LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am finding it interesting that so many of these violent offenders were previously in the military.

Maybe more needs to be done, before turning these people loose, like an assessment of potential harm to self or others on discharge, and if appropriate, to send these people someplace for treatment before discharge.

What I have seen, is a PITA, is usually thrown a bone, like 50% SC, for some issue, to just get rid of them. And they are back in society....still unbalanced, but no one wants to deal with their mental health issues, that probably existed prior to military service.

I don't think these murders had one thing to do with him being an ex-Marine who had been out of the Corps for 6 years. All it may have done is make him a marksman shooter but then many who have never served are also ace shot shooters.

By and large most people who have served in the military are some of the most law abiding citizens in our country. Very few ever do what this mass murderer did. He is a total disgrace and I find it offensive that the media have to inject he was a Marine when he hadn't even been in for 6 years. He was certainly no Marine with core values like the vast majority who have served with great honor who come out of the Corps and keep those core values by becoming outstanding citizens.

This had nothing to do with being a Marine. This had everything to do with a man filled with blind hatred against police officers he never even knew.

Officer Tullier, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

War is HE!! No doubt about it. It leaves it's mark on all who are exposed to it. But IMO it has nothing to do with what this monster did. There are hundreds of thousands on men and women who return to the U.S. to live out productive, honest, respectable lives. If serving in the military was the cause of this evil, we, as a country would have been wiped out a long time ago. JMO

He wasn't even in a combat area when serving overseas. His military service had nothing to do with him shooting 6 officers. IMO

IMO, the U.S. police do need to be more militarized-- much more. Especially in riot areas, and crime ridden areas. Mandatory body armor and helmets, at the very least.

I'm currently in Europe. I'm regularly seeing police patrolling and standing guard with rifles out and ready in all transit hubs and touristy areas. It makes me feel much safer.

I never, ever thought I would agree with a post like this, but I sure as hell do now.

Interesting quote. jmo

moo looking for more than it is -- something was wrong with this dude - thats it. He is not IMO a terrorist or anything like that. Some days he felt like a lot of water would help him with his stuff.

The next day, he felt apples might be great. The next day he felt as if standing sidewise for 32 seconds, followed by standing upright for 27 seconds, with a finale of standing on his toes for 12.8 seconds would alleviate what ever was going on for him.

moo

No terrorist (!) make recordings a week before this going on a stupid rampage about he is affilated with nothing, and his body is alive when it no longer has blood moving through it.

moo

Officer Tullier, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Another day of tears. The PC was very hard for me to get through. My heart is broken all over again.

My prayers are with all of them as they go through this tremendous loss.

Every time one of the officers or other spokespersons would choke up my tears would come once again.

Its like a trail of never ending tears for our country since these tragedies are happening way too often now.

IMO

I think our definitions of 'terrorist' are not written in stone...

That picture on Long's wall of what looks like a black mask sure looks like pretty much the call sign of a definite terrorist group...

I am finding it interesting that so many of these violent offenders were previously in the military.

Maybe more needs to be done, before turning these people loose, like an assessment of potential harm to self or others on discharge, and if appropriate, to send these people someplace for treatment before discharge.

What I have seen, is a PITA, is usually thrown a bone, like 50% SC, for some issue, to just get rid of them. And they are back in society....still unbalanced, but no one wants to deal with their mental health issues, that probably existed prior to military service.

Makes so much sense that a lot of this is from people who have been over there. They spent months lying in ditches, waiting for "hate" to try and kill them. Their only hope was to sleep with machine guns. Their skill set (killing ) with accuracy, is the only thing they came back with.

PTSD is real. Imagine hangin out with 125,000 people who dispise you and want to kill you.

IMO, makes total sense that a lot of these folks use guns, to kill, hate, be afraid, be overwhelmed, cant adjust back to where they are not surrounded by a bunch of human beings that only want to shoot you

IMO, the U.S. police do need to be more militarized-- much more. Especially in riot areas, and crime ridden areas. Mandatory body armor and helmets, at the very least.

I'm currently in Europe. I'm regularly seeing police patrolling and standing guard with rifles out and ready in all transit hubs and touristy areas. It makes me feel much safer.

ITA! They have become the very ones who need protecting now. They have become the ones who are stalked and hunted. We owe it to all of our police officers in our nation to give them all the best necessary equipment available so that they can protect themselves. No matter where they serve they need to be in full protection gear at all times and be given military weapons so maybe a regular officer can bring down a mass murderer like this without having to wait for the SWAT snipers to arrive. All departments across the nation also need to have armored vehicles as another protection from those who want to murder them.

Hi neesaki

This occurred during a search for possible other suspects and BR LEO pulled this vehicle over and took them into custody for questioning. The LE then towed the vehicle to search.

Later these 2 were released and I don't know anything else except what was told by reporters.

#PrayforBatonRouge 

Did it have Texas plates ? If so, rather interesting. Have you posted over on the MB thread ? Just in case. :) TIA

How sad!!!
Prayers to both of these wounded deputies and their families!

I am very worried that the fourth officer who is critically wounded is not going to make it. He sounds just like the other ambushed police officer in MO who cant breathe on his own and it will require a machine to keep him alive. In the PC today it was also said the BR officer here is on life support.:(

I don't know about anyone else but I sure got the impression they know a whole heck of a lot more information about this guy than they are willing to release right now with the investigation still in its infancy.

I can certainly see future arrests as a possibility. IMO

Hate can make you crazy, but not in a legal sense.

:cow:

I have wondered if he could have been mentally ill, maybe undiagnosed ? Having hallucinations, paranoia, perhaps delusions of persecution ? Just a thought, I have no idea. As you say, hate can make you crazy, not the same as "mental illness". jmo

I agree, it was a lure kill. jmo

Of course it was -- he drove to Dallas - I firmly beleive that he wanted to do that - but hey someone else started earilier

he went home and saw all the media

appealing to him

my turn

Kevin Frey ‏@KevinWAFB [video=twitter;755120254695514112]https://twitter.com/KevinWAFB/status/755120254695514112[/video]
Col. Edmonson now showing photos of suspect at scene and weapons on him (a rifle and pistol)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back