LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They said that they recovered several ID's from his home. Independent wrote this, and I know they're questionable, but maybe this ties in with the 'continued tampering'. Taking ID cards off of a person....Would that be considered tampering with a body?

Also, maybe they are using reverse psychology with the statement about there being an accomplice. Perhaps its been thrown out there to rattle someone up who might be hiding something to force them to come forward, making the accomplice think the cops are onto them and causing them to come forward and cooperate vs being caught and not being able to get a lesser charge?

Is it routine for the DA to state in the record that anyone with knowledge of where Mickey may be could be charged with accessories after the fact? Or is it because there is suspicion someone knows? That is just as terrifying to me... That there are people who PROTECT and ENABLE these individuals. I hope that's not the case.
I find it interesting that it's alleged he bribed a DMV official with $500 to issue a non RSO license. I wonder when this was reported?
~Where are you, Mickey?~

I've really gotta sleep, but need to say that I believe BSL has had a very bad role model in his life. Someone who has possibly committed abusive acts towards women. We are not allowed to sleuth this person, but it would be very interesting to know more about a certain older man's history and possible criminal history. It may help explain, in part, how this monster was created. :twocents:

Thanks so much for this. This gives us a better sense of what type of evidence the State is basing its case on. I'm especially glad they're serving notice on folks who may have knowledge of Mickey's whereabouts. According to the article, the State will go after them as accessories after the fact if it turns out someone knows where Mickey's body is and hasn't shared that information with authorities. Now that BSL is in jail and will likely spend the rest of his life in prison, anyone who knows where Mickey is should let LE know, for her family's sake and so that justice can be served. It would be unconscionable to do otherwise. JMO, IMO

Wow that video really made it hit home about Mickey. Prayers to the Shunick family. If rape and murder can be made worse I think it could be by being held against your will. I don't know how long she was held for, I hope it was not long because that would be absolutely terrifying. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about and I can't even imagine how I'd feel if it was my sister or daughter. Prayers to Charlie!! :(((

Yes, removing things from a body would be tampering, I think that is possibly what they believe happened. Necrophelia and dismemberment would have charges of their own, IMO; I hate to see dire thoughts turn into fact.

Also they apparently do not believe he kept Mickey alive for any length of time; certainly not more than a few hours, IMO. Probably less. And really, the shorter amount of time, the better, since the outcome would likely be the same with more suffering.

His biological fathers mental history definitely needs to be looked into.

And they need to search his biological families properties in Texas. If they didn't want anything to do with him, he might have done this to spite them.

I apologize, I think my post was confusing. I was speaking of this court document that was just released today. I was speaking of the original court documents of the initial charges of aggravated kidnapping and murder one. Someone stated that they were both listed in the same parish which meant that they believe both crimes were done in the same parish. Law is not my specialty so I know nothing about this. But if this is the case then he would not have taken her to his home correct? Because his home is in another parish? This is what I meant, I hope this post makes more sense! I'm not asking about dates, just locations.

Yes did understand what you were stating but I would really like to look over the actually documents as those documents will give us a much clearer picture I am hoping as to what LE thinks happened and when as well as the dates.

I posted off your post but it was not directed at you.

I was just urging caution till we get to review them. Right now we are relying on someone else's understanding and often we find it may initially be disclosed wrong in the MSM.

I enjoy your posts and they are thought out well. :)

Not a fact but someone close to me told me a fraternity member was told by LE the weekend it happened that the abduction happened on Coliseum.

That's also where the locals said the crime scene tape was, etc. And in the area where LE said it happened... but well I guess that's not enough.

And they need to search his biological families properties in Texas. If they didn't want anything to do with him, he might have done this to spite them.

That's a very interesting thought! You could be right. I also believe, as I stated earlier, that BSL has had a very bad role model - someone who is not blood related - that he has probably emulated - and who may still be a factor in his sick behavior. :twocents:

One that would come to mind is dismemberment as much as I dislike typing that.

Gruesome thoughts below-read at your own risk.

Okay, now that you opened that can of worms...BSL had an uncle who was murdered in 1999 who was a butcher. In some pictures of a house there were some saws that may have been his dads in a workshop or may have been the uncles from the butcher shop. No-one seems to know if BSL hunted ( any gun cabinets in the house pics?) If he did they may have but here'd there own meat. Even if they didn't hunt or butcher their own catch, watching his uncle may have taught him a lot. Which brings me to wonder if maybe he had a portable saw in his tool box and dismembered poor Mickey and put her in a weighted duffle back in a bayou somewhere. :(

That's also where the locals said the crime scene tape was, etc. And in the area where LE said it happened... but well I guess that's not enough.

I am the local that said it. Or, one of them. I have not heard anyone say she was abducted there but possibly taken to that area after being abducted.

I find it interesting that police are going to include details about his first sexual assault case as they feel the circumstances were identical to both Mickey and Lisa's cases except for that the last two resulted in death.

This leads me to assume they must have evidence that they were tied up.

whew! I finally caught up, but now I'm so tired I'm ready to sleep, but I have so much to say.

tampering with the body could mean taking pictures of. i'm thinking LE must have found pictures because without a confession or Mickey's body, how else would they know how similar these cases are to the Evangeline Parish case?

I don't think he has an accomplice, but I do think he likes to talk. I have heard that he told another inmate about Lisa Pate while he was in jail for the Evangeline Parish rape. This could be rumor. I say it again, this is not fact. But it makes sense on their trying to indict him for LPs murder in 2008. Another inmate may have told LE as BSLs sentence was nearing the end. IF his telling another inmate is true, LE may think that he may have told someone about Mickey. Remember when about 3 weeks ago they moved him to the 2nd floor? Maybe they moved him to be on a floor with roomies in hopes of him talking??

I would love to know what they mean exactly in reference to the tracking devices. Were they tracking him early on? Maybe they started tracking him right after his RSO check in. I sure hope so!

I would like to say something on a side note.

I commend everyone who has participated and contributed, both good and bad.

I know none of you personally, but each day I log on, I associate each person's screen name with my perception of a personality to it. justwannahelp, firefox, laffytaffy, etc. Although I don't know you, I can identify you by your posts, humor, knowledge, and tireless dedication. I have been here every single day, but I don't posts that much because things frustrate me and I get my posts deleted. I will be here until the end and hope everyone else will be here as well.

If I ever go missing, I hope that I get even 10% of the effort to find me from this motley crew (I mean that in a good way!!)

Peace and happiness to all. Going back under my reclusive proverbial rock.

you better come back and drop in now and again!! i enjoyed your input tonight! thanks for the updates and your posts! :seeya:

The crimes against Mickey began in Lafayette so even if he brought her to St Landry Parish at some point Lafayette could retain jurisdiction over the entire prosecution. IIRC. Every element of a crime doesn't have to happen within the boundaries of a jurisdiction, I believe where the crime originates is the factor.

Gruesome thoughts below-read at your own risk.

Okay, now that you opened that can of worms...BSL had an uncle who was murdered in 1999 who was a butcher. In some pictures of a house there were some saws that may have been his dads in a workshop or may have been the uncles from the butcher shop. No-one seems to know if BSL hunted ( any gun cabinets in the house pics?) If he did they may have but here'd there own meat. Even if they didn't hunt or butcher their own catch, watching his uncle may have taught him a lot. Which brings me to wonder if maybe he had a portable saw in his tool box and dismembered poor Mickey and put her in a weighted duffle back in a bayou somewhere. :(

Yes I did know this but thanks :) and I took that into consideration as well. They did state tampering but as we all know that could cover a number of things.

As well, thanks for that information regarding that location earlier truly appreciated :). Also his one step father was involved in something similar which means he was probably exposed or had knowledge of that as well.

This is only going to get worse sad to say.

It had been listed as one of his locations on a document I came across but I am thinking that it was a mailing address. It did help bring things into perspective for me !

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor
There are also two warrants to install tracking devices. One was from the 15th JDC in Lafayette; the other warrant was for the 2009 Silverado, belonging to Lavergne, from the 25th JDC in Plaquemines Parish.

I find this interesting they were tracking him in Plaquemines parish any one remember when he was offshore.

BBM

Venice is located in Plaquemine parish; possibly the police placed a device on his truck when he went out on his last hitch offshore.

Not a fact but someone close to me told me a fraternity member was told by LE the weekend it happened that the abduction happened on Coliseum.

Then why is LE not saying that instead of being very vague about where it happened. Coliseum is a pretty long road.

I agree. They should look at the mental history of his birth parents.
And people that might have influenced him as a child.
Seems to me that nature and nurture could play a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06