LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
he approached an empty police cruiser ready to fire on it but it was empty so he moved on
he then targetted another cruiser but by the time he parked and went for it the officer had pulled out (LUCKY)

drjones, I'm assuming this is from the presser. I'm not able to listen so thank you!

Wow, listening to the horrific murders step by agonizing step is heart breaking and infuriating at the same time.

I'm so fed up with this open season on the brave men and women who risk their lives on a daily basis to protect everyone--even the ones that want them dead!

:gaah:

What a coward. I can't express what I really feel about this piece of trash here.....I'm glad he's dead.

he was moving tactically around buildings and on at least one occasion he went back to ensure he had killed an officer by firing more shots directly into him

a SWAT team member that had just arrived on scene spotted him and got a very difficult shot on him from approx. 100 yards thru obstacles and killed him

this shot likely saved the lives of two injured officers that the shooter was probably going to finish off judging by his prior actions

If Baton Rouge City Swat hadn't arrived on scene there would be more dead officers. He was "finishing off" the officers he wounded.

The third LEO killed died trying to save the second LEO

"we have no doubt he was going to move on to another location, he was going to go right to the headquarters and take more lives"

The second long gun was in the car, that is why LE thinks he was going to another location the murder more.

They have no doubt that he was headed to other locations to take out officers. The Swat team made "a helluva shot" in the words of the Police Chief.

It's heartbreaking listening to this press conference. The police chief mentioned how some were complaining about the BRPD being militarized and now you know why!

Saying that the Officer that is in critical condition is not doing well at all.

They knew the shooter was specifically targeting officers because he encountered several citizens along the way and didn't engage with any of them.

WWL-TV ‏@WWLTV [video=twitter;755127879785123840]https://twitter.com/WWLTV/status/755127879785123840[/video]
Sheriff Gautreaux on Officer Tullier: "It's in God's hands. He's not in good shape at all."

shooter had no assistance from any other person at the scene, cannot rule out help at other times

They have no doubt that he was headed to other locations to take out officers. The Swat team made "a helluva shot" in the words of the Police Chief.

It's heartbreaking listening to this press conference. The police chief mentioned how some were complaining about the BRPD being militarized and now you know why!

IMO, the U.S. police do need to be more militarized-- much more. Especially in riot areas, and crime ridden areas. Mandatory body armor and helmets, at the very least.

I'm currently in Europe. I'm regularly seeing police patrolling and standing guard with rifles out and ready in all transit hubs and touristy areas. It makes me feel much safer.

Governor: " I don't know if it's good or bad for a governor to cry, but I sure do!" Me, too, governor, me, too!

Devastated. Weeping. The police chief, was clearly in anguish. He did not read. I am visual. He told, the world, what happened. He told the world how "his guys" did what they did.

He told and showed the world, at how these guys, ran around , unprotected, from bullets. They stood in the line of fire, and three of them are dead. three more dont know.

It was the most moving presser I have ever experinced. He wants the world to know what happened to his friends. He wanted the world to know , how they stood out there, in the wild openess, when some person is shooting.

They ran all over the place trying to stop this.

Am I fan of LE - not. I have been abused by them. My freinds have been. My gay community has been in the 80's.

I am capable of moving -- are these men heros, after watching this press conf - totally. I can not imagine, maybe some of my tears are related to the "openess" of running around, with no buildings to hide behind- they still ran towards.

As it went on, they knew he was fine to kill them. By that I mean they saw cooleagues killed and shot, but they kept, with no cover, running towards.

Cleaning up here, have Kleenex, it was devasting.

Will I be capable of forgiving the abuse experienced , nah.Has the last 15 minutes changed my emotionial state as it relates to this event. The only answer I have is yes. It is painful-

I am sorry, I can not get a grip on him, cause of my profession, often I can. He is just I do not know the words, or the understanding, he is one of the most scary "things" --- the more that comes out the more confusing it gets.

. That is not how, in any instance about anything , usually how it works. Information typically adds understanding.

It is not happening- it gets worse and worse , more confusing, and harder to grasp.

It is becoming, more and more ****$d up. It is , at its worst , distressing, we need to , at some level, "get" some understanding of "what"

Why?

It is truly, truly, messed up

IMO

War is HE!! No doubt about it. It leaves it's mark on all who are exposed to it. But IMO it has nothing to do with what this monster did. There are hundreds of thousands on men and women who return to the U.S. to live out productive, honest, respectable lives. If serving in the military was the cause of this evil, we, as a country would have been wiped out a long time ago. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back