regain control.

Which leads me back to what has only made sense to me from the beginning. His plan did not go as he intended. She scared the bejezus out of him and he had to recalculate. (I just love the thought that SHE scared HIM.) He had to have been spewing blood from that finger, if nothing else. He had to move fast, and he had to move somewhere he knew the layout. She's close. She is so very close. I just feel it.

I'm not arguing with your theory but everyone seems to thinks she must have grabbed a knife from him. Please correct me if I am wrong but didn't MS family say one of the items (along with her mace) that she carried religiously was a knife? Couldn't she have maced him then reached for her own knife? I don't have an article or link that proves this but hoping someone else will. I would really like to know if I have this right.

You're right because I am seeing Mississippi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne