LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Charlie's mom denied it was him, knowing it was...
Maybe because she didnt know how to handle the situation at the time..it was a case in the public eye, drawing attention.

I think this a good theory. With the identifying marks and didn't the dental records match Charlie?, I just don't how it's possible it wasn't him.

I think this a good theory. With the identifying marks and didn't the dental records match Charlie?, I just don't how it's possible it wasn't him.
I tend to agree.The dentals and a scar inside the mouth matched. I think his mother wanted to know herself that it was him, but at the same time to respect his wishes to die anonymously, if that makes any sense. There's still some conflicting details: no scar on the knee, distance from where he was last seen, and age. But the dental match seemed pretty specific. And the expertise of the person who made the age estimate has been questioned on this thread.

ETA I thought it was odd Charles' father didn't go to the coroner as well but maybe there was previous friction between them and he maybe would rather continue to believe his son was missing, than to know he had committed suicide.

Last edited:
NamUs mentions slightly protruding teeth...dont think I came across that before. Find that interesting too since Charlie (mentioned above) was said to have matching dental records.
Did bayard cousins have slightly protruding teeth. Also bayard has a cross scar and hazel eyes. Whereas this John Doe has brown eyes. Also bayards height is 6"2 to 6"3 and John Doe is 5"10 to 6"0. This makes me think charlie is more likely than bayard. Although charlie had a scar on the leg, and this John Doe did not.

Is there a known picture out there of Charlie or a physical description?

Yeah, not to be mean, but I'm not really sure the point of posting these?
I don’t think he’s Bayard. Bayard has a cross scar and hazel eyes and our John Doe has brown eyes and no cross scar also the height is different 5”9-6”0 for John Doe and 6”2-6”3 for bayard. I honestly think the similar shirt bayard is wearing is a coincidence that kind of outfit was common at the time. Also I don’t think bayard has slightly protruding front teeth. I think it would have been mentioned if John Doe had a cross scar.

I sent a message to Plaquemine Parish Coroner in hopes that I get a response. To those of you not familiar with the area, it's WAY off the beaten path on the other side of the river. Whomever he was he showed a sense of irony in hanging himself, as despondent as he was, from a persimmon tree in Plaquemine Parish. Plaquemine means persimmon in pre-post colonial Choctaw. He had to have known the area.

I sent a message to Plaquemine Parish Coroner in hopes that I get a response. To those of you not familiar with the area, it's WAY off the beaten path on the other side of the river. Whomever he was he showed a sense of irony in hanging himself, as despondent as he was, from a persimmon tree in Plaquemine Parish. Plaquemine means persimmon in pre-post colonial Choctaw. He had to have known the area.
I wonder why he was wearing no shoes also how we he able to hold everything without a bag. I also wonder how he was able to get to the place he hanged himself its very remote.

I wonder why he was wearing no shoes also how we he able to hold everything without a bag. I also wonder how he was able to get to the place he hanged himself its very remote.
I doubt much of a search was conducted. Up in the thread there was mention of a timeline given by a couple who passed by the orchard/veg truck patch. He could have folded the sheet, Kicked off his shoes. Wasn't much of an investigation.

I doubt much of a search was conducted. Up in the thread there was mention of a timeline given by a couple who passed by the orchard/veg truck patch. He could have folded the sheet, Kicked off his shoes. Wasn't much of an investigation.
Yeah the plaqueimines parish sheriffs office doesn’t seem serious about solving this case. They also forgot where he was buried.

Yeah the plaqueimines parish sheriffs office doesn’t seem serious about solving this case. They also forgot where he was buried.
If you look up the thread one of our posters who did great work, sorry old luddite here— Westlawn cemetery Plaquemine parish) La Mothe funeral home in charge. (OT Jelly Roll Morton was born a La Mothe)

If you look up the thread one of our posters who did great work, sorry old luddite here— Westlawn cemetery Plaquemine parish) La Mothe funeral home in charge. (OT Jelly Roll Morton was born a La Mothe)
So he was buried in mothe funeral home. But do we know where his grave is since his grave was unmarked.

I don't think it's that they forgot, but earlier in the thread it was explained that all the old records were lost in Hurricane Katrina and there were no computerised records yet.
It was also mentioned that the body could also be lost as so many graves were ruined and bodies washed up in the damage :( JMO

This is one of those cases that's stuck with me for a long time. He is so eloquently spoken, and you can truly feel his pain through his words.

I'm curious what the harm would be in releasing the rest of the suicide note after all this time? I'm hoping it also wasn't one of the things that was lost in Katrina...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1