LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just don't get why they didn't seem to address the fact that there may be more people out there. They just said there is no active shooting. Are there more people involved or what?! Ugh.

I believe 2 of the deceased officers were Baton Rouge police and one was a sheriff's deputy. The shooter is dead too. 2 persons of interest. 3 other officers injured. One in really bad shape.

I just don't get why they didn't seem to address the fact that there may be more people out there. They just said there is no active shooting. Are there more people involved or what?! Ugh.

This is bothering me too! I've heard and read so many different stories about suspects and shooters. Was there only one?

CNN is reporting that the shooter may have been seen sitting in car outside police headquarters a short time before the shooting occurred.

Maybe a bit O/T - but in these circumstances, why announce med facilities names, which the LEOs are transported to?

Here, it's 2 hosp spokespersons. In some other recent shootings, it's been mayor, or PD, or sheriff, or pub info officer.
In this particular situation, seems pretty clear that the LEOs were ambushed, targeted. Why tell the world where surviving LEOs are being treated? Possibly draw more ppl who want to further injure, kill LEOs? Pretty sure a few ppl would go into hosps & 'finish the job' someone else started. No matter what level of security. JM2cts.

Not intending to offend/criticize, I may be overlooking officials' reasons for disclosing hosp names. Just trying to understand procedure.

Six total police officers, members of the Baton Rouge Police Department and the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office, were hit by gunfire that erupted around 9 a.m. near Airline and Old Hammond highways. Five of those officers were taken to Our Lady of the Lake Medical Center, said hospital spokeswoman Lauren Davidson.
Three of those five officers have died. One is in critical condition and one is in fair condition, Davidson said. The sixth officer is being treated for non-life-threatening injuries at Baton Rouge General Hospital, said hospital spokeswoman Rebekah Maricelli.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/07/baton_rouge_police_shooting.html
bbm

The guy talking now just said "these perpetrators......if there's more than one...." I wonder if that was a slip-up? He just said "individuals" who carried out the attack. So he really makes it seem like there may be more than one.

But earlier in the press conference they made it sound like nope, just this one guy and he's dead.

So...which is it? Do they even know? Are they trying to act like there are no others so that those who may be involved feel like they are in the clear and get sloppy or something?

I have been hearing there was more than 1, but it is too early to say. jmo

They have an open carry law in Louisiana, so if you have a permit for the gun then apparently you can stroll around with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being serious - if it is not againist the law, what would cause suscpion, if you are allowed to walk about with an arsonal on you??

i would leave a Burger King, if people were standing in line for a whopper , with machine guns on the shoulder - just me!!!

are they allowed to just have them where you see them on their body or do they have to be like under a sweater or something

that wont work in Fl, which would be good - they would die from heat stroke !! That is funny

are they allowed to just have them where you see them on their body or do they have to be like under a sweater or something

that wont work in Fl, which would be good - they would die from heat stroke !! That is funny

open carry = must be obviously visible

concealed carry = must be hidden *edit* - if open carry is not permitted

Has anyone heard it might be the Sovereign Citizens?

Under a sweater would be concealed and you need a license for that.

I don't know how you might know suspicious vs. non-suspicious.

Being serious - if it is not againist the law, what would cause suscpion, if you are allowed to walk about with an arsonal on you??

i would leave a Burger King, if people were standing in line for a whopper , with machine guns on the shoulder - just me!!!

In this baton rouge police massacre, a civilian called in about a man dressed in black with a mask. Armed. We shall see,I guess. jmo

" All lives matter"

Have not seen any poster here justify the shooting of LE. I can understand where the misinterpretation comes from though - by simply pointing out there are problems with LE and POC.

Jmo.

I have said this so often I feel like a broken record, but here goes again. There are good LE & bad LE & many times the color of one's skin has nothing to do with it. I am very white & during traffic stops, of which I've had more than my share because of my heavy foot, I have encountered more than my share of the BAD & UGLY. If I ever got a ticket from some good guy just doing his job, I never had any hard feelings at all. Those LE who were rude, crude, & nasty did cause me to have hostile feelings. Because I have minority friends, I also realize that they likely have more fears than Anglos. I, for one, hope never to be stopped by LE ever again for the simple fact that I don't want to be stopped by one of the 'bad guys'. However, regardless, nothing ever justifies the killing of LE, even if they happen to be jerks.

In this case....the man was reportedly wearing a mask and whatnot. That's pretty suspicious.

he was very specific to say that there was no active shooter situation and clearly the implication was that there is no known ongoing threat to the public.

he would not have said it that way if he believed there were still known accomplices that were involved but just were not shooters in this incident.

so either this really was just one person, or the other people, that were not shooters, are already in custody and he is not mentioning them for some reason.

imo

Via wikipedia:

Open carry of firearms in Louisiana is permitted without a permit, as long as the user is of at least 17 years of age and legally able to possess a firearm under state and federal law. Louisiana has state preemption of firearms laws, except for local laws passed before July 15, 1985.

Some restrictions like on school grounds. Rifles and shotguns are both okay.

So, how does one judge if it is someone out for a stroll or a deranged killer?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back