LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen talk of this, just never understood what people were "seeing". I won't ask you to elaborate since you said others react badly, but I just don't understand how this can even be a possibility.

It is definitely a hot seat subject. I don't see what many others have. The only thing I see is a light under the truck that looks like the bike light. There are a lot of abnormalities in this picture that in my opinion cannot be explained because you don't see it in the other pictures. In a way I feel I can see a bike seat near the light. But, I have stopped looking at the pictures.

More than anything I have just gone by the fact that she passed this spot within seconds to a minute before Brandon and was NEVER seen again. That coupled with what looks like a light under the front of the truck has led me to believe this.

Lots of people have reasons why this could not have happened but none of them have been strong enough to say that it is 100% not possible. With a crime like this logical just does not always apply. And we do not know that witnesses did not come forward from the gas station.

I have a silly question but it's still one I cannot seem to find an answer to or figure out since I'm not familiar with that area. Is the capture of BSL truck going the same direction as mickey from before his truck was seen going the opposite direction or after? I would assume that the one of his truck going the opposite way was first.. then he turned around to follow her?

I have not seen any fact released by police that the truck going the opposite direction is not the same truck. But, they have stated the the truck going in he same direction as Mickey was identified as being Brandon.

It's my opinion that if it is the same truck, there is no way to prove it so they have not focused on it.

as you can see in this thread almost all of our original sleuthers are gone. we have 24 members and 34 guests. not all of this is due to the DWT of course but a lot of it is. and i'm sure if they log on now it will help solidify that for them

Oh really?? This whole time I've been thinking that they were, mainly I guess because neither had a cover. Hmmm... :waitasec:

I believe people on here said the truck going in the opposite direction was a Ford while BSL's was a Chevy.

I've heard very early on in the investigation that LE told a fraternity member that it happened on Coliseum.

Was that part of her usual path? That's been my thought from early on. Unless that area has changed since I was there, that seems to be the most isolated area she could have been in. Which, in my opinion, would have been the ideal spot for BS to take any action.

as you can see in this thread almost all of our original sleuthers are gone. we have 24 members and 34 guests. not all of this is due to the DWT of course but a lot of it is. and i'm sure if they log on now it will help solidify that for them

I understand your frustration, danzn, and largely agree with it, but the shrinking numbers happen in every case that just kinda grinds out over time. I am a newbie member, but have lurked here for quite a while. I have seen it happen in Brittanee Drexel's case, Sierra LaMar's and Kelli Bordeaux's most recently. A couple months ago, I would read all evening to catch up with Kelli Bordeaux's thread...now many days, there may only be one or two posts. I appreciate teh people that do stay with a case for the long haul, but unfortunately, interest does wane for many when it seems no progress is being made for an extended period of time...rest assured if there is any big news in this case, they will flock back. JMO

Was that part of her usual path? That's been my thought from early on. Unless that area has changed since I was there, that seems to be the most isolated area she could have been in. Which, in my opinion, would have been the ideal spot for BS to take any action.

I'm not sure if that was her usual path or not. She didn't take the route that BW thought she would have so I'm not sure if anyone knew her usual route or not or if she changed it up sometimes. That seems the most likely place it would have happened because it is so dark and isolated. It hasn't changed at all and even more isolated with Lourdes Hospital vacant right before there.

I think, if I remember seeing the pic with the hooptie in it correctly, there are alot of shrubs and greenary. JMO, but if she were riding her bike on the sidewalk maybe the shrubs were in the way of anyone really seeing her well. From the angle of the camera it just seemed that way. But, certainly since the car was well into the street you would get a better shot. So that would maybe be why someone could see the car in the street but not her. Also, I don't remember them ever saying if that video was continuous or not. Some video only takes pics every few seconds, right?

I live in Lafayette. Born and raised Church Point. Mickey Shunick's story envelopes my heart and soul. I live only a few blocks from her May 19th, 2am ish destination. As avid cyclists, my husband and I ventured out one day to ride her ride. To ride for Mickey! From Ryan Street, to all prospective streets ~ lefts, rights, ... Our firm assumption...she never took a sidewalk.

KATC's Facebook:

New court documents filed today reveal details of what prosecutors say happened to Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate. Details on TV3 in just about 6 minutes!!!

They said that they believe he held both women (Pate and Shunick) against their will and possibly sexually assaulted them and killed them. Then moved their bodies and the evidence to try to cover up his crimes.

They said that they believe he held both women (Pate and Shunick) against their will and possibly sexually assaulted them and killed them. Then moved their bodies and the evidence to try to cover up his crimes.

Did they indicate how long they believe he held them?

No, it wasn't that detailed and they haven't posted the video to their page yet. It was apparently late breaking news and didn't appear on earlier 5 or 6 newscasts. Or really I don't know cause I work nights. I'm sure they'll update their page shortly with the actual video that aired live.

So he held her.. I had a feeling. I wonder for how long? Does anyone feel it was past the 19th? I can't imagine him having her somewhere alive while he went to the hospital. Gives more fact to the argument that she gave him those wounds though.

No, it wasn't that detailed and they haven't posted the video to their page yet. It was apparently late breaking news and didn't appear on earlier 5 or 6 newscasts. Or really I don't know cause I work nights. I'm sure they'll update their page shortly with the actual video that aired live.

Also said on the news that the DA wants at least 8 x 10 photos of both women displayed at the trial.

I understand your frustration, danzn, and largely agree with it, but the shrinking numbers happen in every case that just kinda grinds out over time. I am a newbie member, but have lurked here for quite a while. I have seen it happen in Brittanee Drexel's case, Sierra LaMar's and Kelli Bordeaux's most recently. A couple months ago, I would read all evening to catch up with Kelli Bordeaux's thread...now many days, there may only be one or two posts. I appreciate teh people that do stay with a case for the long haul, but unfortunately, interest does wane for many when it seems no progress is being made for an extended period of time...rest assured if there is any big news in this case, they will flock back. JMO

Oh I know, I am aware of that. It is normal now for members to wane now especially since there is an arrest, we are waiting for trial, there hasn't been new info for a while, etc. But members have announced in these threads they are leaving because of the DWT convo multiple times and there has always been a dip in convo afterwards because of this even when we had lots of people here. Just don't want to see it happen again especially when we're already so low on sleuthers! And yes I recognize you as one of the originals from the beginning SteveP! :seeya:

Portion of the article

The court record filed by the DA's office also claims the following information is fact: On or about May 19, 2012, Lavergne forcibly seized Mickey Shunick and carried her to another place where he refused to release her. It is alleged Lavergne "forced her to engage in non-consensual acts, and inflicted physical injury and/or sexual abuse". The document says Lavergne killed Mickey and moved evidence of the murder, including her body and belongings, "to locations with the intent to distort the results of the criminal investigation." Lavergne is also accused of obstruction of justice and the continued tampering of the body of Mickey Shunick. The state also adds that anyone knowing where Mickey's body may be could be charged with Accessories After the Fact.

Wow we always wondered if he held them. Since the kidnapping and murder charges are in the same parish does that mean they believe she was killing in Lafayette? Isn't his home in another parish? So would that mean he would have had to take her somewhere other than his home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member