LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I have been spending way too much time on here and thinking so much about things that I actually dreamed about BSL and Mickey. I dreamed he had her body in a freezer and that was why she wasn't found any place else. Maybe I need to take a breather from here too.

Can any local help me out here. I came across a name late last night with respect to BSL that I had not heard before that BSL must of at one point associated himself with.

How would Arnaudville, LA fit into this picture? Or could it? If it could fit into a search area, how would it fit in? Is this an area he could of lived? Or is it just an area that he could of possibly received his mail at such as a mailing address?

I apologize for the drive by posting here but the office is busy. and I thank anyone that can shed some light on this area.

Arnaudville is NE of Lafayette, and I-10, in fact. It is not so far away from WB or the 3-95 road that has been mentioned. It certainly is an interesting idea.

I jumped when I saw the actual photo of his home. On a different website, when the thread first began (I think within the first three pages) a psychic said that MS was near a home which was gray with cranberry shutters....freaked me out when i saw that photo.

If you look at his trailer, you can see concrete blocks underneath it. I am wondering if he did indeed throw her body in the water with concrete blocks to weigh it down. That would be the most likely scenario to me.
those concrete blocks I think would be to level the mobile home, since it doesn't have a foundation it probably just sits on concrete blocks. Would be interesting to know if any of the blocks are missing.

Speaking of the concrete blocks under the trailer, I am wondering if the trailer ever had front steps or if they always walked in the back way where the abandoned cars are.

For those people reading this thread who may not live in Louisiana or even close, you have to realize that having abandoned cars around a trailer house is almost standard issue. In other words, no one would think anything about it. Not having front steps no big deal either. Having extra concrete blocks under your trailer, along with tools, shovels, charcoal for barbeque, rakes, and anything else you can think of can be stored under the trailer. Sometimes that is where the dog(s) live or in one of the abandoned vehicles. If you don't live there, it is hard to describe. Basically you can put on your property whatever you want. Not like it is in the city where you have to have tags on all your vehicles, etc. etc. More like survival of the fittest. I am from that area, but I have lived all over the world so I know what is normal there and what is normal in other parts -- and it is very laissez-faire as far as BSL's property. So under the trailer is where the sheriff looked. I am theorizing that he did place her there for a short period (or horror -- part of her there) and then moved her...probably along with a few concrete blocks.

It is at this point I begin to think that he had physical help. Possibly he called someone to dump the bike so he could concentrate on the body. His phone logs sure will be interesting. I have a feeling a few people will be going down the road with him.

I can't agree more, but what can we do? As a society, what can we really do to see a change? This is infuriating and it continues on and on.... I'm really upset about this judicial system enabling these monsters, and most people, unless they've been directly effected, don't seem to care!
So, seriously....what can we do, if anything?

I think it's going to be up to us, the members of the public, to effect change because, at the end of the day, elected officials' main concern seems to be getting re-elected, not protecting the public. Thus, there are competing interests involved. You and I, as members of the public, are more directly affected by violent criminals in our midst.

We need to increase accountability for elected officials within the criminal justice system. That may mean keeping track of how many offenders get slaps on the wrists for violent offenses so that when those lenient officials are up for re-election, we don't re-elect them. I hate to be cynical but I'm pretty sure if enough public officials got kicked out of office for not being tough enough on crime, things would start to change.

Something else that could be done is to conduct tests like the Mosaic test (created by Gavin de Becker, author of The Gift of Fear) on every offender, once they are convicted so that we can identify those offenders most likely to commit violent offenses. The results of such a test could be taken into consideration as part of the pre-sentence investigation, and also when these offenders are up for parole. All offenders would have to be tested though because just because an offender hasn't committed a violent offense yet doesn't mean they won't do so in the future. Of course, many folks would take issue with such a sweeping approach but in my opinion, we're in desperate times and desperate times call for desperate measures. I for one am sick of seeing case after case of missing and murdered people, especially in situations where the murders could have been avoided, and fear that the situation will only continue to deteriorate unless we as a society change our approach drastically. JMO, MOO

https://www.mosaicmethod.com/

and...what do you think the chances are.....that he inherited that property....:(

According to the Advertiser published Sunday July 15, 2012:
July 2010: "Lavergne bought property on Elaine Lane, Swords, St. Landry Parish."
July 26 2011: "Lavergne paid $15,000 for property at 205 Constantine Rd., Duson."
Jan 31 2012: "Lavergne paid $17,000 for property at 201 Constantine Rd., Duson."

Can any local help me out here. I came across a name late last night with respect to BSL that I had not heard before that BSL must of at one point associated himself with.

How would Arnaudville, LA fit into this picture? Or could it? If it could fit into a search area, how would it fit in? Is this an area he could of lived? Or is it just an area that he could of possibly received his mail at such as a mailing address?

I apologize for the drive by posting here but the office is busy. and I thank anyone that can shed some light on this area.

If I'm not mistaken, it's in St Landry parish.

Curious as to why the front steps are not located at the front door. Strange, the siding was not removed by le in that area of the trailer.

Didn't LE say they did not believe Mickey had been brought to his home? Maybe I am remembering wrong. But I've always thought that even if he initially intended to do so, things changed and he did not.

Lavergne was adopted as an infant by James Dale Lavergne and Cynthia Burleigh Lavergne. Cynthia Lavergne confirmed in a Facebook post several weeks ago that the couple had adopted him at birth. The couple later had a son together and divorced in 1997, apparently around the time Brandon Lavergne dropped out of Church Point High School.

The Lavergnes built a log cabin on their property, and the two boys liked to sit on the roof at night. They also liked to hang out by an old oak tree across the street as well as nearby woods along Bayou Plaquemines.

That house burned down, and was replaced by a mobile home.

When the Lavergnes divorced in 1997, James Dale Lavergne bought more than an acre of property and a mobile home on Prudence Highway near Church Point, which he still owns.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...20722021/Neighbors-mum-Brandon-Scott-Lavergne

I know this link has probably been posted before, but...
I have heard from someone very reliable who grew up in Church Point that the father fancies himself somewhat of a bad *advertiser censored* hell raiser. I hope they have searched his property with a fine toothed comb.
Bessie, if my post seems inappropriate, please delete or snip or whatever.

So he buys 15,000 worth of raw land three years in a row? Or at least the bank finances it for him 3 years in a row. I guess the bank overlooks the character part in making a loan...

So he buys 15,000 worth of raw land three years in a row? Or at least the bank finances it for him 3 years in a row. I guess the bank overlooks the character part in making a loan...

Well, does the bank even ask if one is a convicted felon? I don't think they do. They just want proof that the loan can be paid on time. His job, if like most offshore jobs pays very well.

I think it's going to be up to us, the members of the public, to effect change because, at the end of the day, elected officials' main concern seems to be getting re-elected, not protecting the public. Thus, there are competing interests involved. You and I, as members of the public, are more directly affected by violent criminals in our midst.

We need to increase accountability for elected officials within the criminal justice system. That may mean keeping track of how many offenders get slaps on the wrists for violent offenses so that when those lenient officials are up for re-election, we don't re-elect them. I hate to be cynical but I'm pretty sure if enough public officials got kicked out of office for not being tough enough on crime, things would start to change.

Something else that could be done is to conduct tests like the Mosaic test (created by Gavin de Becker, author of The Gift of Fear) on every offender, once they are convicted so that we can identify those offenders most likely to commit violent offenses. The results of such a test could be taken into consideration as part of the pre-sentence investigation, and also when these offenders are up for parole. All offenders would have to be tested though because just because an offender hasn't committed a violent offense yet doesn't mean they won't do so in the future. Of course, many folks would take issue with such a sweeping approach but in my opinion, we're in desperate times and desperate times call for desperate measures. I for one am sick of seeing case after case of missing and murdered people, especially in situations where the murders could have been avoided, and fear that the situation will only continue to deteriorate unless we as a society change our approach drastically. JMO, MOO

https://www.mosaicmethod.com/[/ I agree and we could call this "MICKEY;S LAW"

I am wondering if maybe he didn't go home at all. I'm not sold on any one sequence of events, but is it possible that he went to WB immediately after murdering her. He dumps the bike then Mickey somewhere on his way to NOLA. Then gets a hotel on his way to NOLA?

I understand the problem with this is the blood he would have on him. Aren't there rest areas with showers or gas stations?? Yuck, I know, but I'm just speculating.

Maybe he hid Mickey at an exit on his way to NOLA. There's a boat ramp dealy near Lake Pontchartrain. Any locals familiar with this boat ramp area?

Also, I'm starting to wonder if he stayed on i-10. Personally, I am more nervous on back roads than on I-10 because of small town speed traps due to the changing of the speed limit so frequently.

Another thing is that on two way streets at 45 mph, he would have been more likely to have been noticed by another driver. You feel "closer" to the other drivers on back roads, but not on I-10. On I-10 everyone is cruising by and you are going in the same direction, so you people aren't looking into each other cars. I'm not explaining myself very well.

Oh, and red lights and stop signs. There are stops on the back roads.

Just some thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member