LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BSL bought the property on Elaine road from R and B S on July 14, 2010 as I understand the transaction in the record. I could be wrong. But it's my opinion of what I researched.

Personally, I think that the fine men who penned the Constitution 250 years ago might think differently about things if they had been able to see into the future, i.e. internet child *advertiser censored*, mass shootings, etc...JMO

I don't think they would think differently because innocent people might be accused. We're all looking at this from the outside in. If we or one of our loved ones was wrongfully accused, we'd be thanking God for the way the Constitution was written.

I would be agreeable to using truth serum in a case like this, though I don't know how reliable it is.
Different things would work for different people.
Hypnotism....give it a try. IMO

"Truth serum" is not reliable. While it can reduce inhibitions (not guaranteed), it also increases the susceptibility to suggestion. I can't seem to post a link from my nook, but if you google "american scientific" and "truth serum", there's a very informative article.

I don't think they would think differently because innocent people might be accused. We're all looking at this from the outside in. If we or one of our loved ones was wrongfully accused, we'd be thanking God for the way the Constitution was written.

I guess, but I think innocent people might talk to the police a little bit. Anyway it is just me...I would talk to the police, at least until they start accusing me overmuch.

I guess, but I think innocent people might talk to the police a little bit. Anyway it is just me...I would talk to the police, at least until they start accusing me overmuch.

In our neighborhood one time, there were a few kids who stole golf carts from the country club, drove them to the bayou's edge and then pushed them into the water. The police called us to bring our daughter in for questioning. My daughter was friendly with the kids-she's friendly with all the kids her age in the club but she was not friends with them anymore after going to the police station. I immediately called my daddy who is a lawyer. He met us there and the police did not want him to come into the room. He told them fine, we're leaving. They backed down. My daughter answered the questions.

I was so glad daddy was with us because I'm sure as interrogations go, this was mild but it was still very intimidating. The officer asked my daughter the same questions in many different ways. He couldn't trip her up because she was innocent and not even in town the night of the incident.

Daddy said afterwards never offer any information at all unless a lawyer is present because your words can be twisted to make you look guilty even if you are innocent.

As I said, it is just me. But if I am innocent and can help LE out so they can move on, I am doing it. I don't believe LE is out to get anyone or twist words, except in extreme cases with extreme officers.

What is more curious to me is why they would find out that there was evidence on a tape at a newspaper and NOT pick up that evidence. The only thing I can think of is that maybe once they pick up the evidence the defense attorney can request to see it? Or once they pick up the evidence the public can see it? Or did L/E not want someone in their own office to see it? Somehow they were preventing that evidence from being shared by NOT picking up that video. It makes no sense. What if that building burned down and they lost their only evidence--the tape? I have never heard of the FBI finding evidence on a video and leaving the video at the place where it was filmed. Like -- if a iCircle K was robbed and they had the video of the perp -- the police would not leave the video at the Circle K for two weeks-- somebody might ruin it or lose it or whatever. For the life of me I just cannot wrap my mind around why L/E would not pick up that tape immediately. Ideas?

What if the "tape" wasn't exactly a tape but a computer mainframe. I doubt the paper would allow one of their backup systems to be toted out of the building. Copies would need to be made.

I'm so far behind... Migraines suck. In case you all are wondering why I'm posting so late. Don't know what proper etiquette is, so feel free to correct me. Tia

What if the "tape" wasn't exactly a tape but a computer mainframe. I doubt the paper would allow one of their backup systems to be toted out of the building. Copies would need to be made.

I wonder if maybe someone at the paper watched it a few more times and finally saw something they had not seen before and called LE back to come down and look at it one last time? And by then LE knew what to look for and saw it, so they grabbed it?

I wonder if maybe someone at the paper watched it a few more times and finally saw something they had not seen before and called LE back to come down and look at it one last time? And by then LE knew what to look for and saw it, so they grabbed it?

Or maybe, since it was located at a media outlet, they wanted to publish the video and maybe LE had to involve a judge to get an injunction of some kind or had to get a warrant to get possession of the "tape"?

Or maybe, since it was located at a media outlet, they wanted to publish the video and maybe LE had to involve a judge to get an injunction of some kind or had to get a warrant to get possession of the "tape"?

That shouldn't have taken weeks, in any case, if it is true they had seen in several weeks before. Pretty baffling, in any event.

This post reminded me of Lauren Spierer's case. When the management of her apartment complex refused to turn over surveillance video without a warrant, LE got the warrant and practically busted the doors down. They confiscated a good bit of electronic equipment, including computers. I would think the situation was handled differently in this case considering that we're talking about the town newspaper. But if LE needed the mainframe, they could've gotten it with a warrant.

Arnaudville is a smaller town that Churchpoint. Bayou Teche runs through it and eventually goes to the Atchafalaya. You can drive back roads from Swords to Arnaudville and then to Breaux Bridge or Henderson close to Whiskey Bay.

Interestingly enough, just as BSLs Duson property is close to the border of Acadia parish and Lafayette parish, and his Swords property is on part of a narrow strip of St Landry parish, almost in Acadia parish ( He's also just south of Evangeline parish), parts of Arnaudville are in St Landry parish and parts are in St Martin Parish .It would seem LE would
know of any purchased property but I wonder if he has some property in Arnaudville he may be renting or leasing.

I don't see him putting Mickey in the Teche. There are too many homes and businesses on it's banks in small towns as well as boaters.

Can any local help me out here. I came across a name late last night with respect to BSL that I had not heard before that BSL must of at one point associated himself with.

How would Arnaudville, LA fit into this picture? Or could it? If it could fit into a search area, how would it fit in? Is this an area he could of lived? Or is it just an area that he could of possibly received his mail at such as a mailing address?

I apologize for the drive by posting here but the office is busy. and I thank anyone that can shed some light on this area.

Arnaudville is a smaller town that Churchpoint. Bayou Teche runs through it and eventually goes to the Atchafalaya. You can drive back roads from Swords to Arnaudville and then to Breaux Bridge or Henderson close to Whiskey Bay.

Interestingly enough, just as BSLs Duson property is close to the border of Acadia parish and Lafayette parish, and his Swords property is on part of a narrow strip of St Landry parish, almost in Acadia parish ( He's also just south of Evangeline parish), parts of Arnaudville are in St Landry parish and parts are in St Martin Parish .It would seem LE would
know of any purchased property but I wonder if he has some property in Arnaudville he may be renting or leasing.

I don't see him putting Mickey in the Teche. There are too many homes and businesses on it's banks in small towns as well as boaters.

Can any local help me out here. I came across a name late last night with respect to BSL that I had not heard before that BSL must of at one point associated himself with.

How would Arnaudville, LA fit into this picture? Or could it? If it could fit into a search area, how would it fit in? Is this an area he could of lived? Or is it just an area that he could of possibly received his mail at such as a mailing address?

I apologize for the drive by posting here but the office is busy. and I thank anyone that can shed some light on this area.

Foxfire linked a great article recently on a rape
Victim who became the accused. It was a good read!

This post reminded me of Lauren Spierer's case. When the management of her apartment complex refused to turn over surveillance video without a warrant, LE got the warrant and practically busted the doors down. They confiscated a good bit of electronic equipment, including computers. I would think the situation was handled differently in this case considering that we're talking about the town newspaper. But if LE needed the mainframe, they could've gotten it with a warrant.

What if the paper in the meantime, while waiting for warrant they threatened to leak bits of said tape, wouldn't this force LE'S hand a bit? Just a theory. Perhaps the entire video shows more than we think??

Mmmm... I think I'm goin a lil nuts, have a thought , but need to let it simmer. Plus I need sleep.... Nite all

James Duane-defense attorney

I would never talk to the police without a lawyer. EVER, and no I am not a whacko please take a look. It might change your mind.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik"]Don't Talk to Cops, Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

edited to add, if my child was missing etc. that is another situation-I guess I shouldnt of said NEVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas