LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how they determine age but if it is by appearance alone I can guarantee you that if I were ever found and unidentified they would classify me as a teenager or pre-teen even though I am 25. A few years ago I was carded to rent a rated R movie. I get the stink-eye if I try to buy liqour. lol
I hear ya. I still get carded at 47. I think my bones however would give away my age lol

I suspect that there may be confusion between the Cape Cod shop called Puritan's (which sells other designers' goods). They didn't start making a shirt branded 'Puritan Cape Cod' until 2012.

That is different from the Puritan brand, which was owned by a company called Warnaco in the early-mid 1970s. (Later acquired by Walmart.)

Bayard Cousins has been previously discussed quite a bit. I think part of the problem is that, because most/all records (and his mortal remains) in Belle Chasse JD's case have been lost, there's no way to compare the two.

1st I read somewhere that his shirt was Puritan Brand and that that was a high end brand sold on Cape Cod. Also,What about Bayard Cousins as a match? Bayard William Cousins

Bayard Cousins has been spoken about extensively in this thread as well as others put forward for consideration. I'm sure LE have been through all those because some are brought up repeatedly. I don't know if the young man is every going to be identified. LA have suffered some devastating floods and hurricanes over the years where evidence has been lost.

As for his age, a skeleton decides the age to a certain extent regardless of someone's youthful exterior. Bones fuse, cartilage wears down, bone loss due to disease or infection, evidence of giving birth in the case of a woman, etc.

Bayard Cousins has been previously discussed quite a bit. I think part of the problem is that, because most/all records (and his mortal remains) in Belle Chasse JD's case have been lost, there's no way to compare the two.

Only DNA is the way?

Just referencing the above....so the jar, suicide note, blanket...all that is gone as well(?) Disappointing since they could have been potential DNA sources.
I feel so sad for this young man.
I hope he knows how many of us care for him.

Last edited:
Where was the spot this young man was found?
Well traveled area or secluded?
Walking paths...
Anything close or nearby..gas station, diner, hotel, ect?

Doe Network says "he was located on the banks [sic] of the Mississippi River", so probably in the narrow, wooded riparian strip between the levee and the water's edge. There is a road on top of the levee; perhaps he was spotted by a passing motorist.

Edit: I've followed this case on WebSleuths for some time. I cannot believe that this is anyone besides Bayard Cousins.....

20190923_201719_0000.png

Doe Network says "he was located on the banks [sic] of the Mississippi River", so probably in the narrow, wooded riparian strip between the levee and the water's edge. There is a road on top of the levee; perhaps he was spotted by a passing motorist.

Edit: I've followed this case on WebSleuths for some time. I cannot believe that this is anyone besides Bayard Cousins.....

20190923_201719_0000.png

I have had the same feeling for years as well. Gut reaction.

Is there anything that might point towards John Doe not being Bayard Cousins? I know it has been discussed a lot, but I still think it is a strong possibility.

Is there anything that might point towards John Doe not being Bayard Cousins? I know it has been discussed a lot, but I still think it is a strong possibility.

Really just the age, 22 compared to a really oddly specific 16-17.
Must’ve been a pretty tall 16-17 year old I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee