LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It could be Charles Wallace's missing person report if it exists, has been lost or misplaced over the years like many others..or just never made it online. Not everything is online. He seems to have never been declared legally dead (this might have happened even if the family truly believed Belle Chasse John Doe wasn't him), either, but knows.

We can't create a thread without making sure it's gone; from what I know in Websleuths, in theory we really can't create it if it's not on Namus, Doe Network or some institutional law enforcement site.
This was started by a news article, so I'm not sure about that but if we want to include Wallace we need a thread, if ciriii manages to get him on doe network can we do it then and can we link the threads? Hello Romulus been a minute ♥️

This was started by a news article, so I'm not sure about that but if we want to include Wallace we need a thread, if ciriii manages to get him on doe network can we do it then and can we link the threads? Hello Romulus been a minute ♥️
Well we know that he was missing because it is stated in the newspapers. But we don't know if he continued to be missing, that is something I am awaiting confirmation on.
His family lived in Lexington, but he disappeared from Memphis so again, I am not sure who would have held the file?
I have been trying to find anything in old newspapers and the FBI bulletins about him but there is nothing at all. He was either found, or his case was closed.
I do not believe he was found becuase there is no record of his existence at all post 1975. I can trace his various family members, but not him.

I am not in the US so I am not sure I am the best person to be making enquiries of LE, but if anyone did want to I would try with Lexington or Memphis Police Departments. However my feeling is that those files will have been long ago destroyed.

I also checked the FBU bulletins to see if they had published the fingerprints of BCJD but I had no luck there either.

Well we know that he was missing because it is stated in the newspapers. But we don't know if he continued to be missing, that is something I am awaiting confirmation on.
His family lived in Lexington, but he disappeared from Memphis so again, I am not sure who would have held the file?
I have been trying to find anything in old newspapers and the FBI bulletins about him but there is nothing at all. He was either found, or his case was closed.
I do not believe he was found becuase there is no record of his existence at all post 1975. I can trace his various family members, but not him.

I am not in the US so I am not sure I am the best person to be making enquiries of LE, but if anyone did want to I would try with Lexington or Memphis Police Departments. However my feeling is that those files will have been long ago destroyed.

I also checked the FBU bulletins to see if they had published the fingerprints of BCJD but I had no luck there either.
My problem too, location, but either pd dept would have to open a new case or nothing happens. As far as I know the LE on Namus, faces, Doe Network should be contacted to open a new case. But if they are not on these sites then the PD where they went missing or were found should be contacted and all material handed to them, that's as far as we can go legally. Anyone living close to those areas in the USA can also contact private investigators and ask them to help by reaching out to LE with all materials but we may not contact family or insert ourselves into any investigation.

I'm caught with time here, when I return over the weekend, I'll see where we are and I actually know a PI and an attorney in the states, i have their details somewhere, so if there's no movement by then, I'll mail the threads to them and ask where to noe5, IF there's an option. Good luck everybody.

BTW, I read the suicide note on medium, he doesn't quote durkheim, he just writes a letter, the journalist says he quotes durkheim, sorry for the rabbit hole digression, i just noticed because I rewrote the note in my junk journal. So sad.
The whole note isn't on Meduim I believe? I just saw one page and the note doesn't exist today so all we have is old newspaper accounts like the following article where the journalist says he cites an idea of Durkheim. Article clipped from The Post-Crescent

I would if I could! Wallace has no LE investigator because he was never reported missing it seems. Wallace's 2 brothers are both still alive. I have reached out to someone in this case and am just waiting to hear back.
I found the grave of CW’s father on ‘Find a Grave’. In his obituary it says he was preceded in death by his son CW. On the site it shows family members that have previously died and linked to the location of their graves. CW doesn’t have a grave link, perhaps because there is none.

The fact that there isn’t any grave listing for him and he hasn’t been reported missing is interesting to me. It’s a big part of why I lean heavily to CW being BCJD.

I found the grave of CW’s father on ‘Find a Grave’. In his obituary it says he was preceded in death by his son CW. On the site it shows family members that have previously died and linked to the location of their graves. CW doesn’t have a grave link, perhaps because there is none.

The fact that there isn’t any grave listing for him and he hasn’t been reported missing is interesting to me. It’s a big part of why I lean heavily to CW being BCJD.
He could have been privately buried or cremated. My dad has an obit but no grave listing because he was cremated and ashes scattered with my stepmom’s.

After reading through quite a number of older cases where no missing persons report was ever filed until decades and decades after the event, it is my belief that there never was a missing person report filed for CW.
I believe that the circumstances at the time meant that the police refused to accept a report. CW was an adult who had voluntarily left a facility for drug addicts. No crime had been committed, he had, in effect, voluntarily disappeared.
We do things differently nowadays but back then this was common procedure.

This is not the case if it has already been reported but what do you think of this profile?

Missing Person / NamUs #MP10100
Orin Robin Anderson, Male, White/Caucasian
Date of Last Contact: August 26, 1973
Missing From: Mequon, Wisconsin
Missing Age: 16 Years

View attachment 486078View attachment 486079

This young man is clearly Scandinavian though. I think law enforcement would have caught this in a recently deceased person. He looks very typically Swedish to me, at least.

While that alone does not rule him out, remember Mrs Wallace said the BCJD was "too dark" to be Charlie? His hair, and so on?

JMO!

I'm going to be the poster everyone hates and chime in again to suggest everyone also continue to keep an open mind about who else the BCJD may have been.

I understand Charles Wallace ticks many of the boxes, but I think we need to consider others as well.

Always frustrating as so many missing were never reported, or records lost and destroyed.

I'm going to be the poster everyone hates and chime in again to suggest everyone also continue to keep an open mind about who else the BCJD may have been.

I understand Charles Wallace ticks many of the boxes, but I think we need to consider others as well.

Always frustrating as so many missing were never reported, or records lost and destroyed.
No hate from me. While CW does hit a lot of the boxes, I’m still considering and searching for other possible matches.

Personally I’m still thinking this may have been a local who was never reported missing, possibly because of religious reasons.

While that alone does not rule him out, remember Mrs Wallace said the BCJD was "too dark" to be Charlie? His hair, and so on?
I thought she said his hair was too dark to be Charlie but then said she couldn't tell because his skin was so pale?

No hate from me either, although I think it's CW personally, I don't think it's wise to stop looking for other matches. In fact, it's absolutely thebright thing to do!

Personally I’m still thinking this may have been a local who was never reported missing, possibly because of religious reasons.
There didn't even need to be a reason for no missing person report. LE were very resistant to take reports of adults who had voluntarily left. Hell, you had all on to get them to accept reports of kids without the usual "they've run away, they'll come home".
It might be an idea to check Louisiana newspapers for missing people articles and see if they are in any databases today if they were never found.

This young man need to be exhumed pronto!

There didn't even need to be a reason for no missing person report.
I agree, there is no reason not to report someone missing. However like you said police didn’t do anything for adults or even kids that ran away multiple times in the past. That’s an issue even now.

The reason I mentioned religion is because RCs that committed suicide couldn’t be buried in Catholic cemeteries. Maybe his family did recognize him and didn’t claim out of embarrassment or shame. He wouldn’t have been able to be buried with them. Just a random thought I had over the week.

Cousins and Wallace cannot be excluded IMO but, I think there could be other possibilities. I personally have searched, for many years now, and have come up empty. I believe this young man was never reported missing or LE back then didn't take it seriously and handled it like a runaway who would return. Sad
Mrs. Wallace said he looked so pale..prob due to strangulation and death I would think. Agreed..body needs to be exhumed for DNA! Wish a cold case team would get involved.

I agree that it's important to keep an open mind. Another reason why BCJD and/or CW weren't reported missing could be that people at that time often got the runaround when the missing person didn't go missing in their primary residence. No police station took 'responsibility' and claimed 'no jurisdiction'. Classic example Grateful Dead JD. And certainly applies to CW.

The reason I mentioned religion is because RCs that committed suicide couldn’t be buried in Catholic cemeteries. Maybe his family did recognize him and didn’t claim out of embarrassment or shame. He wouldn’t have been able to be buried with them. Just a random thought I had over the week.
I think that's really interesting and a very good idea to look into. I had no idea a Catholic who committed suicide couldn't be buried in a Catholic cemetery! That would seem like a possible reason not to claim him, it sounds awful to say I know but if you're a devout Catholic and you can't give your son a proper burial and send off...well what are you gonna do?
Do we know anything about the Wallaces or Cousins' religious backgrounds?

Perhaps we should also consider other denominations of Christianity, Judaism and other faiths in which suicide might cause a problem for the family in this era? Someone might stand out.
Woukd I be right in saying that if BCJD was a local he woukd likely be Roman Catholic? (I'm only making an assumption based on Louisiana's historic French connections)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish
Back