LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You didn't offend me. I'm not sure how open carry relates to this event.

The initial call to LE was to report a guy with a mask, wearing all black, having a long arm on him. This was the 911 call. For those of us who don't live in an open carry state, it's good to know what others see on a daily basis.

Have official sources said Gavin Long's race?

Wall Street Journal being cited as having the name of the group Long belonged to. WSJ has it behind their paywall, but I trust the IBT and some of the others to have the information cited accurately.

The suspect was from Missouri and was affiliated with an anti-government group called the New Freedom Group, the Wall Street Journal reported. Officials said the suspect, who was reportedly black, was killed during a shootout with police.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/baton-rouge-shooting-what-we-know-so-far-about-fatal-assault-police-1571073

http://www.wsj.com/articles/more-than-one-police-officer-shot-in-baton-rouge-1468768712

Agree

Tragic days in Baltimore when Freddie died

Tragic day in Clevand when he died

Tragic day in when Sterling was killed

Tragic day in Statin Island when Gardner died

Tragic day in Minnsoata when he was killed

Tragic days when Trevon was killed

Too many more to mention

but agree, tradegy all the way around

I was quoting from the press conference.

If he is part of a group...that makes me wonder if there are other people involved in this incident in one way or another.

WAFB ‏@WAFB https://twitter.com/WAFB/status/754789442892824576[/video]
MORE: Gerald graduated from BRPD Academy in March. He was a former Marine and former Black Hawk crew chief in the US Army.

WAFB ‏@WAFB [video=twitter;754790462880358400]https://twitter.com/WAFB/status/754790462880358400[/video]
CONT: Gerald was married with two children. His wife says he had just been released to work on his own on July 5.

What does, "According to Person Briefed on Investigation" mean?

And...
Has anyone ever heard of this New Freedom Group?
I tried to Google it, and got a bunch of listings for alcoholics anonymous meetings.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The initial call to LE was to report a guy with a mask, wearing all black, having a long arm on him. This was the 911 call. For those of us who don't live in an open carry state, it's good to know what others see on a daily basis.
Even in open carry states, it's rare to see someone carrying.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What does, "According to Person Briefed on Investigation" mean?

And...
Has anyone ever heard of this New Freedom Group?

I'm taking this information with a grain of salt. Could be a rumor designed to deflect from the truth. JMO

Under a sweater would be concealed and you need a license for that.

I don't know how you might know suspicious vs. non-suspicious.

I think a very good indicator in this case as to whether they were suspicious or not was to see someone dressed in all black or maybe also in a mask in the summertime in BRL where the high heat and humidity is insufferable.

I have grown up around guns all of my life but I have never seen anyone toting rifles up and down the street unless they are inside of their trucks on a rack during hunting season or they just bought one at a hunting store and are bringing it out of a store. I do see quite a few citizens who have handguns in a holster on a pistol belt. They are easy to see. In fact if I go into a restaurant and there isn't any police officers there at the time if some gentlemen or ladies has theirs on, I feel much much safer. That is why I don't go to stores that restrict legal firearms altogether or puts a sign on the window they are gun free zones. Some stores are so strict about it they wont even let police officers who are on duty come in with their legal service weapons. Of course at times these stores get held up too and then they want the officers to come.

Weren't there also some openly carrying weapons during the Dallas BLM protest?

Several have said they are going to show up with their weapons at the RNC starting tomorrow. Kasich said there isn't anything he can do about it so lets hope those with firearms will be like those in Dallas and don't plan on shooting anyone.

I'm edgy as ****

This is not a nice time to be newly widowed. I can't imagine what it must be like for all those who lost loved ones to terrors attacks and violence. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a spouse of a police officer in the US.

Sorry for the slight O/T but I realised I hadn't eaten because I had been following here all day. And went for a walk to get food. I was constantly looking over my shoulder and at faces of people I walked past. Even in my relatively quiet little hamlet I'm spooked and jumpy.

I'm a 'recovering' (work in progress) agoraphobic. Never has shutting myself away again felt more and more appealing, but I promised myself, and for my late DH I would not. Ugh

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back