LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, I know. It's horrible.
They have back roads that I've been through in Duson to cut traffic and they are roads they are so spooky, people would purposely avoid going down them just because of that.

This might be random, but there is a burnt home that has been there in the Duson area (if i'm not mistaken). Maybe it should be searched, because after all, why would people search a burnt down home? It still remains standing to a degree, enough to put someone in there. But it's all by itself.
And we know BSL likes burnt things.

BBM:
Call in the tip OceanMetTheSky, sounds like a place that need to be checked for sure.

Has the reason they initially thought he killed LP ever been released? Why did they think he killed LP back in 2008. If she was killed so long ago, what popped up in 2008? That's the year he was released too. So was he in jail at the time of the grand jury or already out?

Has the reason they initially thought he killed LP ever been released? Why did they think he killed LP back in 2008. If she was killed so long ago, what popped up in 2008? That's the year he was released too. So was he in jail at the time of the grand jury or already out?

I don't think we know any of of the answers to your questions; only that he was initially a suspect and that sometime in '08 they did the GJ. Maybe they were hoping to keep him in prison with an indictment while they worked on it some more. Obviously they did not enough to convince a GJ until they searched his house last month.

I think the only thing he said to LE was "I want a lawyer".
And they cannot question him without his agreement, which they will never get.

ETA; so sickening, as with Derrick Lee, even after his death sentence, and an LWOP sentence to back it up, he would never admit anything or tell where the missing victims are.

so it's not like in the movies when they sit down the suspect and question him? a police can't even question him? i understand that he doesn't HAVE to answer, but surely at some point they questioned him. they can't make it ALL up in the movies

Does anyone know how I can get back to the Thread for around June 13th? Is there a way to search by date of post?

In a case like this where a grand jury has seen enough evidence to go to court and the offender is a tier 3 RSO, I would like for le to be able to use different tactics to get the victims location. By different tactics I mean different from what would be used on a first time or non violent offender.
Of course a defendant has rights and I think it is important to uphold them.
But a case like this is different, IMO.
The defendant has a history of violent sexual assault and the gj passed a true bill. The loved ones of the missing have rights too.
I don't know about severe torture in all cases but there are probably mind games and psychology that a trained person could try...if it were legal.

I don't think we know any of of the answers to your questions; only that he was initially a suspect and that sometime in '08 they did the GJ. Maybe they were hoping to keep him in prison with an indictment while they worked on it some more. Obviously they did not enough to convince a GJ until they searched his house last month.

if you haven't noticed i ask ALOT of questions when i start to lose hope. i'm getting all nervous and stressed. my name should be justhelpme rather than justwannahelp

:panic:

In a case like this where a grand jury has seen enough evidence to go to court and the offender is a tier 3 RSO, I would like for le to be able to use different tactics to get the victims location. By different tactics I mean different from what would be used on a first time or non violent offender.
The defendant has a history of violent sexual assault and the gj passed a true bill. The loved ones of the missing have rights too.
I don't know about severe torture in all cases but there are probably mind games and psychology that a trained person could try...if it were legal.

K jill, i TOTALLY agree. this has been driving me nuts!!! i get it that it's innocent until proven guilty, but being a tier 3 RSO, they should be allowed some sort of mind games or SOMETHING.

so it's not like in the movies when they sit down the suspect and question him? a police can't even question him? i understand that he doesn't HAVE to answer, but surely at some point they questioned him. they can't make it ALL up in the movies

They never get the chance if they ask for a lawyer first; in those cases like on TV, they question them for a while, until he/she says the magic words about wanting a lawyer and then it is all over. BL just stopped it before it started.

When a suspect requests an attorney, the interview must end.

What sort of mind games are you thinking of? Just wondering...
most of these guys are pretty good at games too, unfortunately. Even if it were allowed, they would probably get great satisfaction of sending LE on wild goose chases.

Well, the news didn't say much concerning the dogs. All that was really said was that they need the dogs to cover more areas, and it'll be hard without them.

Hardest part of hearing updates on Mickey now is it no longer says "Where is mickey?" it says "where the body is"

most of these guys are pretty good at games too, unfortunately. Even if it were allowed, they would probably get great satisfaction of sending LE on wild goose chases.

You have a point. They are good at mind games.
I was thinking that someone who has studied minds like these could come up with something. I don't have any mind games in mind. I was thinking about the things that these personalities respond to. I read something a while back and do not remember exactly but things like wanting to be known and they are impressed by their own brilliance...perhaps a trained person could use that.

What if BSL was hypnotized to reveal Mickey. Idk if I even believe in that but what if that worked? What about giving him MDMA (ecstasy) and have him heavily interviewed? Yeah these are both probably illegal....just so frustrating that murderers can just clam up and not say more then they have to.

LOL. my mind can't come up with mind games for serial predator killers. the only thing i can think of is the truth serum. there's a small part of him that if under the influence of that drug, would WANT to talk about it. after listening to the interview with Bundy, you can tell that he gets a high talking about it. Maybe, just maybe, he'd give up her location or at least narrow it down?? I've circled back to this. I know most don't agree with me on the truth serum.

So he buys 15,000 worth of raw land three years in a row? Or at least the bank finances it for him 3 years in a row. I guess the bank overlooks the character part in making a loan...

land and vehicles.

LOL. my mind can't come up with mind games for serial predator killers. the only thing i can think of is the truth serum. there's a small part of him that if under the influence of that drug, would WANT to talk about it. after listening to the interview with Bundy, you can tell that he gets a high talking about it. Maybe, just maybe, he'd give up her location or at least narrow it down?? I've circled back to this. I know most don't agree with me on the truth serum.

It isn't a matter of agreeing or not, lol, it just isn't done and never will be.

I read a book today by Michelle Dersbold,
Sex, Lies, and Handwriting

It was Great. She uses handwriting samples from notorious people to teach. She tell stories of crimes to go along with the samples. I learned a lot.

Personally, I think that the fine men who penned the Constitution 250 years ago might think differently about things if they had been able to see into the future, i.e. internet child *advertiser censored*, mass shootings, etc...JMO

I would be agreeable to using truth serum in a case like this, though I don't know how reliable it is.
Different things would work for different people.
Hypnotism....give it a try. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member