LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Today is his birthday, black male from kansas city missouri, 29 yr old. per fox news.

Slightly off-topic but I live in an open-carry state and I've actually only seen someone doing so once since January when the law went into effect. That was last week at lunch at a sandwich shop and he had a sidearm. He looked like he might be a small business owner. Of course I live in an urban setting (Austin). You might see more in a rural area.

Also the entry on Wikipedia states that you can't carry the firearm in a "manner calculated to cause alarm. "
http://https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Texas

"Long gun and black powder weapon (including handgun) open carry is not forbidden by law, unless in a manner "calculated to cause alarm."
"Effective January 1, 2016, individuals with a handgun carry license will be permitted to carry openly, per House Bill 910 of the 2015 legislative session. Non-residents from states whose permits are recognized by Texas will also be allowed to open carry under the new law."

In the Governo's Press Conference, one of the speakers said "this isn't about gun control". I thought that was odd, and kind of wondered what I had missed but in looking over some Sovereign Citizen info, one of the things they are 'very into' is 2nd Ammendment stuff.

And then, I remembered that Gavin Seim, the guy who livestreamed David Fry and the other three holdouts at the Muldeur Refuge is a Sovereign Citizen sort.

So, here is what SPLC had to say about Seim almost two years ago:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch...will-not-comply’-rally-led-youthful-‘patriot’

Of course it remains to be seen exactly what happened today in Baton Rouge and who is responsible.

"This is a timeline of events concerning the 3 officers killed in the line of duty as reported by Colonel Edmonson in the press conference:
• At approx 0840 AM, BRPD officers at convenience store observed an individual wearing all black standing behind a beauty supply store holding a rifle
• At approx 0842 AM reports were received of shots fired
• At approx 0844 AM reports were received of officers down on the scene
• At approx 0845 AM reports were received of more shots fired
• At approx 0846 AM reports were received of the suspect wearing all black standing near a car wash located near the convenience store
• At approx 0848 AM EMS began staging at the scene to render aid
• Officers engaged the subject, and he ultimately died at the scene
• LSP and multiple agencies responded to the scene in an attempt to secure the area and identify possible potential suspects and further threats in the area."

https://www.facebook.com/LouisianaStatePolice/posts/1388102957872957

In the Governo's Press Conference, one of the speakers said "this isn't about gun control". I thought that was odd, and kind of wondered what I had missed but in looking over some Sovereign Citizen info, one of the things they are 'very into' is 2nd Ammendment stuff.

And then, I remembered that Gavin Seim, the guy who livestreamed David Fry and the other three holdouts at the Muldeur Refuge is a Sovereign Citizen sort.

So, here is what SPLC had to say about Seim almost two years ago:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch...217;-rally-led-youthful-‘patriot’

Of course it remains to be seen exactly what happened today in Baton Rouge and who is responsible.

bbm, has this been confirmed?

Weird. I've been seeing all over my Twitter that he is affiliated (and higher up) with BLM.

That would makes sense- many are tired of endless videos of unarmed citizens being killed

https://www.facebook.com/965Orlando...12343920601/10157258904480602/?type=3&theater

#BatonRouge suspect--Gavin Eugene Long, a black male from K.C.

Long was also a former Marine.

Pictured is Officer Montrell Jackson, one of three officers killed today in the Baton Rouge. That's his now-fatherless son.

So he served his country??

So, how does one judge if it is someone out for a stroll or a deranged killer?

TY I am open for how this is determined-tarrot cards!!

In this case....the man was reportedly wearing a mask and whatnot. That's pretty suspicious.

Concur!! Is this a place where you just run about your errand list with guns hanging off your body. Just learned the difference - dont know what poster, open carry, or walk about with a machine gun hidden!!!

That is what PUlse killer did - his machine gun folded in half!! A tuck here there ................good to go!!

open carry = must be obviously visible

concealed carry = must be hidden *edit* - if open carry is not permitted

Which one is more popular, a place where some road rage, could mean the dude has a machine gun under his shirt, or you know they are armed like cops??

Is this thread about open carry laws or about innocent cops who were killed and injured today in Baton Rouge?

I believe the question arose after it was reported the GL was seen walking with a weapon. Someone than asked if Louisiana is an open carry state, which it appears it is.

Oh my god - did not like this station from the beginning , they got someone with a preist collar or whatever on, I am Jewish -- not ok unless a rabbi is next !!

Oh my god - did not like this station from the beginning , they got someone with a preist collar or whatever on, I am Jewish -- not ok unless a rabbi is next !!

I'm confused by this statement. I'm Catholic but am always very interested when I hear a Rabbi speaking. Intelligent, well spoken people come from all races and religions. I certainly never felt offended by listening to a Rabbi speak. I never felt the need to have a rebuttal from a priest. I think we can always learn new things from different points of view.

Is this thread about open carry laws or about innocent cops who were killed and injured today in Baton Rouge?

Sorry if I offended you. I felt like people were truly curious about how open carry worked and wanted them to realize it wasn't like the "Wild West" with everyone walking around with guns. My apologies.

"We believe that the person who shot and killed our officers that he was the person that was shot and killed at the scene," Col. Mike Edmonson told reporters at an afternoon press conference.

A police spokesman told the Associated Press that two "persons of interest" in the killings have been detained near Baton Rouge.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/1...3-others-injured-in-baton-rouge-shooting.html

A government official told Fox News that authorities are working to confirm a report that a shooter was seen with an an AR-type weapon and wearing body armor.

Brady Vancel, who claims he saw the gunman, told the station that he "was in all black.""He had a mask on and a gun in his hand," Vancel said. "The way he was moving you would know that this was just a pedestrian running with a rifle in his hand more than someone with trained skills to move in that way with a rifle."

Sorry if I offended you. I felt like people were truly curious about how open carry worked and wanted them to realize it wasn't like the "Wild West" with everyone walking around with guns.

You didn't offend me. I'm not sure how open carry relates to this event.

You didn't offend me. I'm not sure how open carry relates to this event.

How do you tell the difference between someone walking around carrying a rifle vs. someone walking around carrying a rifle and hunting for LEOs? That's how the open carry discussion started. Today the shooter was wearing a mask but that might not always be the case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herr_indoors
Back