LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anything else been mentioned about the people who went in to Walmart and came out wearing new clothes?

(O/T, reminder to anyone who has been here all day and neglected all their Sunday duties (like me), to put a load of clothes in the washer so you and/or your DH have clean clothes for the work week!)

(I am not minimizing the seriousness of all this because it is all VERY SERIOUS, just wanted to remind you guys so you don't have to do the smell test tomorrow and wear dirty clothes!)

I've been trying to reply to several of your posts you have actually put a smile on my face several times lol.

Errr I missed church and been in my gown all day talk about embarrassing 😳 Thanks to my family I can just jump back to bed in a few 😊

#PrayforBatonRouge 🎗

Tillman said Jackson had been "stressed out" and "depressed" by the recent shootings in Baton Rouge and Dallas, and said many he knew on the force had been discouraged. "I remember Montrell got on Facebook the other day and posted that he hopes that his son won't ever become a police officer so he wouldn't have to deal with the BS that comes with the job," he said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ba...-every-call-friends-family-mourn-loss-n611261

Has anything else been mentioned about the people who went in to Walmart and came out wearing new clothes?

That was these guys:

9:05 p.m.

A state police spokesman says two "persons of interests" who were detained earlier Sunday have been released.

Major Doug Cain said late Sunday that the individuals from Addis were questioned and released but that the investigation was still ongoing. He said no charges were filed against them.

Cain said authorities are still looking to see if the man who opened fire on police in Baton Rouge had any help — "indirectly, directly here or at home."

A gunman killed two Baton Rouge police officers and sheriff's deputy early Sunday before he was shot and killed.
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/fb94.../latest-3-officers-dead-3-injured-baton-rouge

I've been trying to reply to several of your posts you have actually put a smile on my face several times lol.

Errr I missed church and been in my gown all day talk about embarrassing  Thanks to my family I can just jump back to bed in a few 

#PrayforBatonRouge 

(Awww, thanks. That might be my goal in life. :heart: I think Dockins said it best earlier...going back for his post...)

Ugh! Not again! :mad: :furious:

First Dallas and now Baton Rouge.

I would not be surprised if Gavin Long is an injustice collector/grudge holder/injustice creator. Almost every mass killer has been an injustice collector as far as I have noticed.

I just read about this terrible tragedy. I cannot believe what is becoming of our wonderful country. I feel like most people try to live their lives and try to help their community prosper and treat people the way they want to be treated. Then there are always a select few in every town that believe the world owes them a free ride, and horrible things happen and all the good people are the ones who have to suffer because of a bunch of low-lifes. Sending love and prayers to the citizens of BR.

Repectfully, there is no "drift" - in Dallas he made it clear he was doing what he was doing in direct repsonse to the events the week earlier. That is not drift - it is direct casue and effect. How can there be a dialog, about the event, without discussing the motivation clearly stated by the perp?

Same here - [FONT=&amp]made references to Alton Sterling, the black man killed by police in Baton Rouge on July 5.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

Again , that is not drift - in fact most dialog on threads here, as in life, regard motivation - that is what anyone is attmepting to do when dealing with crime.

Again, repectfully, in all walks of life, in any domain, about anything, IMO ones notions about whatever it is we are referring are flavored by past experiences with whatever is being discussed.

Yes, when I read broad proclamitations that basically do not acknoledge that the system in this country has some very widespread issues. It is not only cops, its the prison system, it the prosctors. Its the judges, it the courts.

As a minority, I def feel, sadly, that I am in a postion to know , to a larger degree than non minorites, what the AA community is living now, and has been for decades. I have lived it.

The truth here, is mainstream society is only being exposed to a very small amount of what is going on here - thanx to cell phones. You bet I welcome cops who engage in crimes ending up in jail.

I certainly hope that noone who hears me says that hears me saying all cops are bad, I do not think that. I feel the same way about MUslims, and have "reared up" (ha) when those kind of statements are made.

Its a bright group here - there certainly cannot be folks here, that in the past 18 months can not acknowledge watching the system aquit cop after cop, who , with our own eyes, have seen no threatening behavior to warrent ending up dead.

Then the dialog "drifts" in to all their criminal backgrounds. Irrelvant IMO. When dead, the only thing that matters is what was happening in the 45 seconds before they were murdered. There is a reason for the term "excesive force"

A law enforcement officer has the right to use such force as is reasonably necessary under the circumstances to make a lawful arrest. An unreasonable seizure occurs when a law enforcement officer uses excessive forcein making a lawful arrest.

IMO

<mod snip>

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/17/b...ckers-on-youtube-channel-video/#ixzz4EirYAgkv[/FONT]

It isn't cause and effect. It is the connection made by a disturbed mind.

If there are a rash of burglaries in my town, even if there were a rash of murders, and me and my neighbors are left feeling terrified that we could be next, and the police announce that they have tied them all to a gang of young Hispanic men, that could never, EVER justify me just going out and finding the first young Hispanic man I see and opening fire and calling that justice.

Yet that is exactly what both of these two killers did. We can never excuse it, never condone it, never rationalize it.

Wonder why the person in the house listed as Long's last known address is holding the police at bay with a gun/rifle?

Was he actually at the scene and a shooter who got away? What is he guilty of doing? He has to know that he will be the loser and will die by his actions of not allowing the police inside. It is a shame

I certainly hope there is information inside that house that will tie all this senseless shooting today together.

"Montrell Jackson, slain police officer: 'If you need a hug ... I got you'"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/baton-rouge-officer-profiles/index.html
attachment.php

"Montrell Jackson

Jackson, who leaves behind a wife and daughter, had been with the department for 10 years, his uncle Charles Cavalier told CNN affiliate WAFB.

He loved the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans almost as much as he loved his family, his community and his job, Cavalier said.

He was "one of the best guys you'd ever want to know," Cavalier said."

To those who shared Jackson's Facebook post after it surfaced on social media, the missive spoke volumes about his character."

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-17-20-58-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-17-20-58-18.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_2016-07-17-21-35-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-17-21-35-33.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 82
Ugh! Not again! :mad: :furious:

First Dallas and now Baton Rouge.

I would not be surprised if Gavin Long is an injustice collector/grudge holder/injustice creator. Almost every mass killer has been an injustice collector as far as I have noticed.

That would make sense. One too many and the bucket spilled over. It could be as simple as someone gave him toast instead of French toast.

I completely understand the need for a bit of levity and a brief respite from the horror that we (collectively) have witnessed today, but please try to stay focused on this case and limit the O/T posts. Thanks so much!

I think those were the 2 detained in Addis, Louisiana who were released without charges. One of the witnesses saw someone else besides the dead shooter with a gun at the scene.

Well, I'm not convinced all his travels really happened. I would like confirmation.

And, I think self-publishing a book can be done rather inexpensively.

IDK.

I'm hoping that tomorrow, we'll know more.

jmo

Where can I find the post with a link to his travels to other countries? TYIA

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member