LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’ve heard back from the Faces lab. They do not have DNA for our UID, but they did offer to compare what they do have with any suspected matches if I had a case number. I submitted Cosuins since he has one, not sure what to do about Wallace.

I’ve heard back from the Faces lab. They do not have DNA for our UID, but they did offer to compare what they do have with any suspected matches if I had a case number. I submitted Cosuins since he has one, not sure what to do about Wallace.

That's a shame! Did they have anything at all? Photos of the UID maybe?.

Thankyou for reaching out :)

Brilliant news! I wonder if they have dentals? Someone somewhere did have dentals at one point!
At least we can rule Cousins in or out, which is good news. If he's a rule out that really does just leave CW I would think.

Could you possibly forward them news articles about Wallace's dental and mouth scars matching? Maybe have them review it?
That does seem like a good idea

5769DMFL - Ralph Hampton Miller

1709057770154.png
5769DMFL.jpg

Name: Ralph Hampton Miller
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: September 19, 1970
Location Last Seen: Kathleen, Polk County, Florida

Physical Description

Date of Birth: February 12, 1953
Race: White
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 135 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Ralph was last seen on the evening of September 19, 1970, by his mother as she left for work.

According to numerous articles in The Ledger written five years after Ralph's disappearance, Ralph was last seen by friends on September 26, 1970. They were planning to attend a Chambers Brothers concert in Orlando. Instead, Ralph was allegedly driven to the Pines, a teenage gathering place in the Highlands near Banana Lake, where he was killed for being a police informant.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Polk County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Det. Jason McPherson
Agency Phone Number: 863-298-6834
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 1970-120392
NamUs Case Number: 56768

Information Source(s)

NamUs
FL DLE
The Ledger - Sept. 22, 1975

Maybe this guy is too old, but look at the photo and the comparison with the UID sketch...they really look the same!

Instead, Ralph was allegedly driven to the Pines, a teenage gathering place in the Highlands near Banana Lake, where he was killed for being a police informant

A 17-year-old police informant??
Sounds like they know which group of his friends committed the foul play, so I wonder why they couldn't recover him? Off to read more about RHM's case.

ETA: RHM's case is an odd one. It sounds like he was probably a victim of foul play, not suicide, though. JMO.

Last edited:
As with everything in this case things just seem to disappear! You ever get the feeling the universe is messing with you haha
I was just thinking about what Mrs Wallace had said "reading that note it was like Charlie was talking to us" (or similar). Do you think that was her way of saying it was him?
Yes, i would definitely say so, mother's know how their kids think, speak, write, that's strong circumstantial evidence if you can't prove handwriting.

I'm sure it probably has but it's always good to see things again with fresh eyes.

The more and more I think about it I feel 98% that this is Charles Wallace.
  • Matching scar on inside of mouth
  • Something unique with his feet that matched
  • Shoes possibly discarded as they would ID him due to unique feet
  • Matching dentals
  • CW had attempted suicide before
  • CW had been in a halfway house for drug rehabilitation
  • CW had been used to public speaking and therefore possibly writing speeches worded such as the letter
  • Apparently CW had been in the area previously and may have known it
  • CW's mother said the note was like "hearing Charlie talk"
  • The Wallace's neighbours recognised this as CW
  • Mrs Wallace spent a long time trying to find reasons why this was not her son, settling on a few minor details despite the overwhelming evidence that it was.
  • Apparently the Wallaces stopped looking for their son after this
I Think I might personally go forward with the assumption it's CW and see what I can do and who I can reach out to?
Contact Wallace's LE investigator give him all the evidence on the thread inc pics and pics of the funeral home docs and say Mothe knows the location of the remains, would they please investigate further as Wallace only has 1 living sibling so time is of the essence. Then let us know what happens. Crossing my fingers.

Contact Wallace's LE investigator give him all the evidence on the thread inc pics and pics of the funeral home docs and say Mothe knows the location of the remains, would they please investigate further as Wallace only has 1 living sibling so time is of the essence. Then let us know what happens. Crossing my fingers.
I would if I could! Wallace has no LE investigator because he was never reported missing it seems. Wallace's 2 brothers are both still alive. I have reached out to someone in this case and am just waiting to hear back.

I would if I could! Wallace has no LE investigator because he was never reported missing it seems. Wallace's 2 brothers are both still alive. I have reached out to someone in this case and am just waiting to hear back.
OK then same story goes, contact police where he went missing and explain there's no active cold case for him and ask them based on known remains if they would be willing to open a new case. You can do that but no more otherwise you exceed TOS of Websleuths.

...or he was reported missing and the Wallace's quietly had the case closed from their end perhaps.
I don't believe that, I don't care what my dead child wants. My child is dead, I'm naming him and burying him. I think you'd have to go far to find a parent who has lost a child to death who won't identify their child.

BTW, I read the suicide note on medium, he doesn't quote durkheim, he just writes a letter, the journalist says he quotes durkheim, sorry for the rabbit hole digression, i just noticed because I rewrote the note in my junk journal. So sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8
Back