LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your point but we have no surviving records, or so Plaquemins Parish allows, for him and I'm not at all sure there was indeed a match. I honestly don't see, as a resident of NOLA then, how he could have found his way to Naomi, which thanks @montani, is probably where he died. I cannot find any extant street maps of Naomi, so I'll email the Belle Chasse Gazette to see if they can help. There must be an archive somewhere that has a street map.

I'm also contacting the media rep for Othram for both Belle Chasse and Old Metairie UIDs. Thanks for everyone's patience and help. MrTony has Alzheimer's and has fallen twice, from sun pain on the yard, and unfortunately on the concrete driveway, teeth cracked, bleeding from face, hands and knee.

Charles Wallace was from Lexington, TN, although he may have been living in Memphis before he went missing, so it's hard to say which LE agency might have received his prints. But I've wondered why a paper in Wisconsin was the primary source for the story. It might have been distributed to a large number of papers and that one just happened to be the one paper that kept an archive.
Is there an actual photo of Charles Wallace online to compare him to the John Doe.

Is there an actual photo of Charles Wallace online to compare him to the John Doe.
Not that I know of. All we can rely on is that his mother thought there was enough resemblance from the sketch to take a trip to New Orleans and see for herself. I think I agree with @breachtones, it' psossible she did recognize him but in the end wanted to respect his wishes for anonymity.

Let's start working on this case again: in the meantime I found this profile, let's admit for a moment that the estimate made by the coroner on the age UID is lower, weight and height is ok!

Missing Person / NamUs #MP73876
Anthony Andrzejewski, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact: August 13, 1973
Missing From: New Castle, Delaware
Missing Age: 20 Years

Circumstances of Disappearance: Missing from Delaware State Hospital. Andrzejewski had ground privileges and had never wandered before.

1659280900591.png1659280954428.png

Last edited:
I think the pic and sketch look similar enough...circumstances of a mental institution, which we have all tossed around is interesting too.
Would like to know if this young man has any living relatives who could compare handwriting or say if he was capable of writing such a letter...or anyone who could have worked at the mental facility at that time.

Can someone who is registered on Namus put the exclusions of the missing person for this UID in the meantime?

Case Photo

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP73876Anthony Andrzejewski, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactAugust 13, 1973
Missing FromNew Castle, Delaware
Missing Age20 Years
Current Age69 Years

0 Unidentified Person Exclusions​

The eyes, thin nose and full lips make the resemblance almost uncanny. But his parents described him as "mentally retarded, with brain damage, and severe epilepsy(...)". And also as "shy and timid, afraid to venture as far as the sidewalk in front of his Woodcrest home alone(...)"

I don't think he would have been able to write such letter with all the health issues he suffered from. MOO JMO

Anthony Andrzejewski - Newspapers.com

MOO JMO

Edit to clarify last sentence.

Last edited:
Can someone who is registered on Namus put the exclusions of the missing person for this UID in the meantime?
Both the UID and MP you listed have 0 exclusions.

Case Photo

UNIDENTIFIED
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP88342Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body FoundFebruary 14, 1975
Location FoundPlaquemines Parish, Louisiana
Estimated Age Range16-18 Years

0 Missing Person Exclusions​

The eyes, thin nose and full lips make the resemblance almost uncanny. But his parents described him as "mentally retarded, with brain damage, and severe epilepsy(...)". And also as "shy and timid, afraid to venture as far as the sidewalk in front of his Woodcrest home alone(...)"

I don't think he would have been able to write such letter. MOO JMO

MOO JMO

Thanks @Caring1 and @PatLaurel

Yes, this is exactly what makes me doubt it is him.

Case Photo

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP73876Anthony Andrzejewski, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactAugust 13, 1973
Missing FromNew Castle, Delaware
Missing Age20 Years
Current Age69 Years

0 Unidentified Person Exclusions​

This looks like a good possibility the sketch and clothes look similar and the age range is consistent the only issue is he is described as not being very smart so I don’t know if he would be able to write the note

In this article, the parents state "he could not dress himself or write, but his father thinks he could read a few words(...)."
They also say "he could live a week without medication(...)."

I think this rules AA out. MOO JMO
Well Belle chasse John Doe doesn’t have any identifiers so we can’t 100% rule him out although it seems unlikely it’s him despite the resemblance

If it were me, I would submit for review, nothing to lose here. The resemblance is crazy close. If he could read a few words, he could most likely speak as well. MP possibly being connected to a mental facility, he could have had someone (another patient) write the note for him. We have all witnessed here on WS things that don’t make sense. I wouldn’t write him off as a possible match. Let the authorities compare and rule him out.

Well Belle chasse John Doe doesn’t have any identifiers so we can’t 100% rule him out although it seems unlikely it’s him despite the resemblance
The parents stated he would live a week without his medication. How and where would he get his medication from August, 1973 to February, 1975? That's almost 80 weeks without medication... But of course, anything is possible.

MOO JMO

ETA: I believe his parents were referring to the "severe epilepsy" medication.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member