LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Eyewitness video of the shooting. Insane:

[video=twitter;754743860207636480]https://twitter.com/PoliticalShort/status/754743860207636480[/video]

Why. Are. You. Standing. There . Filming.

Peroid

Sorry......................dumb................................run

The facebook page for a GL (and posts responding to it) are being removed unless/until we have confirmation whether or not it is the individual involved in this incident.

New Freedom Group in Provo, Utah. Has a group in Kansas City.

http://www.profiwiki.com/m/info/eWRXV2RUS3lk/Provo%2C+Utah/Manager/Gene-Parrish

If that is the New Freedom Group linked to Long, then he will link to this guy, a notoriously unsuccessful paper scammer:

http://m.deseretnews.com/article/576717/Investment-schemer-gets-10-years.html?pg=all

Can't say for sure if that is the "maybe" sovereign citizen connection, but a possibility.
Looking more at the guy. Same guy is still at it as of last year:

Courthouse News Service Friday, April 17, 2015

http://www.courthousenews.com/2015/04/17/theft.htm

SALT LAKE CITY - An investor claims Strategic Capital Enterprises et al. stole $500,000 he sent them; click headline to see the defendants in Utah County Court.
Here are the defendants: Strategic Capital Enterprises Inc.; Ken Phillips; New Freedom Group LLC; Gene Parrish; Grove Plaza LLC; Kraig Robinson; Lyle Kenny; The Ghatt Law Group; and Jeneba Jalloh Ghatt.

[video=twitter;754791437636608000]https://twitter.com/ladyhaja/status/754791437636608000[/video]

:( :( :(

So unfair.

Tears after reading this. Sounds like a wonderful man full of integrity and a bright future. I'll never understand this kind of senseless murder.

The New Freedom Group is the name of a company that this guy is listed as the manager of. Do you think the BR shooter was an employee of his?

Geez. Where to start explaining how these "companies" function. I suggest reading up on sovereign citizens at ADL and SPLC.

I don't know if this is the same New Freedom Group connected to Long. It is a possibility as I said in my OP that it could be because in the OP I also linked to a (not-1997) listing where this New Freedom Group is also in Kansas City.

FWIW, I don't think the "maybe" sovereign citizen and the naming of New Freedom Group was pulled out of thin air or someone's backside.

There is something there in Long's background and it will come out with better sourcing.

Do I know that it's the Provo New Freedom Group? No. Simply a possibility.

JMO, Long is likely to be a toxic hybrid of American ideologies.

I'm edgy as ****

This is not a nice time to be newly widowed. I can't imagine what it must be like for all those who lost loved ones to terrors attacks and violence. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a spouse of a police officer in the US.

Sorry for the slight O/T but I realised I hadn't eaten because I had been following here all day. And went for a walk to get food. I was constantly looking over my shoulder and at faces of people I walked past. Even in my relatively quiet little hamlet I'm spooked and jumpy.

I'm a 'recovering' (work in progress) agoraphobic. Never has shutting myself away again felt more and more appealing, but I promised myself, and for my late DH I would not. Ugh

You are not alone in your thoughts sweet Skibs. :heart:

I have never felt apprehensive about getting out and about but I no longer can say that now. Thank goodness in our area its been peaceful and in the town/county that butts up with ours it is predominantly AA. There have been no protest or violence in our area at all. Last night the AA religious leaders got together along with other AAs to pray and all went very well. They even had people assigned to make sure no one left behind garbage on the ground. Surprisingly for some I guess because I live in the deep south and have always been around AAs all of my life. We just don't have the strife or violent protests many of the other places are going through now. But I still feel apprehensive now when I have to go somewhere. It is times like this I could really stay inside my home and never leave but of course I wont but I am watching my surroundings closely more than ever before. I also do not go into certain areas without my firearm and I am glad that I do have a CWP.

Hopefully it will all calm down across our nation.

I do have a grandson who is a Sgt with the Sheriff's Department here and I have never been more worried for his safety as I am now. All of his family and friends are very worried but I guess that is to be expected with the times like they are now. Even a simple task can turn deadly for any police officer now whether it is serving a warrant, simple traffic stop or answering a 911 call or even being in their police vehicle. In fact a couple of weeks ago in Valdosta Georgia a police officer was ambushed by the man who called 911 and then shot the officer several times when he showed up to assist him. Thank God he is going to make it. He is one of the lucky ones among so many lately that haven't had the luck he did.:(

Geez. Where to start explaining how these "companies" function. I suggest reading up on sovereign citizens at ADL and SPLC.

I don't know if this is the same New Freedom Group connected to Long. It is a possibility as I said in my OP that it could be because in the OP I also linked to a (not-1997) listing where this New Freedom Group is also in Kansas City.

FWIW, I don't think the "maybe" sovereign citizen and the naming of New Freedom Group was pulled out of thin air or someone's backside.

There is something there in Long's background and it will come out with better sourcing.

Do I know that it's the Provo New Freedom Group? No. Simply a possibility.

JMO, Long is likely to be a toxic hybrid of American ideologies.

Thanks. If this shooter is tied to a group I will read up on said group. Not much to read on the New Freedom Group that I can find.

It's possible the New Freedom Group is, in fact, new.

I'm holding off my research until I know WHY there are reports the shooter was affiliated with this group. Where is that info coming from? Did he had a card in his wallet, a note, what?

jmo

It's possible the New Freedom Group is, in fact, new.

I'm holding off my research until I know WHY there are reports the shooter was affiliated with this group. Where is that info coming from? Did he had a card in his wallet, a note, what?

jmo

Didn't they say one of them had ties? Maybe its the other two and not him?

Please discuss the case only as presented via MSM and LE. Leave politics/POTUS, gun control, race/religion out of this discussion. If Admin decides to relax the rules on any of those topics, we'll let you know.
:tyou:

From Heavy:

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/gavin...er-gunman-suspect-name-identified-age-photos/

“Little is known so far about Gavin Eugene Long. His birthday was Sunday, July 17, according to public records. He turned 29.”

“Long served in the Marine Corps, CBS News reports. He left the Marines in 2010 with an honorable discharge as a sergeant at the E-5 level.”

“The Los Angeles Times, citing a federal law enforcement official, says Long was a “black separatist,” but did not provide any other details.“

“Public records show Long has lived in Kansas City and Grandview, Missouri. He has also lived in San Diego, California, and Tuscaloosa, Alabama. No ties to Louisiana have been found.”

“A reporter from Kansas City says she went to the address where Long lived and was met by someone armed with a gun:”​

Nothing etched in stone.

I'm edgy as ****

This is not a nice time to be newly widowed. I can't imagine what it must be like for all those who lost loved ones to terrors attacks and violence. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a spouse of a police officer in the US.

Sorry for the slight O/T but I realised I hadn't eaten because I had been following here all day. And went for a walk to get food. I was constantly looking over my shoulder and at faces of people I walked past. Even in my relatively quiet little hamlet I'm spooked and jumpy.

I'm a 'recovering' (work in progress) agoraphobic. Never has shutting myself away again felt more and more appealing, but I promised myself, and for my late DH I would not. Ugh

God Bless You!

I, for one, cannot understand any logical reason for all the hate in our world. I suppose it's just the devil at work.

Tears after reading this. Sounds like a wonderful man full of integrity and a bright future. I'll never understand this kind of senseless murder.

<modsnip>

Am I advocating killing people who made this career their choice , no Pilots choose dangeroues jobs, Skyscraper builders choose dangeroes jobs. Some jobs involve more risk than others.

There is a cause and effect going on here, and until that is understood this is not going to stop MOO

1Logging workers110.978
2Fishers and related fishing workers80.822
3Aircraft pilots and flight engineers6482
4Roofers47.483
5Refuse and recyclable material collectors35.827
6Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers26.7270
7Structural iron and steel workers25.215
8Driver/sales workers and truck drivers24.7880
9Electrical power-line installers and repairers19.225
10Taxi drivers and chauffeurs1868
11First-line supervisors of construction trades and extraction workers17.9130
12Construction laborers16.9208
13First-line supervisors of landscaping, lawn service, and groundskeeping workers16.433
14Maintenance and repairs workers, general14.468
15Police and sheriff's patrol officers13.597
16Grounds maintenance workers13.1158
17First-line supervisors of mechanics, installers, and repairers12.338
18Painters, construction and maintenance10.846
19Electricians10.479
Telecommunications line installers and repairers1019

http://time.com/4326676/dangerous-jobs-america/

imrs.php

Thanks. If this shooter is tied to a group I will read up on said group. Not much to read on the New Freedom Group that I can find.

No, there isn't. I guarantee you that as we type, there are folks scouring the bushes and their sources about Long and what he has been involved in.

Once we learn what those things are, there will be no shortage of words written about whatever his alleged New Freedom Group and "maybe" sovereign citizen connection.

It may be that if he is connected to a New Freedom Group that it is totally unrelated to sovereign citizens.

I follow that stuff somewhat closely and I will certainly share here what I find coming up in this regard, whether it indicates he was a believer in that ideology, or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leoa69
Back