LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dislike.

As a slight aghast aside, in Louisiana today, “A. The coroner shall be a physician licensed by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners to practice medicine in the state of Louisiana. This requirement shall be waived in any parish in which no licensed physician qualifies to run for the office.”

I emailed the head professor at FACES to ask if the coroner agreed with LE assessment of age of this young man—no change. But Dr Minyard was not a forensic pathologist. And there were some people over the 40 years he was coroner who felt he had a bias towards LE, leaning in their favor. So according to LE and Minyard, a teenager.

I was almost 100% sure that JD was Bayard Cousins, the sketch looks just like him imo, but the scar and the dentals say Charlie. I hope we can find a yearbook photo of Charlie somewhere to compare.

The dentals and scar pretty much sum it up for me and I read a few pages back that the uid had slightly protruding teeth which makes them that much more unique. The only thing that will probably change my opinion now is if we find out Wallace was found deceased at some other time.

I take the liberty of inserting these, maybe looking closer, there are some profiles that may be interesting, I chose a 5-year disappearance range from 1970 to 1975, even if as already mentioned I am convinced that this guy is not yet in any database for the disappeared.

missing1.png missing2.png missing3.png

I’m still leaning towards someone who lived in Belle Chasse or someone who moved from either another part of Louisiana or possibly Texas. Look on a map, it’s the back of beyond with The Mississippi River and Highway 23 on one side bayous and lakes on the other. As I said before, difficult area and terrain to navigate unless you know it very, very well.

And I will add to that, only someone from that parish, St Bernard, NOLA, an historian, or tour guide to Jean Lafitte park would know the meaning of Plaquemine.

Last edited:
So in 1975, where would you be that you might resort to wearing mismatched clothes and lack of shoes...mental facility? According to the note, he said he wanted his parents to think he was missing..maybe if he ran away from there, that's exactly what they would think...
Question is, was he ever reported missing....and if not, why?

So in 1975, where would you be that you might resort to wearing mismatched clothes and lack of shoes...mental facility? According to the note, he said he wanted his parents to think he was missing..maybe if he ran away from there, that's exactly what they would think...
I could find no record of a Charlie Wallace missing from Tennessee. I found the VA missing website difficult to load on my ancient iPad. Perhaps someone can?

In terms of a mental facility: Charity Hospital

I think I've found obituaries for Charlie Wallace's parents,both say they were proceeded in death by their son Charles. That's about as far as I've got o_O
I think I found them too. They both give his full name as Charles Howard Wallace. I could not find any records or an obituary for him. I don't have a subscription to any of the school yearbook sites. If someone else does, maybe they could find a picture. There seems to be only one high school in Lexington. From the conflicting age data he may have graduated between 1971 and 1974. MOO

I could find no record of a Charlie Wallace missing from Tennessee. I found the VA missing website difficult to load on my ancient iPad. Perhaps someone can?

In terms of a mental facility: Charity Hospital
Near his home in TN the main state site is this one. It was there in the 1970s, I can confirm. Formerly known as the Bolivar State Hospital, it's now called the Western Mental Health Institute Western Mental Health Institute

ETA This also doesn't sound like the place described by his mother in the article, which she said was "a Memphis home for teenagers with drug problems".

Last edited:
I’m still leaning towards someone who lived in Belle Chasse or someone who moved from either another part of Louisiana or possibly Texas. Look on a map, it’s the back of beyond with The Mississippi River and Highway 23 on one side bayous and lakes on the other. As I said before, difficult area and terrain to navigate unless you know it very, very well.

And I will add to that, only someone from that parish, St Bernard, NOLA, an historian, or tour guide to Jean Lafitte park would know the meaning of Plaquemine.

Or Bayard's mother, Plaquemines means persimone in chocktow. It has been said several times on this thread recently.

The beginning of the thread should say if someone made this thread from a missing profile or a newspaper report.

Maybe he was just colourblind?. Dark shades are hard to distinguish from one another unless you look closely (speaking as a woman who has paired A LOT of socks over the years).
My brother is colourblind and he can't distinguish betwen red and green,he has tried to explain what he sees to me before but it doesn't seem like any colour that I can see.

I think I found them too. They both give his full name as Charles Howard Wallace. I could not find any records or an obituary for him. I don't have a subscription to any of the school yearbook sites. If someone else does, maybe they could find a picture. There seems to be only one high school in Lexington. From the conflicting age data he may have graduated between 1971 and 1974. MOO

Thats them!. I spent ages last night searching and his name doesn't come up anywhere,for anything. It's like he never existed!.
I think I have found his brothers on fb,only one has a good picture and he is in 60's so it's not easy to check for a familial resemblance to the sketch o_O

Uh...his socks might be mismatched but his shirt and pants aren't. That's how we dressed in the late 60s and early 70s, in the trendy/mod/hippie branch of the world. "Matching" wasn't really a concept. This is from the 1969 Montgomery Ward catalog, a fairly conservative store:
1969-Montgomery-Ward-men-hippie-psych-trippy-outfits-pants-shirts-70s-outfit-495x453.jpg

This is probably more similar to what our guy was wearing, except the shirt was probably brighter colored:

12-COBB-1-jumbo.jpg

Last edited:
<modsnip>

As to the clothing, the West Bank was fairly conservative, except for the base, most of the people working there would have been fisherman, small farm crops, restaurants, citrus farmers, blue collar with doctors and lawyers and richer businesses in the area.
I don’t remember much mod going on there.

And to the age issue: we only have Det Verdi’s assessment, corroborated by the coroner, that he was 16-17. When I was 31 I went to drop off paperwork at my son’s high school in NOLA. The lady in the office said ‘Girl, come back with your mama, I can’t take this from you. I need a parent or guardian.’ My point, and I may be off, is that both assessments of age may be faulty. Since coroners records in LA, a closed record state, are not available for the public, LE would have to request it. I’ll try calling Monday to Plaquemine Parish Sheriff’s office to ask, but I doubt they’d care about a 47 year old case that Minyard signed off on.

And I don’t think Charlie Wallace would have been in Belle Chasse long enough to get the lay of the land.
All just my best educated guess and opinion.
Another epistle...;/

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy enough to look up. It was a newspaper from several states north of there, the March 27, 1975 Post-Crescent, Appleton-Neenah-Menosha, Wisconsin.
It was originally in the States-Item and Times-Picayune within the week or so of his death and coroner’s autopsy (I have issues with that) and would have been put on Reuter’s or another service like that. March 27th is over a month from his death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1