LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all, this is my first post. Could it be that BSL did not leave Lafayette with Mickey? I hate to say this but does anyone know if the landfills been searched? It seems like a dumpster would be a quick easy way to get rid of a body. I feel so bad typing this. I'll go back to lurking now.

I've had a migraine the past couple of days and just begun to catch up. This thought caught my eye, if he didn't leave Lafayette with her is it possible he could have hidden her in manhole, storm drain etc. I'm not familiar with Lafayette so I don't know how prevalent manhole covers are, they certainly seem large enough. Just a thought...

no that's true. that has been my opinion all along - that he took old plate off new truck to make LE think that it was the same truck IN CASE they went to search all RSOs with white trucks. then he could say, "you see, there's nothing in my truck."

oops, i challenged my own opinion by asking why he didn't drive one of his other cars. :doh:

This has been my thought all along as well.

It makes me wonder about a good Samaritan too. Someone else bigger than MS that inflicted the injuries to BSL. Are there any men missing from that night that BSL might have had to hide along w/MS? Might explain the need to steal 2 pressure washers (if he was the one that stole them). Cleaning up after 2 victims? No way to completely get his truck clean so he torched it?

Totally MOO , just thinking out loud.

BBM
I don't see how two pressure washers being stolen would have anything to do with how many victims there may or may not have been that night. Imo, one pressure washer is all it would take, whether it was one victim or several victims.
I don't think BSL was involved in the arson/burglary at the tool shop. His truck was already reported missing and burned when this happened... At the time, many theorized that the stolen parts from the truck at the shop were taken by BSL to replace damaged parts and to get rid of any evidence that could link him to Mickey's disappearance. Since the dates don't match up.... reported stolen and burned- 05/31/2012 and tool shop burglary and arson- 06/06/2012... to me that rules out BSL. I don't think the two pressure washers alone would be enough motivation for him to be responsible for this...
I just don't think the good Samaritan theory makes sense with everything we've learned so far about this case... Like many have already said, there's no one that's come up missing or has come forward... I don't think it's going to be the default homeless guy. It never usually is...
To me, it's not hard to believe BSL was wounded during the attack. It's not uncommon for the perp to walk away with defensive wounds. No matter how small, when fighting for your life adrenaline kicks in and I believe Mickey would've had the ability to wound him. I also think if a good Samaritan was involved that Mickey and the gS would've walked away... BSL is a coward, imo.

All jmo.

"The Special K9 Search and Recovery team back in Acadiana, helping in the search for Mickey. They are now combing areas in Acadia, St. Landry and Evangeline Parishes. We'll have more on why they're back tonight at 10pm on KATC."

Just saw this on FB. Guess I'll have to stay up tonight.

his home is in st. landry. but what are the evangeline and acadia ties? is WB in acadia?

I've had a migraine the past couple of days and just begun to catch up. This thought caught my eye, if he didn't leave Lafayette with her is it possible he could have hidden her in manhole, storm drain etc. I'm not familiar with Lafayette so I don't know how prevalent manhole covers are, they certainly seem large enough. Just a thought...

sorry you have not been feeling well.:getwell:

i THINK they searched the storm drains. i remember posts on here in early June pertaining to manhole locations in Lafayette. not sure how "in depth" they searched those.

but putting someone in a manhole seems cumbersome. they are out in the open (streets) and you've gotta unscrew the caps. it seems like he would have been seen if he did that

his home is in st. landry. but what are the evangeline and acadia ties? is WB in acadia?

No, WB is in Iberville. He committed his prior crime, the one he went to jail for, in Evangeline and Acadia is fairly close to where he lives.

No, WB is in Iberville. He committed his prior crime, the one he went to jail for, in Evangeline and Acadia is fairly close to where he lives.

that's right. that one website kept stating the victim's name as Evangeline Parish. lol

his property is in duson. duson is in both acadia and lafayette, so i'm assuming that his property is in the acadia side since that's where they are searching. rayne, where his mother lives, is in acadia parish as well.

they must have GPS or pings for Evangeline

fort polk is in Vernon Parish

regionmap.jpg

I'll be glad if they search Duson, Rayne, and Lawtell more.
I suggested this a few days ago.

There are so many back roads, and so many places to "easily hide something" that wouldn't be found for a long time.

I'll be glad if they search Duson, Rayne, and Lawtell more.
I suggested this a few days ago.

There are so many back roads, and so many places to "easily hide something" that wouldn't be found for a long time.

If ever...I hadn't known until this week that some of Derrick Lee's victims were never found...as long as 13 years...

And for out of towners, yes Duson would fall into the category of where they are searching. If you look at the pictures I posted, you will see the general area of where he has pieces of land, though I'm not sure which particular pieces are his.

If ever...I hadn't known until this week that some of Derrick Lee's victims were never found...as long as 13 years...

Oh yes, I know. It's horrible.
They have back roads that I've been through in Duson to cut traffic and they are roads they are so spooky, people would purposely avoid going down them just because of that.

This might be random, but there is a burnt home that has been there in the Duson area (if i'm not mistaken). Maybe it should be searched, because after all, why would people search a burnt down home? It still remains standing to a degree, enough to put someone in there. But it's all by itself.
And we know BSL likes burnt things.

his property is in duson. duson is in both acadia and lafayette, so i'm assuming that his property is in the acadia side since that's where they are searching. rayne, where his mother lives, is in acadia parish as well.

they must have GPS or pings for Evangeline

fort polk is in Vernon Parish

regionmap.jpg

Evangeline Parish now too huh! I wonder if they have a new reason for searching there now.

Oh yes, I know. It's horrible.
They have back roads that I've been through in Duson to cut traffic and they are roads they are so spooky, people would purposely avoid going down them just because of that.

This might be random, but there is a burnt home that has been there in the Duson/Rayne area (if i'm not mistaken). Maybe it should be searched, because after all, why would people search a burnt down home? It still remains standing to a degree, enough to put someone in there. But it's all by itself.
And we know BSL likes burnt things.

One show I saw that Tim Miller was a part of, he stopped along roadways on the way to a search area anytime he saw any kind of abandoned or falling-down building or shed, and searched, indeed finding his victim in one case in this manner. So if he is advising searchers, he is well aware of the potential of various dilapidated structures...

Has anyone asked him, pressed him to tell them where Mickey is? With all these
"rights" can they even ask him point blank "Where did you put Mickey?!!!!!" I know he's not going to tell, but they should still ask. His response would be interesting.

While reading this article, these lines by LE on the day of search of BSL's place stood out to me.... "It's a good day not only for law enforcement, but for the entire community. We are finally getting some answers. I know as a parent I'd be relieved to know justice had been served," Vizena said.
Sheriff Bobby Guidroz said Lavergne, a convicted sex offender, had been a target of the investigation for weeks, especially since his truck was found burned in Texas in mid-June."

LE comments seems very confident that they have their man and the "goods" to serve justice.

"rights" can they even ask him point blank "Where did you put Mickey?!!!!!" I know he's not going to tell, but they should still ask. His response would be interesting.

I think the only thing he said to LE was "I want a lawyer".
And they cannot question him without his agreement, which they will never get.

ETA; so sickening, as with Derrick Lee, even after his death sentence, and an LWOP sentence to back it up, he would never admit anything or tell where the missing victims are.

I wish he could be tortured until he told them where she is.

Does anyone else feel as though maybe BSL over thought things as opposed to not thinking enough? I almost think that after the inital attack, which I believe was somewhat random, he had to cover his tracks to the point of over thinking things.
Take the new truck for example: He goes to TX burns and reports the old one stolen and then buys a new one to cover up anything fishy. Sure it would make it twice as fishy to the rest of us, but he probably didn't want to have to answer to family & friends. Plus with reporting the 1st truck stolen he figured his butt was covered with LE in that aspect.

I dunno.. maybe I'm wrong. Things to me just seem so overly "exaggerated" with his thinking. Maybe it was just his adrenaline. Thinking about a million and one different things to do with various parts of his crime instead of just keeping it simple and to the point. That's also why I believe the will not find Mickey searching the easily speculated areas. He took her some place only his crazy mind could imagine. Familiar to him, but foreign to most others.
Just some random thoughts.

BBM

ITA.
Although, I don't think BSL completely thought everything through beforehand, I do fear he probably had some really good ideas of where to put a body. I'm sure he has several crimes under his belt by now. More than likely, he has thought, and rethought his crimes and learned from any mistakes... Ex. LP was discovered quickly, and he was linked to the crime... I'm sure he doesn't want that to happen again.
If we look at his known crime, the rape, we know he has made changes... He knew the 1st victim, he left her alive, he committed the crime at her place, and left evidence behind (washcloth). So, we know he is learning and altering his mo to elude authorities... I think he has probably played out in his mind the bump and grab, where they'd go, where he'd dispose of his victim, etc... Like I've mentioned before, I don't think it played out quite like he planned with Mickey, but fear he took her to a place that he feels she may not ever be found...
All jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member